Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing broadband from virgin to Eir

Options
  • 14-11-2017 2:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

Hi Eir,i've just got another email from virgin increasing my Virgin broadband to €55 per month for 240mb.At the moment i also pay €25 for eir sports/bt sports through my skybox.I'm also going to purchase a new iphone 8 plus as my current contract is up through vodafone.

I see on your site a offer of a new iphone 8 plus,broadband 100mb for a price of €395 initial payment and then €60 per month for that package.I've just a few questions regarding this.

I see that in my area(finglas,dublin) it has my speed set at 30mb.How reliable is this with 4 people living here and on phones,ipads and on demand tv will this be ok with no dropouts.I currrently only get about 20mbs speed over wifi with virgin but never have a problem with 4 devices on the go.

How quickly after order is setup and delivery of the phone?

Do i just ring up eir and cancel my eirsports/bt subscription through my skybox or is it done automatically if i sign up to you.Also where do i go to to give my sky viewing card number.Thanks for any help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

ben36 wrote: »
    Hi Eir,i've just got another email from virgin increasing my Virgin broadband to €55 per month for 240mb.At the moment i also pay €25 for eir sports/bt sports through my skybox.I'm also going to purchase a new iphone 8 plus as my current contract is up through vodafone.

I see on your site a offer of a new iphone 8 plus,broadband 100mb for a price of €395 initial payment and then €60 per month for that package.I've just a few questions regarding this.

I see that in my area(finglas,dublin) it has my speed set at 30mb.How reliable is this with 4 people living here and on phones,ipads and on demand tv will this be ok with no dropouts.I currrently only get about 20mbs speed over wifi with virgin but never have a problem with 4 devices on the go.

Do i just ring up eir and cancel my eirsports/bt subscription through my skybox or is it done automatically if i sign up to you.Also where do i go to to give my sky viewing card number.Thanks for any help
    Hi ben36,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. Glad to hear you're thinking of moving your services over to us :) 

You won't be guaranteed the full 30mb speeds as this is the maximum speed that we can provide you with at your home. I'd recommend placing an order for this anyway as you get a 14-day cooling off period when your services go live with us. If you're not happy with the speeds within this cooling off period you're in your rights to close your account without early cancellation charges occurring. Our fibre broadband speeds are generally very good. 

It usually takes about 10 working days to receive the phone, this can be slightly less or slightly longer depending on the availability of the device when you place your order, however, it shouldn't differ from this too much. 

You will need to give our eir Sport team a ring on 0818203040 to cancel this service. When you have broadband and eir Vision with us, you can give your Sky viewing card number to us online here: https://www.eirsport.ie/ you can also give it to our eir Sport department if you give them a call.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭ben36

eir: Adam wrote: »

Hi ben36,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. Glad to hear you're thinking of moving your services over to us :) 

You won't be guaranteed the full 30mb speeds as this is the maximum speed that we can provide you with at your home. I'd recommend placing an order for this anyway as you get a 14-day cooling off period when your services go live with us. If you're not happy with the speeds within this cooling off period you're in your rights to close your account without early cancellation charges occurring. Our fibre broadband speeds are generally very good. 

It usually takes about 10 working days to receive the phone, this can be slightly less or slightly longer depending on the availability of the device when you place your order, however, it shouldn't differ from this too much. 

You will need to give our eir Sport team a ring on 0818203040 to cancel this service. When you have broadband and eir Vision with us, you can give your Sky viewing card number to us online here: https://www.eirsport.ie/ you can also give it to our eir Sport department if you give them a call.

- Adam
    Does getting free eir/bt sports require getting broadband and tv off you?i thought you only required to get broadband to receive free eir sports?

Also is there a way to add a second iphone 8 in a offer as my wife looks to be interested in a new phone too?I can't see a way to do this on the eir site.Thanks for all the help!!

Also is there a way to add a second iphone 8 in a offer as my wife looks to be interested in a new phone too?I can't see a way to do this on the eir site.Thanks for all the help!!
    You do only need broadband to avail of free eir Sport so you don't need to order eir Vision if you don't want it. 

Our sales team will be able to look into the possibility of adding a second iPhone 8 to your account.

- adam

Hi Eir,i bought this package last Thursday 16/11,iphone 8 plus and broadband/mobile package.I then uploaded my passport and bill as required.Heard nothing since not even a acknowledgement of documents received.So on Monday afternoon i went onto your live chat and was advised to ring you and after doing so i was then advised to email you at eirbillpayonline which i did.I finally got confirmation yesterday evening with a welcome to Eir email but no date for installation of broadband and nothing at all about the new phone.In the email it also states i paid no upfront and once off payments but i have paid €350.

• Advertisement

Hi Eir,i bought this package last Thursday 16/11,iphone 8 plus and broadband/mobile package.I then uploaded my passport and bill as required.Heard nothing since not even a acknowledgement of documents received.So on Monday afternoon i went onto your live chat and was advised to ring you and after doing so i was then advised to email you at eirbillpayonline which i did.I finally got confirmation yesterday evening with a welcome to Eir email but no date for installation of broadband and nothing at all about the new phone.In the email it also states i paid no upfront and once off payments but i have paid €350.
    Hi ben36,

Thanks for getting back in touch and letting us know. Does your email contain your account number? if so, can you send it to me, along with your full name, in a PM please?

- Adam

Hi ben36,

Thanks for getting back in touch and letting us know. Does your email contain your account number? if so, can you send it to me, along with your full name, in a PM please?

- Adam
    Hi Adam,yeah the email contained the account number.Anyway doesnt matter now as they emailed me now this afternoon with a installation date and the phone is on the way.Thanks for all the help.

Hi ben36,

- Adam
    Hi Adam,yeah the email contained the account number.Anyway doesnt matter now as they emailed me now this afternoon with a installation date and the phone is on the way.Thanks for all the help.
    No worries, glad to hear this is sorted :)

- Adam

Hi Adam,it's been two weeks since i received the phone,a iphone 8 instead of the iphone 8 plus that i ordered.After a couple of phone calls i then received the jiffy bag to send back the phone to you and get the 8 plus that i ordered.After a few calls and been bounced around from department to department of eir and a couple of hours at that they have come to the conclusion that i must wait for my landline to be working so that they can send out the right mobile phone to me.I've had my broadband installed since last Thursday but no landline works.I've been told each day it will be working the next but a week later it's still not working!!

Just a few questions.Why do i have to wait till the landline is working before they can change the mobile?When i rang originally a couple of weeks ago when i received the wrong phone they had said i ordered the 8 and not the 8 plus.I know this was wrong as i was charged the €349 opposed to €249 but i have no email receipt of anything i bought.Tbh i think you mixed up my order as i had signed up to a 24 month contract but a couple of weeks they emailed me saying the contract is 18 months and different pricing to the one i signed up too including a once off and upfront payment of €0 when i paid €349.It's either a mix up or they are sending out the cheaper version of the phone in the hope you can't be bothered ringing back up.

It's been 3 weeks since i signed up and i'm sitting here with no phone and i presume i'm been charged for it as my contract has started.I have no mobile at all as my previous phone cant pick up a network hence me signing up for a new phone to you.Can you please help me asap as i feel i'm getting nowhere on the phone to eir and i'm being thrown from pillar to post with them and i don't have the time to be spending another hour on the phone to them explaining all over again what the problem is.Thank you!!

Hi Adam,it's been two weeks since i received the phone,a iphone 8 instead of the iphone 8 plus that i ordered.After a couple of phone calls i then received the jiffy bag to send back the phone to you and get the 8 plus that i ordered.After a few calls and been bounced around from department to department of eir and a couple of hours at that they have come to the conclusion that i must wait for my landline to be working so that they can send out the right mobile phone to me.I've had my broadband installed since last Thursday but no landline works.I've been told each day it will be working the next but a week later it's still not working!!

Just a few questions.Why do i have to wait till the landline is working before they can change the mobile?When i rang originally a couple of weeks ago when i received the wrong phone they had said i ordered the 8 and not the 8 plus.I know this was wrong as i was charged the €349 opposed to €249 but i have no email receipt of anything i bought.Tbh i think you mixed up my order as i had signed up to a 24 month contract but a couple of weeks they emailed me saying the contract is 18 months and different pricing to the one i signed up too including a once off and upfront payment of €0 when i paid €349.It's either a mix up or they are sending out the cheaper version of the phone in the hope you can't be bothered ringing back up.

It's been 3 weeks since i signed up and i'm sitting here with no phone and i presume i'm been charged for it as my contract has started.I have no mobile at all as my previous phone cant pick up a network hence me signing up for a new phone to you.Can you please help me asap as i feel i'm getting nowhere on the phone to eir and i'm being thrown from pillar to post with them and i don't have the time to be spending another hour on the phone to them explaining all over again what the problem is.Thank you!!
    Hi ben36,

Thanks for getting back in touch and letting me know about the issues you're experiencing. If you PM me your account number and full name I'll check on these queries for you.

- Adam

• Advertisement
Advertisement