Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to connect to HP F4850 printer with new router?

Options
  • 13-11-2017 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭

Got fibre in so have a new router, any help in how to get printer linked up wirelessly as the printer is in a different room to router. TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Pic

$_86.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Are you sure it is HP F4850 not F4580 ?

Anyway,
    short answer: RTFM :cool:
    long answer: http://www.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01859574.pdf

Are you sure it is HP F4850 not F4580 ?

Anyway,
    short answer: RTFM :cool:
    long answer: http://www.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01859574.pdf

Short reply - IDHTFM:cool:
    Long reply - thanks for the link to the manual IDFH !

Nah, even reading the manual I am stuck. I've pressed the wireless button on the printer then gone to the router and pressed the WPS button on the side of it

Then what !!

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The router should be pressed first. Check the routers manual for how to put it in WPS Pairing mode. Some use a 1sec press, some a 3 sec press. Some have a WPS and Wifi button separately and some combined.

• Advertisement

Also check if WPS is enabled on the router, some allow to disable, some might have it disabled by default.
    Was it WiFi or USB connected before?
    Check link below
    4.Optional: If you previously installed the software for a USB connection and now want to change to a wireless network connection, follow these instructions to remove the USB installation before you continue.
    https://support.hp.com/ie-en/document/c02279846

Also check if WPS is enabled on the router, some allow to disable, some might have it disabled by default.
    Check link below

Sorry for the, long, delay, it was connected via a link directly to the router, a little box thing (I don't know what it is sorry)but we moved the router now so....

I have up trying to do it but am desperate to get it working now failing that I'm also on the prowl for a new printer, but this printer does work fine just don't know how to connect it.

Check link below

That link seems to link to only Windows Xp downwards, is that the one to use? I assume so as the printer wasnt released in Windows 10 era (which si what I'm using,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

vicwatson wrote: »
    That link seems to link to only Windows Xp downwards, is that the one to use? I assume so as the printer wasnt released in Windows 10 era (which si what I'm using,
    The Windows 8 instructions should be practically the same. You might need to connect to your PC with USB and provide the Wifi details through the printer software, as far as I can understand from those instructions.

• Advertisement

Thanks to all contributors, I have the printer connected wirelessly now so thanks for that. One big problem though - it's not printing anything, as in, i'm only getting blank pages out.

There is ink in both cartridges

I've cleaned the ink cartridge heads and the printer contacts

The ink arms are moving across as i can hear them it's just nothing coming out on paper

Any help?

Thanks to all contributors, I have the printer connected wirelessly now so thanks for that. One big problem though - it's not printing anything, as in, i'm only getting blank pages out.

There is ink in both cartridges

I've cleaned the ink cartridge heads and the printer contacts

The ink arms are moving across as i can hear them it's just nothing coming out on paper

Any help?
    Can you print report/configuration page from printer itself(if option available on printer menu)?
    Alternatively try "copy" feature from printer.(see manual)

If it prints - most likely driver issue on PC.
    If no - problem on printer/ink side.

Can you print report/configuration page from printer itself(if option available on printer menu)?
    Alternatively try "copy" feature from printer.(see manual)

If it prints - most likely driver issue on PC.
    If no - problem on printer/ink side.

No, it will act like its printing but nothing comes out on the page, i.e. the page goes through but no ink is applied

No, it will act like its printing but nothing comes out on the page, i.e. the page goes through but no ink is applied
    Copy function does not use any drivers from PC so it look like printer/ink problem - try new cartridges or maintenance(head cleaning, etc.) If printer was not in use for a while it could dry out.

Advertisement