Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Streets - Olympia Theatre

Options
  • 14-11-2017 8:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭

Two dates announced for The Streets on the 16th and 17th of April 2018.

Hopefully be able to get tickets for this. Demand should be high.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,713 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Would demand be big? Never thought they were big over here really, especially for two Olympia dates

I'll def go

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭aj89

Saw them back in 2011. Absolutely great show.

Unfortunately I have already booked a week away next April and I'll miss the two dates!!

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

callaway92 wrote: »
    Would demand be big? Never thought they were big over here really, especially for two Olympia dates

I'll def go
    It's a greatest hits tour so it will be song heavy from Original Pirate Material and AGDOCFF I'm guessing. As lauded as both albums were back then I'd even say they're more appreciated now. Added in the retro revival that's floating around I'd say demand will be high.

Will be on Ticketmaster at 9 this morning anyway, hopefully get tickets for the Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭DermoMIO

Tickets aren’t on the mobile app luckily brought the laptop in with me as back up. Then the website kept crashing on checkout for Monday’s gig ended up getting Tuesday standing. Fair to say Ticketmaster made a balls of the release

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Had no problems (as always) with the app, two tickets when & where I wanted. I haven't missed any tickets I've tried for with it yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

still tuesday standing there, 58 euro ill pass thanks

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

but1er wrote: »
    still tuesday standing there, 58 euro ill pass thanks

Oh really , Probably would have gotten a ticket if it was about 35-40 max but hopefully ill wait to catch them at a festival next year

looks as if i've exaggerated the popularity of Mike over here as there is still tickets available for this gig. All gigs in England plus the ones in Berlin and Amsterdam sold out rather quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

looks as if i've exaggerated the popularity of Mike over here as there is still tickets available for this gig. All gigs in England plus the ones in Berlin and Amsterdam sold out rather quickly
    I'd say a few from england will call over. Killer its on a monday tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I didn't even know they had gone onsale yet until reading this thread today, only announced on Monday so very quick turn around.
    also, with loads of gigs announced recently, i'd say a lot of people have dished out quite a bit to ticketmaster in the last 2 months, so €62 after fees is a bit much for some people at the moment.
    I'd imagine both dates will sell out though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I didn't even know they had gone onsale yet until reading this thread today, only announced on Monday so very quick turn around.
    also, with loads of gigs announced recently, i'd say a lot of people have dished out quite a bit to ticketmaster in the last 2 months, so €62 after fees is a bit much for some people at the moment.
    I'd imagine both dates will sell out though.

The announcement I saw on Monday said general sale was Friday at 9am but it seems the onsale was this morning at 9am.
    I dont understand the rush ?
    Its almost like they dont want people to know about it .

They seem to have some strange restriction on the Dublin tickets
    "Name on card used to purchase ticket must match the name on the ticket. - Cardholder must attend on the night of the show"

The name on the card is obviously going to be the name on the ticket .
    Seems like some token gesture and isnt needed as they have overstimated demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭selassie

Alright gig, was in the circle atmosphere was decent how was standing? Encore was great.

Going tonight, reports from last night all seem postive

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I've 2 tickets in row C of the Circle for this tonight if anyone is looking ,less than face value
    https://www.adverts.ie/concerts-festivals/the-streets-tue-apr-17th/15233660?notification=e379c600630cdc2d9063a5aafeddf4c0-1523965681

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Just noticed this now, I thought the streets were no more.

Computers and Blues was a great album to go out on, are there plans for something new this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Top gig. Delighted I went. For pure hits alone. Mike clearly enjoying himself and clearly enjoying the stage again. Backing band were very good, surprise cover of the arctic monkeys was an unexpected bonus. I'm very, very glad I got to see this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 hiphophead2003

Well, how'd it go? I missed out on both nights. Was it good?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Would love to see them pop up at EP but they dont seem to be doing any festivals this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Fantastic gig last night the place was heaving

Advertisement