Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What’s the best type of holiday?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

irishman86 wrote: »
    Im a bit surprised its so close, gotta say im impressed

Well, it's probably because the poll forces and "only one" choice on people who aren't that boring! Take out "Sun", "Ski", and "Party" and I'd vote for "All of the above" and often try to combine two or three of those categories into one trip.

It depends too on what you mean by "holiday". I work away from home for weeks (or months) at a time, so in a way I do my touring/visiting/cultural immersion/events during work time. That makes time at home the time when I just chill out and relax ... and plan where I'll head off to next. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,605 ✭✭✭blue note

Well, it's probably because the poll forces and "only one" choice on people who aren't that boring! Take out "Sun", "Ski", and "Party" and I'd vote for "All of the above" and often try to combine two or three of those categories into one trip.

I felt if I allowed people to pick more than one option people would just pick just about everything. I'd love to go on any of the options I listed. But I was curious what people would say when pushed to pick just one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

It depends too on what you mean by "holiday". I work away from home for weeks (or months) at a time, so in a way I do my touring/visiting/cultural immersion/events during work time. That makes time at home the time when I just chill out and relax ... and plan where I'll head off to next. :cool:

You say the poll doesnt have a all of the above, but thats exactly what the poll is showing so in a way in the end all of the above is the answer
    Your job is clearly unique though, in general even though the workforce is becoming more mobile its still not worth adding to the poll, just know we are all a little jealous :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

branie2 wrote: »
    A mixture of sun and culture

Nude beach!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

A mixture of a few things is probably best. I like activity holidays (surfing or kayaking) that also involve lots of drinking. I've done the laze on the beach for 2 weeks holidays as well but after a few days I'm bored and end up getting pissed because there's nothing else to do. These days taking more than a week off work is difficult because of workload so most of my holidays are dedicated to long weekends for festivals or city breaks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

irishman86 wrote: »
    You say the poll doesnt have a all of the above, but thats exactly what the poll is showing so in a way in the end all of the above is the answer
    Your job is clearly unique though, in general even though the workforce is becoming more mobile its still not worth adding to the poll, just know we are all a little jealous :o

Ah don't be. Being away from home so much plays havoc with my gardening schedule. :mad: Oh, and my next stint will see my spend my days (and nights) with a busy railway on one side, a busy motorway on the the other, and a carpark between the two! :pac: (but hey, continental Christmas markets just beyond the urban sprawl! :D

But you're right: the poll shows that most people want a bit of everything, so there's no "best"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Ah don't be. Being away from home so much plays havoc with my gardening schedule. :mad: Oh, and my next stint will see my spend my days (and nights) with a busy railway on one side, a busy motorway on the the other, and a carpark between the two! :pac: (but hey, continental Christmas markets just beyond the urban sprawl! :D

But you're right: the poll shows that most people want a bit of everything, so there's no "best"

I lived the wanderer life myself but a newborn and then decision to get a degree in something ive interest in rather than what i did meant when i hit thirty i had to stop for a while.
    Hope to get back to it again :D

Advertisement