Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get the gateway IP on the WAN side of my router?

Options
  • 13-11-2017 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello,

I had to swap out my Eircom F2000 for an ASUS model recently, because I needed features that were just not supported on the F2000.

I have successfully configured the new router. I purchased a static IP address, as I need to connect via VPN to my home network while on the road.

If I connect using the standard Eircom PPPoE settings, the router connects successfully with the static IP address, but the route then flaps every few seconds.

I can connect using an "automatic IP" option, which is very stable, but does not use the static ip address assigned.

(Leaving the default gateway and subnet mask settings as 0.0.0.0 does not work, as the router complains of "invalid ip address".)

I also have the option to connect via static ip address, which I think would solve all the issues.

My question is how can I get my default gateway and subnet mask for my WAN connection, please?
    (Please do not talk about the LAN addresses, as this is not the issue.)

Regards,

Dan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

DanZ56 wrote: »
    Hello,

I had to swap out my Eircom F2000 for an ASUS model recently, because I needed features that were just not supported on the F2000.

I have successfully configured the new router. I purchased a static IP address, as I need to connect via VPN to my home network while on the road.

If I connect using the standard Eircom PPPoE settings, the router connects successfully with the static IP address, but the route then flaps every few seconds.

I can connect using an "automatic IP" option, which is very stable, but does not use the static ip address assigned.

(Leaving the default gateway and subnet mask settings as 0.0.0.0 does not work, as the router complains of "invalid ip address".)

I also have the option to connect via static ip address, which I think would solve all the issues.

My question is how can I get my default gateway and subnet mask for my WAN connection, please?
    (Please do not talk about the LAN addresses, as this is not the issue.)

Regards,

Dan
    Hi Dan,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm afraid I can't advise on this form here. You will need to give our technical support team a ring and they'll be able to give you more information on this. Their direct number is 1890260260 or you can free phone 1901 and you should be able to get through to them.

- Adam

Advertisement