Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids Bike Trailer

Options
  • 13-11-2017 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭

Looking at getting a 2 kids bike trailer for using around the local parks/paths. Will use either CX or MTB - good power training...

My budget is around the €500 mark. Thule and Burley look good at that price range.
    Any other options I should consider?
    Any good websites to get them?
    Many here with experience using these bike trailers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

okane1 wrote: »
    Looking at getting a 2 kids bike trailer for using around the local parks/paths. Will use either CX or MTB - good power training...

My budget is around the €500 mark. Thule and Burley look good at that price range.
    Any other options I should consider?
    Any good websites to get them?
    Many here with experience using these bike trailers?

I use a burley bee with my twins. Fantastic trailer. The max load on the cheaper trailers can be quite low. The burley is very light but the kids aren’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭okane1

I use a burley bee with my twins. Fantastic trailer. The max load on the cheaper trailers can be quite low. The burley is very light but the kids aren’t.

Was looking an the Burley Encore, the main difference between it and the bee is suspension - in your experience would suspension be a need or a want?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

okane1 wrote: »
    Was looking an the Burley Encore, the main difference between it and the bee is suspension - in your experience would suspension be a need or a want?

Depends on price difference really but I just put thick blankets for my two to sit on and don’t run the tyres at too high a pressure. I regularly have them in it for up to 90 minutes and they have their nap

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

In my experience its a must even for the road, not to mention trails. I have a chariot corsaire as the main means of transporting my boys (5+2.5yo) around. On the other hand it is super stable and great fun offroad :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

bike trailers are brilliant! you'll find you get much more space from overtaking cars too :)
    i have a croozer kid for 1, which would be slightly outside the €500 range (and too small anyway!) but converts to a stroller and jogger. cycle superstore do them, as does a place in stillorgan.
    however it's a bit annoying that the jogger wheel doesn't fit in the storage space so when for example i cycle to the park for the parkrun i have to lash the jogger wheel on top with bungee cords.

i don't have suspension on mine but only ever really have it on reasonable enough roads and in the park. that said, if we ever had a second child I'd prob get suspension on a 2 child trailer and would probably go for a chariot as they do seem to be that bit better again than the croozer.

even though ours cost around €650 with various accessories etc we've definitely found it to be value for money and our boy loves it too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Cathalu

I have a Burley Bee. I was looking at more expensive ones until this came up cheap and unused from a guy near me. Don’t know why you’d go more expensive now. We use it for about 20-30km almost every day. Use it on roads, trails, everywhere. Don’t think you’d go far wrong.

Advertisement