Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dealing with harassment.. Need to access Whatsapp messages from broken iPhone

• 13-11-2017 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I am pursuing a harassment case against somebody. I spoke to the Kilkenny guards yesterday for the first time about it. They were very understanding but as my official address is in Wexford, they told me to go to the Wexford guards to pursue the case. They said as long as I allow access to my phone records there will be no problem. I am going back home to Wexford this week and will be talking to the guards about the harassment.

Only thing is, all the abusive messages were on whatsapp on an iPhone that broke about 2 weeks ago (water damage).
    I previously screenshotted all the messages and saved them to my computer but I don't think this is proof enough. It has to come directly from the phone.

Online it seems there are ways to retrieve messages from a broken android phone but not an iPhone.
    I will happily give my consent for garda to access the phone records, but how is this done when the phone is broken? Can they get onto whatsapp 'headquarters' and retrieve the messages?

I am worried my case will be jeopardized due to the broken phone. How will the Garda access the records!?

Help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Any time I've up graded my android phone it's re-sync the whatsapp messages maybe an I phone it the same

Advertisement