Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Republic of Ireland vs Denmark, World Cup Play-Off 2nd Leg, kick-off 7.45, RTE 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The heading needs to be changed again OP.
    You have us playing ourselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

The heading needs to be changed again OP.

:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,943 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

lol, sounds like an interesting game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Ah for shite fcuk sake in a basket. Take 3

pjohnson wrote: »
    Ah for shite fcuk sake in a basket. Take 3
    At least we can't lose playing ourselves. :D:pac:

A team v B team?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

pjohnson wrote: »
    Cheers!
    You may as well leave the thread title the way it is mate. With a certain lot on here, win lose or draw tonight, it'll be Ireland v Ireland with their opinions anyway:pac: Some people are never happy.

Right. Now if anyone else want to change the flippin title just go away and make ye're own thread. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Burst that cxxt Eriksen in the first 10 mins. Set the tempo.

Burst that cxxt Eriksen in the first 10 mins. seconds Set the tempo.

FYP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Burst that cxxt Eriksen in the first 10 mins. Set the tempo.

I first read that as "Burst that cyst" spent a couple of minutes being confused and a little grossed out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Duff wrote: »
    Lads, I'm honestly more nervous now than I was getting my Leaving Cert results or when the missus whipped out a pregnancy test kit last year. We have to get it done in 90 mins and I genuinely won't be able to watch if it goes to penalties.

Unbelievably jealous of anyone going to the game, and those who are make your voices heard! I'm finished work at half 5 and heading around to a mates with 6 cans straight after. COYFBIG!

Sometimes I'm sad I'm not this passionate about the NT anymore, then I think about John Delaney and I'm okay with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Im guessing we are going to use the diamond formation. Surely we need the two up front. Im not a fan of Long but i guess we need him tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Going through that stage of optimistic giddiness

Come on!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Unearthly wrote: »

Come on!

Will have none of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Will have none of that.
    There'll be someone along to burst his bubble on here, and that's even if we qualify:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Unearthly wrote: »

Come on!

Will have none of that.
    Careful now! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

I'd a dream last night. Bendtner the plank started and got an early goal and did the sssh celebration. They went full park the bus and we roared on battering them without getting a goal. McClean's foaming at the mouth at this stage and manages to clobber one home from a tight angle on the hour. Into the last 5 mins and it seems like a fairytale ending could be on the cards. Eventhough I'm dreaming I can feel my heartbeat in real life pounding. Board goes up...4 mins. Roy Keane (???!!!) gets the ball deep and starts an attack...then my f*cking dog wakes me up as he's jumping all over my bed. I nearly caught the c*nt and threw him out the window.

Obviously hoping for the best tonight but think my dream would be a little prophetic. Think they score early, we play incredibly well, equalise but fail to get the last one. Mix of pride and anger at the final whistle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Burial. wrote: »
    I'd a dream last night. Bendtner the plank started and got an early goal and did the sssh celebration. They went full park the bus and we roared on battering them without getting a goal. McClean's foaming at the mouth at this stage and manages to clobber one home from a tight angle on the hour. Into the last 5 mins and it seems like a fairytale ending could be on the cards. Eventhough I'm dreaming I can feel my heartbeat in real life pounding. Board goes up...4 mins. Roy Keane (???!!!) gets the ball deep and starts an attack...then my f*cking dog wakes me up as he's jumping all over my bed. I nearly caught the c*nt and threw him out the window.

Obviously hoping for the best tonight but think my dream would be a little prophetic. Think they score early, we play incredibly well, equalise but fail to get the last one. Mix of pride and anger at the final whistle.

so we lost then..

top dreaming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

McLean and 1-0.

45/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Come on Ireland you can do it....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

D.Q wrote: »
    McLean and 1-0.

45/1

I don't usually see the point of betting on a game like this but worth a couple of quid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

A 0-0 draw is as short as 3/1 with some bookmakers.
    I don't think I've ever seen odds so short on a scoreless draw.

I'm going for a 0-0 victory. It will get us the point we need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Its getting real lads.

My day pretending to work but secretly watching videos of past successes has built itself up in me and an hour ago I had no fear we'd win now i'm terrified we wont. The nation will hold its breath for a few hours later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

D.Q wrote: »
    McLean and 1-0.

45/1

Stuck a fiver on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Longer to score the winner in extra time, it won't be pretty but we already know that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

If we were offered at the start of the campaign a decider in the aviva for a place in Russia we'd have taken the nuts off the lad offering it. Come on lads. You can ****ing do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Ive convinced myself that the lads are going to do it,its not going to be pretty but getting the result is all that matters tonight.

A nail biting 1 nil win for the boys in green

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

t12vc39o3yxz.jpg

• Advertisement

If this match is scoreless at 30mins it means that the last 10 hours of play-offs have been scoreless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Ive convinced myself that the lads are going to do it,its not going to be pretty but getting the result is all that matters tonight.

A nail biting 1 nil win for the boys in green

Go home your drunk :D

If we were offered at the start of the campaign a decider in the aviva for a place in Russia we'd have taken the nuts off the lad offering it. Come on lads. You can ****ing do it.

Indeed but only a win will do for us. They go through with a win or score draw.
    I still think we'll win 2 nil.

Indeed but only a win will do for us. They go through with a win or score draw.
    I still think we'll win 2 nil.

Can I have some of what you're having? :o

Tayto, I guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Meyler back in for O'Dowda. Aside from that exact same team XI as Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

23550049_1735820456436693_8071317857197387871_o.jpg?oh=09260173bad0e36ffa9b73c75f050987&oe=5AAC312C

Burial. wrote: »
    Meyler back in for O'Dowda. Aside from that exact same team XI as Saturday.

Ah fcuk. The Dunphy & Boards brigade be raging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,118 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

As predicted COYBIG

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Meyler is a big plus. Should free up Hendrick and Arter. Meyler should also track Eriksen.

Now we just need to hope Brady can put in good deliveries!

• Poor team selection, but not that surprising from MON.
    Need that luck and fighting spirit to get through this, go on the lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Murphy up front by himself again, flicking it on to no one. I think long would be better in that chasing role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I hate to say it but I think we needed to be more adventurous than this. This looks a side designed to contain rather than attack. It looks like MON is content to play for a 1-0 despite the risk that poses.

If the tactic works great, but I think the Danes will get a goal. I feel like we will be in a situation where we will be throwing on Hoolahan and Long with a half an hour to go, not just to get the breakthrough but probably to get an equaliser too.

Really hope I'm wrong and this winds up a Bosnia-esque performance but this looks like it has draw written all over it. Very nervous now.

Typical.

Go out in a must win game and pack 10 men behind the ball and let the opposition dominate possesssion and creat loads of chances while you're hoping for a set piece where either the delivery will be poor or one of the CBs will foul.

If we go out which the consensus should be based on how the game will invariably go(unless we rob them ala Germany/Wales) MoN needs to head off.

We're capable of doing more than a San Marino and just kicking the ball away cause apparently leaving two ahead of the ball is too adventerous.... sigh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So Long and Hoolahan on for the last 20 minutes if we are still in it then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

At least give it until half time before this level of giving out FFS.

They were dying to see Hoolahan left out so they could start!

That's like telling a fella being brought to a Rom Com to see is it any different.

Sorry but we've seen this story enough times you at least know how it'll go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,118 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Long, hoolahan and Mcgeady/odowda provide big impact off the bench.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Denmark bring in Poulsen and Christensen. Would be nice to have the luxury of starting two fresh Champions league level players.

Anyone who thinks anything other than extreme caution is the way to go against a vastly superior side is away with the fairies. Luckily our team is in extremely safe hands and we have shown the ability to nullify these sorts of threats.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Not happy Murphy is starting again. Just doesn't offer enough attacking threat on his lonesome up front. We're relying on a set piece again aren't we :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement