Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning Permission query

Options
  • 13-11-2017 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

I am interested in getting plans drawn up and getting permission if possible. If granted, how much time (generally) are you given to build?

Let's say I got planning permission today, could I start building in 2 years time, for example?

Early days for now, but doing my research

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

one4one wrote: »
    I am interested in getting plans drawn up and getting permission if possible. If granted, how much time (generally) are you given to build?

Let's say I got planning permission today, could I start building in 2 years time, for example?

Early days for now, but doing my research

Your planning has to be substantially complete within 5 years and 45 days. The 45 days is to allow for the bank holidays within the 5 year time frame.

Substantially complete is relative. Some say wall plate level, some say roof on.

Advertisement