Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New card arrived without contactless option

Options
  • 14-11-2017 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

Yesterday I got my new card (to my old address, but hopefully this has been amended by now) and just realised it doesn't have any contactless symbol in the front.

I haven't activated it yet since I want to figure out if it has the option of tapping it. 

This new card is a replacement of my old and almost expired card (that doesn't possess tapping either because it's too old). 

Do I need to request a new contactless card? I thought this was the default for new cards issued. 

Or will the new one work by tapping it?

I hope you can help me,

Alexandra

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi laflacaale21,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.

As it was a replacement card you would get the same card issued as the one previous.

You can of course apply to get a contactless card by submitting your request through the online service desk by selecting "ask a question".

There shouldn't be any charge for this as you are changing the card type.

In the meantime while you wait for your contactless card you can use the current one.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Kareana

• Registered Users Posts: 5 laflacaale21

Hi Kareana,

Thanks for your prompt response.

I will try that then.

Thanks,

Alexandra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi laflacaale21,

You're very welcome.

Just let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Have a good day.

Thanks,

Kareana

Advertisement