Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Millers Glen Swords Development

Options
  • 13-11-2017 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there, can anyone help me out with the following queries and their thoughts?

- Millers glen is due to have a crèche?
    - Is sky tv available in the estate?
    - concerns about social housing?
    - issues with the current build?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as we are a couple of weeks away from signing

Thanks in advance,
    David

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 firenzevenezia

We are here now nearly two years. Great estate. Our older two kids are in the Educate together & our youngest is in Appleseeds montessori next door. The Educate Together is a fantastic school, surpassing all our expectations & the kids are thriving. Many of their friends are from the estate which is a bonus. There is also an excellent Gaelscoil but it's a Catholic ethos & we are atheists so it didn't fit the bill for us unfortunately. However it is nice to have the choice, names need to go down very early for both schools.

Heard rumblings of a creche & naoinara going in but I haven't seen any plans.

All new estates have to have a certain amount of social housing that is how the developers gain planning permission to expand. It certainly wouldn't be something that would concern me, no matter what new estate you view it will need to have a percentage of houses given to the council. This is completely justified given the current national housing crisis.

We are so happy with the spec & finish of the houses, we bought a 3 bed semi, it is very spacious, comfortable & warm, so so warm...! The houses are A rated & have solar panals for the water. Our energy bills were very low last winter.

Neighbors are wonderful, there is a good mix of nationalities & we find everyone very friendly. 2 years in & we can't find fault. The prices are rising very steadily, 315k for 3 bed terrace, 335 for end terrace, 355 semi detached. Prices increase each phase, we bought for 325k & same house type is now 355k.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 alanpartridge47

Can I ask if there is any issue with noise from airplanes? I have always liked the look of this estate but I have been put off as it is so close to the airport and I believe the noise from airplanes can be unberable at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Can I ask if there is any issue with noise from airplanes? I have always liked the look of this estate but I have been put off as it is so close to the airport and I believe the noise from airplanes can be unberable at times.

No, I live nearby and we are not on any of the existing flight paths, you can hear planes taking off if the wind is blowing in the right direction, but that's quite rare and not noticeable at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 alanpartridge47

Inquitus wrote: »
    No, I live nearby and we are not on any of the existing flight paths, you can hear planes taking off if the wind is blowing in the right direction, but that's quite rare and not noticeable at all.

Thanks a million for that. Appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dreamcatcher74

Hi, just wondering if the attics are ready for conversion. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 NorthCounty 2018

Hi future neighbours, First time bought in Miller's Glen (Longview) with a move in date March/April and was wondering if anybody would possibly be able to PM the site foreman's contact details ?

Thank you

Advertisement