Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin 735XT won't switch on

Options
  • 14-11-2017 9:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭

Hi all, Just wondering if any of you might be able to help. Have had my Garmin 735XT for under a year. Brilliant watch, use it everday and for a good few triathlons over the summer. My last few runs the watch has said 'Heart rate battery low' which I presume is the battery in my heart rate strap?

This morning my watch won't turn on. It's just buzzing. I've tried connecting it to the computer, charging it etc and nothing will turn it on. Does anyone know what might be wrong? Is it the battery in the watch that's gone? Also, I expected the battery in the heart rate strap to last a bit longer? i probably only use the strap for cycles and run three times a week maximum.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

it was warning you about the battery in the heart rate strap, i usually have to change 2 to 3 times a year.

on the watch, google hard reset and give that a go. but if you have it under a year, you still have full warranty, just replace it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

mossym wrote: »
    it was warning you about the battery in the heart rate strap, i usually have to change 2 to 3 times a year.

on the watch, google hard reset and give that a go. but if you have it under a year, you still have full warranty, just replace it

Yep, will bring back to the shop this evening as tried the hard reset and didn't work.

I didn't even realise there was a battery in the heart rate strap until it flashed on the watch!!

They sent it back to Garmin to repair so I am without my watch for up to 11 days :eek: Having serious withdrawal symptoms.
    I went for a swim last night and a run this morning and have no clue how far/fast I ran or swam. I had forgotten how reliant I had become on my watch!!

yeah, i know that feeling, just had my 920 back at garmin as the buttons literally fell off. not too bad, 2 years old, 2 ironmans, training almost every day, out of warranty and shipped it back, paid 65 an got an as new reconditioned unit as a replacement. can't complain about that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

How did you find dealing with Garmin? Through email or you ring them? I've been onto them about problems with my fenix3 but it's taking ages to get any replies from them.

• Advertisement

i posted a pic and a comment on twitter mentioing them and they contacted me!!

shout out to gotta run as well, they backed my statement that it was bought from authorized seller too

yeah, i know that feeling, just had my 920 back at garmin as the buttons literally fell off. not too bad, 2 years old, 2 ironmans, training almost every day, out of warranty and shipped it back, paid 65 an got an as new reconditioned unit as a replacement. can't complain about that

I don't know much about warranty etc and I didn't get out any special insurance on the watch. Am I entitled to a new watch as I only brought in January? The shop didn't mention any of this to me they just said it would have to be sent to Garmin for repair? I literally can't cope without my watch!

I brought a wetsuit in Bace2Race in May and the zip was banjaxed after only a few months and they gave me a new wetsuit. Should it have been the same with the watch?

Advertisement