Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solicitor Recommendation - Gweedore Area

Options
  • 14-11-2017 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi, am looking for a solicitor in the area of Gweedore (appreciate unlikely to be any in Gweedore) to assist on a house purchase. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Had a quick search through the archives and didn't see much on this recently.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,082 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Not my area of the county but for a wider choice you may need to look at Letterkenny or some of the other larger towns. There are a couple of legal firms in Dungloe so maybe someone might be able to recommend one of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 LunAtlFringe

I saw there were a few in Dungloe and Falcarragh, and plenty over in LK, just haven't been able to find any reviews or feedback on any of them. Will try the pub / word of mouth I suppose and if that fails then just stick a pin in one and try them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,082 ✭✭✭✭muffler

To be brutally honest there really isnt a whole lot of difference between them apart from the fees. For every 2 - 3 good stories you hear about a solicitor you'll hear a bad one also.

As they are all required to furnish estimates in advance I would suggest ringing round and getting 3 or 4 written estimates before making a decision. Of course the estimates are based on a straight forward dealing so if a little hiccup or snag cropped up then you would really suffer then ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 LunAtlFringe

Thanks! that sounds like a good plan

Advertisement