Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas for a build for low ventilation area

Options
  • 13-11-2017 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm looking for ideas for a build for my partner. I have a basic idea of what I would want for her(she doesn't really know much about computers). I was thinking Ryzen 3 1300x or Ryzen 5 1600 depending on cost of everything else. Then a GTX 1060, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD, and 2x 4TB HDDs (these will be mirrored).

Of course the specs above are open to suggestions. Reason for having options for the CPU is because I really have no idea how much parts are at the moment and would also like to ask you guys where you would get PC parts if you were to buy. Budget isn't unlimited, but as this is a plan, there isn't really a set budget yet.

The main one that I would like suggestions for would be regarding cooling. In her room, there's very little space for anything. The case would have to be a mid tower at the largest. The other thing is, the space that she would have the PC in would most likely have to be a corner of the room. So ventilation may not be great. Any suggestions regarding this? Water cooling is not really something that I would try out myself despite having built my own PCs, just because I don't think she would know what to do in case anything happens to it in her possession. Also, being quiet is a preference, but I believe that the ventilation issue would already force the build to have little to no fan power so that should be achieved.

I would be building it myself and I wouldn't mind going through whatever payment method, however, Paypal would be ideal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Case: Be Quiet! Pure Base 600

Add additional Noctua or Be Quiet! brand fans.
    For thermals, it's simply important not to have anything blocking the intake & exhaust areas.

Advertisement