Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Searching for phone, up to €200 - "Non-removable battery", all of them? Really???

• 13-11-2017 10:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭

So, I've been looking for a phone for my other half. Android 7, SD card slot, decent camera, up to €200.

Light usage, really: phone, texting, messaging, internet, sat nav, no gaming.

After wading through countless options on Amazon, I took a closer look at four phones. Closer look meaning that I looked up the specs on gsmarena.com (Amazon is so useless in this regard). The phones are: Huawei P8 Lite, Huawei Honor 5X, HTC Desire 650, Sony Xperia L1.

ALL have a non-removable battery! Sorry, I'm not buying.

I have spent close to two hours getting this far. If any of you out there know of a phone with changeable battery that fits the bill... please, let me know!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

Carbon125 wrote: »
    So, I've been looking for a phone for my other half. Android 7, SD card slot, decent camera, up to €200.

Light usage, really: phone, texting, messaging, internet, sat nav, no gaming.

After wading through countless options on Amazon, I took a closer look at four phones. Closer look meaning that I looked up the specs on gsmarena.com (Amazon is so useless in this regard). The phones are: Huawei P8 Lite, Huawei Honor 5X, HTC Desire 650, Sony Xperia L1.

ALL have a non-removable battery! Sorry, I'm not buying.

I have spent close to two hours getting this far. If any of you out there know of a phone with changeable battery that fits the bill... please, let me know!

You should be able to get an LG V10 for close to that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭Carbon125

LG V10 is ~€300 on Amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭Carbon125

LG K8 fits the bill though... All LGs I looked at so far have removable batteries. Thanks for the pointer!

Advertisement