Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir can't give me the details of the New Plan they want to switch me to.

Options
  • 14-11-2017 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Got the usual letter from Eir on October 18th, telling me about the monthly charge for my plan increasing by 5.48 Euro. Except that they also said that they were 'retiring' my plan ... and moving me to a 'new' plan (Eir talk unlimited Mobile & UK). No details of plan supplied. No details available on Eir site either.  So, I contacted the 1800 number provided and asked for details of this 'new' plan. They were unable to find them or direct me to anywhere I could find them. They suggested I call 1901 for support. Did that .... they were unable to direct me to anywhere I might see the details of the 'new' plan. Offered to photocopy them and 'mail' them to me. Never happened. Called back ten days later and went through the request again with a different agent (on 1901). Promised to email the details to me immediately. Never happened. I have been given a date of Nov 20th to decide on this plan or cancel my service. I have never experienced worse service anywhere. Have been a customer for 25 years). But not for much longer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Claggan wrote: »
    Got the usual letter from Eir on October 18th, telling me about the monthly charge for my plan increasing by 5.48 Euro. Except that they also said that they were 'retiring' my plan ... and moving me to a 'new' plan (Eir talk unlimited Mobile & UK). No details of plan supplied. No details available on Eir site either.  So, I contacted the 1800 number provided and asked for details of this 'new' plan. They were unable to find them or direct me to anywhere I could find them. They suggested I call 1901 for support. Did that .... they were unable to direct me to anywhere I might see the details of the 'new' plan. Offered to photocopy them and 'mail' them to me. Never happened. Called back ten days later and went through the request again with a different agent (on 1901). Promised to email the details to me immediately. Never happened. I have been given a date of Nov 20th to decide on this plan or cancel my service. I have never experienced worse service anywhere. Have been a customer for 25 years). But not for much longer.
    Hi Claggan, 

Thanks for contacting us. 

This plan gives you unlimited calls to Irish and UK landlines and mobiles. If you click on this link you'll be able to view it  - https://www.eir.ie/phone/

Apologies for the delays in getting this information and all inconvenience caused. 

Thanks

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MMeepington

Stay away from Eir. They messed me around for ages. I spent nearly 6 hours on the phone and they had me drive miles to the nearest Eir shop and still couldn't fix the problem. This was only 2 weeks ago......useless

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Claggan

Hi Claggan, 

This plan gives you unlimited calls to Irish and UK landlines and mobiles. If you click on this link you'll be able to view it  - https://www.eir.ie/phone/

Apologies for the delays in getting this information and all inconvenience caused. 

Thanks

Tracey 
    Thank you ..... but that provides me with  ....
    • "Unlimited calls to Irish and UK landlines & mobiles"
    • A nine word description of a plan .... with absolutely no details or fine print of the plan ....
    • For instance - nowhere does it say how long a phone call can be (just one example).
    • And, in this day of 'Unlimited' not exactly meaning 'unlimited' ... I don't want to be contesting such points after signing up.
    • Before I sign up to anything (especially since it is Eir who have precipitated this need to change) I want to see the fine print too ... 
    • I am simply executing the 'buyer beware' policy.
    • The complete details of all available plans used to be available on the website.
    • It is not satisfactory to have them read out to me over the phone. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hi Claggan, 

Thanks

Tracey 
    • A nine word description of a plan .... with absolutely no details or fine print of the plan ....
    • For instance - nowhere does it say how long a phone call can be (just one example).
    • And, in this day of 'Unlimited' not exactly meaning 'unlimited' ... I don't want to be contesting such points after signing up.
    • Before I sign up to anything (especially since it is Eir who have precipitated this need to change) I want to see the fine print too ... 
    • The complete details of all available plans used to be available on the website.

[*]
    You can view the terms & conditions of our call plans on the below link. You'll be able to see exactly what's included in your plan here.

https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/sites/default/.content/pdf/pricing/Pt2.3.2.pdf

- Adam

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi Claggan, 

Thanks

Tracey 

[*]
    You can view the terms & conditions of our call plans on the below link. You'll be able to see exactly what's included in your plan here.

https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/sites/default/.content/pdf/pricing/Pt2.3.2.pdf

- Adam
    [*]
    Thank you  Adam .... finally some information ... after one full month of email and phone requests ... and about ten hours of my time .... surely this information should be easily accessible in the Eir website. And it should be linked to all plan offers.

• Advertisement

Hi Claggan, 

Thanks

Tracey 

[*]

- Adam

[*]
    Thank you  Adam .... finally some information ... after one full month of email and phone requests ... and about ten hours of my time .... surely this information should be easily accessible in the Eir website. And it should be linked to all plan offers.
    [*]
    No problem. I have passed your feedback about this on to the relevant department and it will be looked into internally.

- Adam

So I finally was switched over to my new plan ... and Adam was kind enough to send me a link to the terms of the new plan ... now I check My Eir and the following shows up ... I have added the plan minutes on the right side of the table .... My Eir minutes are just a little more than half of the minutes I signed up for .. can anyone explain that ???
    ** and the plan totally excludes Canada and USA mobiles .....

·         [font=Arial, sans-serif]eir Talk Unlimited National, Mobile & International[/font]
    [font=inherit, serif] [/font]
    [font=inherit, serif]My Eir                         Plan[/font]
    ·         [font=inherit, serif]Unlimted calls to Irish Mobiles                                                              [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]0 / 836 mins              1000[/font]
    ·         [font=inherit, serif]Unlimted calls to UK Landlines                                                             [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]0 / 836 mins              1500[/font]
    ·         [font=inherit, serif]Unlimted calls to UK Mobiles                                                                [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]0 / 558 mins              1000[/font]
    ·         [font=inherit, serif]Unlimted calls to International Mobile - Bands 1a, 2a, 3a & 7a            [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]0 / 558 mins              1000[/font]

·         [font=inherit, serif]Unlimted calls to International Landlines - Bands 1,2,3,4, 5 and 7       [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]0 / 836 mins              1500[/font]

So I finally was switched over to my new plan ... and Adam was kind enough to send me a link to the terms of the new plan ... now I check My Eir and the following shows up ... I have added the plan minutes on the right side of the table .... My Eir minutes are just a little more than half of the minutes I signed up for .. can anyone explain that ???

·         [font=Arial, sans-serif]eir Talk Unlimited National, Mobile & International[/font]
    ·         [font=inherit, serif]Unlimted calls to Irish Mobiles                                                              [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]0 / 836 mins              1000[/font]
    ·         [font=inherit, serif]Unlimted calls to UK Landlines                                                             [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]0 / 836 mins              1500[/font]
    ·         [font=inherit, serif]Unlimted calls to UK Mobiles                                                                [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]0 / 558 mins              1000[/font]
    ·         [font=inherit, serif]Unlimted calls to International Mobile - Bands 1a, 2a, 3a & 7a            [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]0 / 558 mins              1000[/font]

·         [font=inherit, serif]Unlimted calls to International Landlines - Bands 1,2,3,4, 5 and 7       [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]0 / 836 mins              1500[/font]
    If your services went active in between billing dates you won't receive a full monthly allowance. When your first bill is issued this will be reset and you'll receive the full allowance.

- Adam

If your services went active in between billing dates you won't receive a full monthly allowance. When your first bill is issued this will be reset and you'll receive the full allowance.

- Adam

- Adam
    Thanks ... I will check to see if my billing date (now monthly it seems) changes.

• Advertisement

- Adam
    Thanks ... I will check to see if my billing date (now monthly it seems) changes.
    No problem. Let me know if there are any issues.

- Adam

Advertisement