Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refugee Family Reunification

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

baylah17 wrote: »
    Would rather they just blew themselves up in the desert.

Disgusting!

Better than them doing in the Point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Why do put the word refugees in inverted commas?

Because they're not refugees. They're economic migrants coming to leech the system. They lost the right to refugee status when they passed through several safe Countries to get to Europe. Plus the bulk aren't even from Syria now. They're from Africa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Even when the war is declared "finished"... we will continue to receive refugees from there. There will continue to be internal conflict, mopping up efforts for rebels, economic/social problems, disease, etc for years afterward.

So, the war being effectively over is not going to change things much.
    How can there be refugees if there's no war?

JohnMc1 wrote: »

Because they're not refugees. They're economic migrants coming to leech the system. They lost the right to refugee status when they passed through several safe Countries to get to Europe. Plus the bulk aren't even from Syria now. They're from Africa.

Why does this continually need to be stressed ??? It's obvious!!!

Same as the "vulnerable children" who arrived in the UK and were clearly 36 if they were a day.

Same as the "vulnerable children" who arrived in the UK and were clearly 36 if they were a day.

Because the Liberal Media loves to muddy the waters and pander to emotions. "People aren't buying our bull**** anymore? Just put that photo of that boy lying face down in the water again."

And ofcourse if that doesn't work they'll fall to desperate attacks to label people "Racist","Islamaphobic", "Nazis",etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭Odhinn

...generalisations, stereotyping and lazy zenophobia.

No war where...?

Odhinn wrote: »
    ...generalisations, stereotyping and lazy zenophobia.

I rest my case about Liberals resorting to name calling when they can't defend their stances Your Honor.

Because the Liberal Media loves to muddy the waters and pander to emotions. "People aren't buying our bull**** anymore? Just put that photo of that boy lying face down in the water again."

And ofcourse if that doesn't work they'll fall to desperate attacks to label people "Racist","Islamaphobic", "Nazis",etc.

You forgot xenophobia!!

I asked someone after the photo of the kid was everywhere "You don't think that if ISIS knew that one kid's death would open up Europe to them en masse that they wouldn't use that?"

I got called all the heartless bitches going but no one answered the question or even thought about it. Propaganda is everywhere. Some people just fall for it.

I rest my case about Liberals resorting to name calling when they can't defend their stances Your Honor.

what names did I call you?

• Advertisement

You forgot xenophobia!!

I asked someone after the photo of the kid was everywhere "You don't think that if ISIS knew that one kid's death would open up Europe to them en masse that they wouldn't use that?"

I got called all the heartless bitches going but no one answered the question or even thought about it. Propaganda is everywhere. Some people just fall for it.

That's all Liberals are good for. Knee jerk Emotional Outbursts. They claim to be educated and experts on critical thinking but they resort "You want babies to die" [while ironically supporting abortion] when they can't defend their polices with any facts.

That's all Liberals are good for. Knee jerk Emotional Outbursts. They claim to be educated and experts on critical thinking but they resort "You want babies to die" [while ironically supporting abortion] when they can't defend their polices with any facts.

So you're one of the anti-abortion but ok with people drowning in the med brigade?

So you're one of the anti-abortion but ok with people drowning in the med brigade?

I rest my case on Liberals resorting to Knee Jerk Emotional Outburts Your Honor.

You Liberals claim that we need more Darwinism in this World.

I rest my case on Liberals resorting to Knee Jerk Emotional Outburts Your Honor.

Nothing to say on the topic at all?

Refugees can come from conflict. And conflict will not simply stop because the war is finished. To think otherwise is to repeat the mistakes of Iraq. There is no guarantee that the country will be managed properly once the conventional war is finished, and the "insurgency" continues.

I don't want more refugees coming to Europe. Honestly, I far prefer aid at, or near the source. But I do prefer to be realistic about the situation. The refugees will continue to come from these regions long after the war itself has ended, and they will retain 'refugee status' due to the conflict that is almost certainly going to continue there.

You Liberals claim that we need more Darwinism in this World.

News to me. Of course there is no monolithic "liberal" bloc, so its a false charge in ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Because half the ones that wandered into Europe are economic migrants, not refugees.
    Of course the media will trawl through them to get the legitimate Syrian refugees to push out front and centre.
    But the reality is there were Kosovans, Iranians, Turks, Albanians, and Afghans in the flood across Europe to Germany.

And they couldn't hide the likes of the Tunisians, like criminal Anis Amri who arrived in Italy claiming asylum and was later to slaughter people in Berlin, the Uzbeks like Rakhmat Akilov the asylum seeker that mowed down people in Stockholm.

Those boat loads the Irish Navy are rescuing are not really from the Middle East, but Africa.
    Of course they are refugees as well, from Nigeria and the like.

Half those so called minors/children minister zappone wants to welcome into Ireland can't probably find Syria or Iraq on a map never mind come from there.

BTW speaking of Calais youngsters has the young fellow that disappeared from the home in Roundwood, Wicklow ever been found ?

I am not allowed discuss …

jmayo wrote: »
    Because half the ones that wandered into Europe are economic migrants, not refugees.
    Of course the media will trawl through them to get the legitimate Syrian refugees to push out front and centre.
    But the reality is there were Kosovans, Iranians, Turks, Albanians, and Afghans in the flood across Europe to Germany.

And they couldn't hide the likes of the Tunisians, like criminal Anis Amri who arrived in Italy claiming asylum and was later to slaughter people in Berlin, the Uzbeks like Rakhmat Akilov the asylum seeker that mowed down people in Stockholm.

Those boat loads the Irish Navy are rescuing are not really from the Middle East, but Africa.

Half those so called minors/children minister zappone wants to welcome into Ireland can't probably find Syria or Iraq on a map never mind come from there.

BTW speaking of Calais youngsters has the young fellow that disappeared from the home in Roundwood, Wicklow ever been found ?

No reason people from those areas can't make a legitimate claim.

All of them?????

• Advertisement

All of them?????

The bolded states.

All of them?????

The bolded states.

I'm aware of them.

My question was "all of them?" from those states.

I'm aware of them.

No idea what you mean. There are people who come from those states who can claim asylum for various reasons.

I'm aware of them.

No idea what you mean. There are people who come from those states who can claim asylum for various reasons.

God help us if you're right then.

God help us if you're right then.

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Where then do you draw the line ?

If we were to open the doors to anyone that could make a legitimate claim that they are being persecuted in some fashion or at risk from war, etc then "legitimately" half the bloody world could apply.
    Half the Chinese could claim asylum on the basis they live under a repressive regime.

BTW as you no doubt well know the "refugees" flooding to Europe were being branded as "Syrians" because after all they had the worse war going on and had ISIS.
    Oh and they were families, doctors, engineers, etc, etc.

Then when that myth was busted we get the fall back poisiton that sure isn't there war in Iraq, Afghanistan, Eritrea, Somalia and that's where these are from.
    Then when that is busted and a fair chunk of the "refugees" are not from there either, the next fall back is that shure aren't Iran, Uzbekistan, Turkey, Nigeria, Cameroon, Tunisia, Morocco, etc, etc terrible places as well. :rolleyes:

Most of the ones wandering into Libya are economic migrants pure and simple.
    A lot of ones that turned up in Greece were never from Syria or Iraq.

And the real sad thing is the real refugees from Syria and Iraq were left sitting in refugee camps in Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey.
    We also have huge chunk of refugees now displaced by Yemen, but they seem to be forgotten about.

As if to illustrate Kevin Sharkey's salient point about priorities, on Morning Ireland this morning we had report of elderly people having to go to another country to get healthcare because they were being told they would have to wait 4 years for treatment here and immediately afterwards you had a doctor from Medicine Sans Frontier looking for donations to aid at yet another humanitarian disaster (i.e. war).

Our government in 2015 spent €647.51 million on Ireland’s third world aid programme.
    Some of that money is probably very well spent, but I bet some of it ends up siphoned off ala Uganda.

If Ireland and Irish people want to make a real difference to refugees then they axe the ferry service, stop bringing a few refugees here at enormous cost, and give aid to the camps where the people have nothing and a huge amount more people would be helped by the same amount of euros.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

Meanwhile, as the Irish state prepares to take in even more "refugees", giving them prompt access to free healthcare, dental care, psychiatric services, a 90 year old IRISH man suffering with cataracts was told he would have to wait 4 years for treatment.

I don't hear the bleeding heart politicians and media whores championing this man's plight.

Maybe he should leave the country, lose his passport and pretend he is Syrian in order to get more prompt treatment. :rolleyes:

Or go to Egypt go to the cinema end up onstage at at terrorist rally but not know how or why you were there;)

Only a refugee until you reach the first safe country, after that you are a migrant.

Even when the war is declared "finished"... we will continue to receive refugees from there. There will continue to be internal conflict, mopping up efforts for rebels, economic/social problems, disease, etc for years afterward.

So, the war being effectively over is not going to change things much.

The ones we have will not go home + they can now bring extended family
    Futures looking bright for Ireland:confused:

• Advertisement

You know I doubt that was even real, you know the one where the boy was in the back of the ambulance covered in dust. Supposedly his home was blown up? Theres a video on youtube where his father said he got paid money for to use his child. Their house was not hit or anything, it was dont by some high up rebel & an American

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement