Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Canal fishing gone to the dogs

• 14-11-2017 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

God ole mighty
    I went up to Robertstown yesterday for a spot of predator fishing and caught nothing but a cold, i know its techically winter but i left out a dead bait with my rod in sight and also went walking along the bank with a couple of lures trying to bring the pike out of its hinding hole. There was nothing happening, i went back to the dead bait and nothing !not even a minnow! What has happen't to all the pike.
    Im hoping we can start a fresh thread and maybe get a convetstation going about repleshing fish stocks and preserve our canals
    Tight lines

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

darrens13 wrote: »
    God ole mighty
    I went up to Robertstown yesterday for a spot of predator fishing and caught nothing but a cold, i know its techically winter but i left out a dead bait and also went walking along the bank with a couple of lures trying to bring the pike out of its hinding hole. There was nothing happening, i went back to the dead bait and nothing !not even a minnow! What has happen't to all the pike.
    Im hoping we can start a fresh thread and maybe get a convetstation going about repleshing fish stocks and preserve our canals
    Tight lines

Not to start a row or anything, but leaving a rod unattended is an offence. Going for a walk while leaving a dead bait out is not only illegal, it's immoral - by the time you get back to the rod a fish could have the bait well down and be very deep hooked. If you care about the welfare of fish you wouldn't do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 darrens13

Zzippy wrote: »
    Not to start a row or anything, but leaving a rod unattended is an offence. Going for a walk while leaving a dead bait out is not only illegal, it's immoral - by the time you get back to the rod a fish could have the bait well down and be very deep hooked. If you care about the welfare of fish you wouldn't do that.

My rod was never out of my sight. I never stated how far i walked along the bank, which wasn't to far. i was just making the piont that there are no fish, but piont well taken the fishs welfare is my concern...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Theres a few jacks there but nothing special, it got hammered by poachers, if i was fishing the canals id go wobbling a roach. cover way more ground alto i still think the weed hasnt died off yet fully

Advertisement