Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Let's all take Blindboy seriously now...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,700 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

chrissb8 wrote: »
    The whole point that he can be taken seriously in a plastic bag is what he's trying to get at. Infact I'd say he's an inverse of what we're used to. Men in suits with serious faces talking laughable bulls**t to us. What he's saying is to actually listen to him and don't worry about what he looks like or how he presents himself physically. The idea that we need to be dressed up or propped up in a certain way to be taken seriously when the truth doesn't matter where it comes from. Because it's the truth nothing more or nothing less. I respect that alot. Infact not many people could go on a talk show and hold their own in the get up he puts on.

Also what is wrong with his stances on feminism and the repeal campaign he's right. Alot of young men have a huge amount of respect for him for using his voice to talk about mental health and the issues of feminism to men. He's not a champion but he's said it himself he's had issues with his own mental health and sees a perceived wrong in the trivilisation of mental health in Ireland. And is he wrong? How many young men in Ireland are committing suicide or suffering alone. He's using his voice for something extremely important and not going away. If someone is articulate and has what looks like to me alot of relevant and important things to say their appearance means nothing. Would it matter if he was wearing the bag and was on radio or even in the newspaper?

I would have more people dressed in ridiculous outfits if we could get half the brain blindboy seems to have. This is just another case of get off your high horse and down with the rest of us. You can guess I'm a big fan of his and you can ascertain how wrong you are in thinking he's talking nonsense when he has so clearly struck a chord with many and his "arrogant" msgs of a more utilitarian Ireland. God forbid.

Great post. You hit the nail on the head about Blind-Boy.

He seems to be interested in playing with the idea of what is performance or art and where we draw the line at what is regarded as "serious" or real - so, yes, him making reasonable, coherent and articulate points about real world issues, all the while wearing a Spar bag on his head, is nearly the essence of what he's about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

mathie wrote: »
    They were funnier when they did comedy over serious stuff?

And more entertaining, less annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

When did they ever do comedy

That balloon prank phone call to the bank is classic stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Sky King wrote: »

Does it strike anyone else as strange that a made-up persona with a fake voice, parody accent and a fking plastic bag on his head is treated like a normal, regular person in debates and current affairs TV shows?

We're living in a postmodern, post truth, celebrity obsessed culture, where the President of the United States, a celeb in his own right, posts random unfiltered musings on Twitter.

So no, it doesn't strike me as strange in the least bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Never listened to him, never will. Read written articles about him and not gone on him/them.
    I understand daft punk doing the mask thing; Sia too, but a serious gulf in talent exists between those three.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Never listened to him, never will. Read written articles about him and not gone on him/them.
    I understand daft punk doing the mask thing; Sia too, but a serious gulf in talent exists between those three.

How can you tell there's a gulf in talent if you never listen to him or his work? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

How can you tell there's a gulf in talent if you never listen to him or his work? :confused:

Thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,700 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

So you are basing your opinion on nothing then.

Sound!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Not to sound too gay (I'm totally being gay) but he is actually very handsome. Especially considering he covers his face when performing. Lovely. :D

I think he is funny. And I personally appreciated what he said on The Late Late Show a couple of weeks ago about dealing with his anxiety issues, it was a very good message and I feel like the interview for real helped some people who watched it. It wasn't the run of the mill interview where someone says I was depressed and now I'm okay. He gave out good practical and helpful information that not enough people know about. It certainly struck a deep cord with me anyway.

My criticism of The Rubberbandit's like others on the thread is the whole social justice warrior shtick that they have going on. Social justice activism is the antithesis of comedy.

Second sentence...i read written articles about him...which quoted him/them.
    If he is such a genius, why hasn't the rest of the world picked up on his talent? Given the proliferance of interwebs, they have the platform. Maybe their talent/appeal doesn't resonate outside of the Republic?

Remember Dido? Sang on an Eminem track...her brother and sister (Rollo and Sister Bliss) are musicians too. They are part of Faithless but they do stellar work individually too. Their parents are from Limerick and dido and rollo are their real names. Useless fact but since we're talking of talent to come out of limerick...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Jayop wrote: »
    3 of the top 5 threads right now on AH are complaining about people from the left having a voice and expressing it.
    I would consider myself left of centre in most aspects. On that score I'd be a "damned commie" to many Americans. In general though I'd be an old school liberal, which might be summed up with "whatever floats your boat so long as it doesn't sink anybody else's" and I would and have happily supported that position with both my taxes and lack of concern about how folks get through their day.

However I draw the line, or at least feel free to question, even laugh at, the one side promotion of painfully parroted and fashionable naive, but hardcore politic masquerading as reasonable discourse spouted by talking heads of usually excessive loudness in the media, especially, but not exclusively when it's on media the same taxes of all of us help fund.

Never mind that such prattle from such simplistic and oft simple minded talking heads only serves to increase the already increasing polarity in western society and drowns out the questioning and much worse the middle ground voices.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

If he is such a genius, why hasn't the rest of the world picked up on his talent? Given the proliferance of interwebs, they have the platform. Maybe their talent/appeal doesn't resonate outside of the Republic?

Remember Dido? Sang on an Eminem track...her brother and sister (Rollo and Sister Bliss) are musicians too. They are part of Faithless but they do stellar work individually too. Their parents are from Limerick and dido and rollo are their real names. Useless fact but since we're talking of talent to come out of limerick...

1] Who s claiming he s a genius

2] If the rest of the world picks up on you it proves you ve talent yeah? like westlife is it

3] They ve 430000 followers on facebook and sold out the soho club in london for 30 nights in a row last year, last time I looked London wasn't part of the republic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Yes, young men thrown on the economic scrap-heap by global neo-liberalism just need to learn how to let a woman take them out for dinner.

Fantastic insight, not patronising at all.

Russell Brand, is that you?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

I find the bandwagon jumping by him irritating to say the least and they're full of double standards.for example they cream the catholic church as much as possible for comedic effect speaking of haunted bread etc,grand but they forever play devils advocate for Islam and never take the piss out of it.when pressed on twitter the cop out is that that's not the religion they were brought up in and cannot comment on it.it doesn't really tally with the whole liberal belief system they champion.catholicism is an easy whipping boy that i feel the use in a bid to look edgy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Wibbs wrote: »
    I would consider myself left of centre in most aspects. On that score I'd be a "damned commie" to many Americans. In general though I'd be an old school liberal, which might be summed up with "whatever floats your boat so long as it doesn't sink anybody else's" and I would and have happily supported that position with both my taxes and lack of concern about how folks get through their day.

However I draw the line, or at least feel free to question, even laugh at, the one side promotion of painfully parroted and fashionable naive, but hardcore politic masquerading as reasonable discourse spouted by talking heads of usually excessive loudness in the media, especially, but not exclusively when it's on media the same taxes of all of us help fund.

Never mind that such prattle from such simplistic and oft simple minded talking heads only serves to increase the already increasing polarity in western society and drowns out the questioning and much worse the middle ground voices.

But the simplistic prattling is coming from both side. You have the IONA heads with their daily pieces in all the nationals, you have 3/4 right wing tabloids vomiting their own brand of bile on the populace, you have Kenny and many more on national radio. I don't watch Irish TV so I don't know but surely they're there too.

My point seems to have been missed on you. I'm not complaining about anything other than those who moan about BS from the left (a lot of it is) while at the same time they scream blue murder that their voice is being silenced when it patently isn't given the majority of the print media and a fair portion of the radio coverage is right wing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

in fairness having a placcy bag over one's head is sure to engender a blinkered view on the world...

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

It just seems a shame that someone would base their opinion on a person/product/endeavour entirely on other people's opinions, instead of checking them out yourself to find out for sure.

You might well find out that you still don't like them, and that's entirely down to your own tastes and interests, but at least then it would be your educated opinion instead of something you just read in the paper.

But the simplistic prattling is coming from both side.
    1) the "left" is more in evidence and "acceptable", 2) its the increasing polarisation of opinion that concerns me.
    My point seems to have been missed on you.
    Not really.
    I'm not complaining about anything other than those who moan about BS from the left (a lot of it is) while at the same time they scream blue murder that their voice is being silenced when it patently isn't given the majority of the print media and a fair portion of the radio coverage is right wing.
    It is and it isn't. It very much depends on one's worldview out of the gate. EG take this here Boards.ie itself. Damn near every week we have people claiming and berating the site and members for being too "left/right wing[delete as applicable] with equal fervour for their strongly heal position.

As for the media in Ireland, only the most obtuse of observers would claim that it is right leaning. It is very much left of centre, including the red tops stuffed under the front seat of a Transit van for the most part. RTE is very much left of centre on almost all matters. The Indo even moreso.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Yer man realised there's only so many "Das Limerick citaaay" gags you can make. Cue a very convenient turn towards being a mental health pioneer, much like Niall Breslin did when his music career headed down the S-bend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Prune Tracy

The Mail and at times, red tops are right-wing. The Indo is right-wing economically.

But I don't know how anyone could deem broadcast here as right-wing. Or left-wing. They're totally in the centre.

3 of the top 5 threads right now on AH are complaining about people from the left having a voice and expressing it. These are the same people who will then cry about no-platforming and that yoke that was chucked from the SU for being an IONA stooge.

If anything is a parody of itself, it's this place and not yer man with the bag on his head.

The left are those who cry about donald trump when hillary and co actually created trump.the biggest campaigner for trump was hillary.i'm convinced of it.i knew the fecker would win the election as soon as she called him supporters the deplorables with a big lunatic smile on her face.the problem is we can't talk about issues anymore,everyonehas to roar and everyone has to be labelled.

The Mail and at times, red tops are right-wing. The Indo is right-wing economically.

But I don't know how anyone could deem broadcast here as right-wing. Or left-wing. They're totally in the centre.

Compared to the states we're left wing.stuff here that's right wing would nearly be referred to as the looney left by fox.

It just seems a shame that someone would base their opinion on a person/product/endeavour entirely on other people's opinions, instead of checking them out yourself to find out for sure.

You might well find out that you still don't like them, and that's entirely down to your own tastes and interests, but at least then it would be your educated opinion instead of something you just read in the paper.

If i was the type who absorbs others' opinions and makes them my own, wouldn't i have been 'converted' by reading the favourable posts on this thread? I can filter sh't on my own and i'm living happily without these guys' observations, opinions, sketches and songs about whatever. The older i get, the more i trust my judgement but continue with the subtle digs because i don't like what you like.

Noveight wrote: »
    Yer man realised there's only so many "Das Limerick citaaay" gags you can make. Cue a very convenient turn towards being a mental health pioneer, much like Niall Breslin did when his music career headed down the S-bend.

If you think all he s got is thats limerick city gags you know nothing about the bandits or his work. The Bandits had one of their songs on the latest trainspotting
    soundtrack 'dad s best friend' that couldn t have been further from that s limerick city jokes plus blindboy has just released a critically acclaimed book of short stories.

The mental health stuff is just something he knows a lot about and cares a lot about. Should he not talk about subjects he cares about to please cynics like yourself for fear that the likes of you project ulterior motives on him. I'd sincerely hope not.

How about giving them/him a little bit of credit for what they ve achieved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Dannyriver wrote: »
    If you think all he s got is thats limerick city gags you know nothing about the bandits or his work. The Bandits had one of their songs on the latest trainspotting
    soundtrack 'dad s best friend' that couldn t have been further from that s limerick city jokes plus blindboy has just released a critically acclaimed book of short stories.

The mental health stuff is just something he knows a lot about and cares a lot about. Should he not talk about subjects he cares about to please cynics like yourself for fear that the likes of you project ulterior motives on him. I'd sincerely hope not.

How about giving them/him a little bit of credit for what they ve achieved.

My word it seems you've done enough for all of us! Literally the last year's worth of your posts have exclusively been about the Rubberbandits. Are you their version of Stan to Eminem?! ''Dear Blindboy I wrote you but you still ain't called''

*Disclaimer I have 1000's of posts about Pro Wrestling and 100's about Celebrity Big Brother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

This thread is fascinating timing! His latest podcast dicusses the Irish culture to belittle another Irish person if they begin to do well for themselves. Something about making you realise what you have not achieved in your life......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

This thread is fascinating timing! His latest podcast dicusses the Irish culture to belittle another Irish person if they begin to do well for themselves. Something about making you realise what you have not achieved in your life......

Criticizing ≠ begrudging. Probably suits him better that it does, mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Brian Shallow Pocketful

The begrudgery line...yawn....not everyone has to take his nonsense like men need feminism/sjw bandwagon for gospel..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Noveight wrote: »

How would a turn towards a mental health pioneer be seen as some sort of convenient decision in Ireland? We are light years behind in discussing it and even further behind in implementing solutions and supports. By right such a move should have meant that they had no impact at all and got very little press etc but just from being brutally honest, which is uncomfortable for some, they have gained traction in the much needed debate about it. Having experience of this industry, it's staggering to think that people taking on mental health issues is some form of easy celebrity for them, it should be a lose-lose considering how neglected and disturbingly inept on this subject we as a country are.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

Corholio wrote: »
    How would a turn towards a mental health pioneer be seen as some sort of convenient decision in Ireland? We are light years behind in discussing it and even further behind in implementing solutions and supports. By right such a move should have meant that they had no impact at all and got very little press etc but just from being brutally honest, which is uncomfortable for some, they have gained traction in the much needed debate about it. Having experience of this industry, it's staggering to think that people taking on mental health issues is some form of easy celebrity for them, it should be a lose-lose considering how neglected and disturbingly inept on this subject we as a country are.

We are light years behind who? I don't think Ireland is particularly well equipped in dealing with mental health issues but isn't that pretty much a world wide problem?

As for the topic of the thread, why does everyone refer to him as blindboy? His name is Dave Chambers. It's not as if that's a secret or anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,208 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Django99 wrote: »

As for the topic of the thread, why does everyone refer to him as blindboy? His name is Dave Chambers. It's not as if that's a secret or anything.

Considering its now common knowledge who he actually is, if he wants to come on current affair or chat shows and discuss mental health issues, homelessness etc, then surely its time he took the stupid bag off his face.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Has Boatclub ever appeared out of character in the media?

It might give him more credability to separate the character from the actual person.

Real name, real accent and no bag.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

c_man wrote: »
    The show was cancelled though, aye? And the Fringe? Yeah, you could put money on more than half the audience being Irish. C'mon, I've lived there through around 5 or so. You get all the usual Irish acts over and they do well with the Irish there. That's the case and there's nothing wrong with that.

Which show that was cancelled? The one they were a small part of? Or the “Almost Impossible Quiz Show” they’re working on another series of?

Selling out a run of gigs in London is a terrible failure as well, just like their abject failure of selling out at the Fringe Festival.

You don’t like them. That’s fine, but can you stop making things up?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Have you ever listened to Newstalk?

Brian? wrote: »
    Which show that was cancelled? The one they were a small part of? Or the “Almost Impossible Quiz Show” they’re working on another series of?

Selling out a run of gigs in London is a terrible failure as well, just like their abject failure of selling out at the Fringe Festival.

You don’t like them. That’s fine, but can you stop making things up?
    Aye, to be fair to the Rubberbandits, they're making waves and being successful. Even more fair play as the style and delivery of their comedy is very "local" and wouldn't expect to translate more widely, but it has.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

chrissb8 wrote: »
    The whole point that he can be taken seriously in a plastic bag is what he's trying to get at. Infact I'd say he's an inverse of what we're used to. Men in suits with serious faces talking laughable bulls**t to us. What he's saying is to actually listen to him and don't worry about what he looks like or how he presents himself physically. The idea that we need to be dressed up or propped up in a certain way to be taken seriously when the truth doesn't matter where it comes from. Because it's the truth nothing more or nothing less. I respect that alot. Infact not many people could go on a talk show and hold their own in the get up he puts on.

Also what is wrong with his stances on feminism and the repeal campaign he's right. Alot of young men have a huge amount of respect for him for using his voice to talk about mental health and the issues of feminism to men. He's not a champion but he's said it himself he's had issues with his own mental health and sees a perceived wrong in the trivilisation of mental health in Ireland. And is he wrong? How many young men in Ireland are committing suicide or suffering alone. He's using his voice for something extremely important and not going away. If someone is articulate and has what looks like to me alot of relevant and important things to say their appearance means nothing. Would it matter if he was wearing the bag and was on radio or even in the newspaper?

I would have more people dressed in ridiculous outfits if we could get half the brain blindboy seems to have. This is just another case of get off your high horse and down with the rest of us. You can guess I'm a big fan of his and you can ascertain how wrong you are in thinking he's talking nonsense when he has so clearly struck a chord with many and his "arrogant" msgs of a more utilitarian Ireland. God forbid.

Do you have a statue of him somewhere in the garden?.

No what hes saying is not the truth he would admit that himself its his opinion.

His stance on feminism and repeal saying hes right again is nonsense. Thats your opinion hes right!.
    Might come as news to you but huge amount of people here dont support abortion and regarding feminism I truly dont think he understands what it is. The chap lives in la la land and sees feminism like the old suffragettes still fighting to vote and not the socio militant devisive movement it has become.

Hes nowhere near as smart you think he is either. He has a good vocabulary and is allowed alot of time to flesh out his self indulent "arent I profound" points but his logic and rationale are terribly flawed. He sounds smart on the Late Late as that simpleton tubs just agrees never challenges or engages debate with whatever guff he says before plugging some new book full of more guff.

Arrogantly entitled "The Gospel according to".

Some young men like him others see him for the self indulgent nonce that he is.

I've listened to him on several topics and find him topical, imprudent detached and aloof.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

[/B]
    Thank you for this, some serious tunes in those videos

Genuine Irish surrealism at its finest.

Some young men like him others see him for the self indulgent nonce that he is.

Jesus Tap-Dancing Christ. Do you even know what the word "nonce" usually means in the slang of these islands? You've literally no idea what you're posting here. No clue at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Wibbs if you think the right wing mouthpiece paper from redacted News and media is left wing then your opinion on how Irish media is unbalanced is a bit pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Jesus Tap-Dancing Christ. Do you even know what the word "nonce" usually means in the slang of these islands? You've literally no idea what you're posting here. No clue at all.

Wow. Calling him a nonce seems a bit much :confused:

• Advertisement

The older i get, the more i trust my judgement but continue with the subtle digs because i don't like what you like.

You're deflecting the point, and badly. There was no "dig" at you in my post, be that subtle or otherwise.

Age is grand, but actual experience is far more effective in developing your "judgement". Until you're willing to give it a look and make an informed decision about it, instead of basing your criticism on second-hand opinion, you just come across as silly.

regarding feminism I truly dont think he understands what it is. The chap lives in la la land and sees feminism like the old suffragettes still fighting to vote and not the socio militant devisive movement it has become.
    I would agree. That he talks about young men's mental health is a good thing, but when he adds in that "feminism" is the positive in the fight to help young men, the same movement that spends a large proportion of its time directly telling the same men that they are to blame for all the ills of the world, hits the daft and irony button with equal vigour.

That said I can understand why he might believe this and there would be a generational thing going on. He's grown up, as many young men have, with that philosophy as a background, particularly if he grew up in a liberal/centre left environment*. The more he gets into show business the more that stuff will be reinforced(though as we've seen with Hollywood it's often a mask).

*nothing wrong with that BTW. I would class myself as an old style liberal.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

You can listen to him, but you don't have to agree with everything. And that's fine.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    You can listen to him, but you don't have to agree with everything. And that's fine.

Similarly, people that are mildly critical or ambivalent about him don't have to be throughly taken to task by acolytes and mates for being 'begrudgers' and bourgeois fascists.

elefant wrote: »
    Wow. Calling him a nonce seems a bit much :confused:

Presumably he meant ponce (which is also unfair).

At least, I hope he did!

Omackeral wrote: »
    My word it seems you've done enough for all of us! Literally the last year's worth of your posts have exclusively been about the Rubberbandits. Are you their version of Stan to Eminem?! ''Dear Blindboy I wrote you but you still ain't called''

*Disclaimer I have 1000's of posts about Pro Wrestling and 100's about Celebrity Big Brother.

No but I grew up with them both and they re friends of mine so I tend to call out people who talk ****e about them on here. As someone else here said if you dont like them thats you re own business , but expect to be called out when you go on here making **** up and throwing insults at them around stuff you dont have a clue about. Hope thats ok with you, im sure you d stick up for friends of yours if pwoplw were having a pop at them that you didn t think was fair.

Django99 wrote: »
    We are light years behind who? I don't think Ireland is particularly well equipped in dealing with mental health issues but isn't that pretty much a world wide problem?

I know I ve also seen loads of people refer to David Jones as David Bowie, and Reginald Dwight as Elton John even Robert Zimmerman as Bob Dylan on other sites incredible isn t it .....? You absolute {expletive of choice}

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Prune Tracy

Wibbs wrote: »
    Have you ever listened to Newstalk?
    Yeah there are left leaning folks and then folk coming from the other direction like Yates and Hook - so it balances out imo.

But I see your point - either centre or centre-left would describe the Irish broadcast media. How it could honestly be deemed right-wing is beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Dannyriver wrote: »
    No but I grew up with them both and they re friends of mine so I tend to call out people who talk ****e about them on here. As someone else here said if you dont like them thats you re own business , but expect to be called out when you go on here making **** up and throwing insults at them around stuff you dont have a clue about. Hope thats ok with you, im sure you d stick up for friends of yours if pwoplw were having a pop at them that you didn t think was fair.

That's cool and all but literally it's all you post about. Have you opinions on anything else at all besides the Rubberbandits?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Brian? wrote: »

No idea mate. I know they had a show two or three years back and haven't been on since (UK tv) so I just assumed cancelled. It's not exactly like it's Sherlock or something.

I'm sure Bono says the same. And Gedolf. It's a handy shield, can't blame people for using it.

Advertisement