If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query - 40 - 50 inch 4K TV for gaming

Options
  • 13-11-2017 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Howdy lads,
    Sorry to hijack the thread but I've bought an Xbox one x and now need the 4k tv to go with it. Nothing too massive as I'm just using this tv for gaming. Maybe between 40 and 50 inch. Budget around 1000/1200. Any recommendations? Would like all the boxes to be ticked on the Xbox one x, such as HDR / 10 bit and 60hz.

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Hi robertbobert,

I've given your query a separate thread - while the query is very similar to the topic of the thread where it was posted, both queries are "advice and quote" rather than a straightforward price issue and the other thread is well developed as a discussion between the OP and RS - building separate discussions of this kind with two posters in the same thread is not easy to manage and is likely to cause confusion

A new thread for your query is almost always preferred, makes it easier for RS to deal with queries and avoids confusion,

Cheers,

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 robertbobert

The Ritz wrote: »
    Mid Comment

Hi robertbobert,

I've given your query a separate thread - while the query is very similar to the topic of the thread where it was posted, both queries are "advice and quote" rather than a straightforward price issue and the other thread is well developed as a discussion between the OP and RS - building separate discussions of this kind with two posters in the same thread is not easy to manage and is likely to cause confusion

A new thread for your query is almost always preferred, makes it easier for RS to deal with queries and avoids confusion,

Cheers,

Ritz.

Thanks for doing that. Sorry for confusing things. I'd like to add that 1200 would be my max but obviously if I can get a great tv for less that would be even better.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Howdy lads,
    Sorry to hijack the thread but I've bought an Xbox one x and now need the 4k tv to go with it. Nothing too massive as I'm just using this tv for gaming. Maybe between 40 and 50 inch. Budget around 1000/1200. Any recommendations? Would like all the boxes to be ticked on the Xbox one x, such as HDR / 10 bit and 60hz.

Cheers
    Hi Robertbobert.

Thanks for the post.

To get a full 10 bit panel you have to start at the Samsung UE49Mu7000 priced at £799 or 1039.00 Euro
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202582-ue49mu7000.aspx#tabSpecifications-tab

Most other screens are 8 bit + FRC.
    8 bit screens reproduce 16.8 million colours. 10 bit screens vastly increase the colour count to 1 billion colours. FRC (Frame Rate Control) uses cyclic algorithms to offer 10 bit performance from an 8 bit panel.

Let me know your thoughts.

Hi Robertbobert.

Thanks for the post.

To get a full 10 bit panel you have to start at the Samsung UE49Mu7000 priced at £799 or 1039.00 Euro

8 bit screens reproduce 16.8 million colours. 10 bit screens vastly increase the colour count to 1 billion colours. FRC (Frame Rate Control) uses cyclic algorithms to offer 10 bit performance from an 8 bit panel.

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for the info. Looks like a great tv. Do you think there will be reductions in these sort of models on black Friday? Are 10 bit tv's available in 43" models?

Hi Robertbobert.

Thanks for the post.

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for the info. Looks like a great tv. Do you think there will be reductions in these sort of models on black Friday? Are 10 bit tv's available in 43" models?
    Hi Robertbobert.

Unfortunately we do not get told our Black Friday pricing until the evening before.

We are offering a price promise at the moment where if you make a purchase and the price drops on Black Friday you can give us a call and we will refund back the difference.

I'm not 100% sure on smaller than 49". I would need to have a check over some and get back to you. I do know that the MU7000 is not produced in a smaller size.

• Advertisement

Hi Robertbobert.

Unfortunately we do not get told our Black Friday pricing until the evening before.

We are offering a price promise at the moment where if you make a purchase and the price drops on Black Friday you can give us a call and we will refund back the difference.

I'm not 100% sure on smaller than 49". I would need to have a check over some and get back to you. I do know that the MU7000 is not produced in a smaller size.

Thanks buddy. I just posted in another thread about OLED prices, I think I might push the extra bit and go for one of them if there's any black Friday movement on them.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

...there may be OLED movement for BF ;)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Top man cheers. Keep me in the loop

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Top man cheers. Keep me in the loop
    No problem!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.