Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refugee Family Reunification

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

Odhinn wrote: »
    ...generalisations, stereotyping and lazy zenophobia.

How many migrants are working in Europe?? Or are we going to be the lucky ones get the cream of the crop?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-europe-migrants-germany-survey/only-13-percent-of-recent-refugees-in-germany-have-found-work-survey-idUSKBN13A22F

So you're one of the anti-abortion but ok with people drowning in the med brigade?

Ones an accident the other is murder:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

You forgot xenophobia!!

I asked someone after the photo of the kid was everywhere "You don't think that if ISIS knew that one kid's death would open up Europe to them en masse that they wouldn't use that?"

I got called all the heartless bitches going but no one answered the question or even thought about it. Propaganda is everywhere. Some people just fall for it.

But according to some...propaganda only exists in Russia....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Help!!!! wrote: »
    You know I doubt that was even real, you know the one where the boy was in the back of the ambulance covered in dust. Supposedly his home was blown up? Theres a video on youtube where his father said he got paid money for to use his child. Their house was not hit or anything, it was dont by some high up rebel & an American

Now I know you're 12. :rolleyes: It was done by some high up rebel? Did you read that on Facebook?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭Odhinn

jmayo wrote: »
    Where then do you draw the line ?

If we were to open the doors to anyone that could make a legitimate claim that they are being persecuted in some fashion or at risk from war, etc then "legitimately" half the bloody world could apply.

Not really.

Then when that (..............) well. :rolleyes:

If you want to rant, don't bother including in a post to me, ty very much.
    Most of the ones wandering into Libya are economic migrants pure and simple.
    A lot of ones that turned up in Greece were never from Syria or Iraq.

And the real sad thing is the real refugees from Syria and Iraq were left sitting in refugee camps in Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey.
    We also have huge chunk of refugees now displaced by Yemen, but they seem to be forgotten about.

But you'd whinge about them as well. You just don't want any of "them" coming over here.
    help!!! wrote:
    Only a refugee until you reach the first safe country, after that you are a migrant.

You might want to look up the law on that one.

From the article you seem to have lepped on without reading -

"It shows that of the refugees who arrived last year and in January 2016, 13 percent are in work. Many newcomers are still in the process of getting asylum applications assessed and so have limited access to the labor market, it found."

"Herbert Bruecker of the IAB Institute for Employment Research said experience showed around 50 percent of migrants tended to have found employment after living in Germany for five years, at least 60 percent were in work after 10 years and 70 percent after 15 years."

"Around 90 percent of refugees could not speak German when they arrived, a major stumbling block for many employers."

What point was it you hoped it made?

• Advertisement

pilly wrote: »
    Now I know you're 12. :rolleyes: It was done by some high up rebel? Did you read that on Facebook?

You could have looked it up on youtube before trying to be condescending but here you go. Maybe he has a twin brother:rolleyes:

Not really.

Oh thats all right then:rolleyes:

But you'd whinge about them as well. You just don't want any of "them" coming over here.

Should the people all ready living here not be entitled to a bit of relief before bringing more people here? Maybe bring them after we have a working HSE or no homessness

You might want to look up the law on that one.

From the article you seem to have lepped on without reading -

"It shows that of the refugees who arrived last year and in January 2016, 13 percent are in work. Many newcomers are still in the process of getting asylum applications assessed and so have limited access to the labor market, it found."

"Herbert Bruecker of the IAB Institute for Employment Research said experience showed around 50 percent of migrants tended to have found employment after living in Germany for five years, at least 60 percent were in work after 10 years and 70 percent after 15 years."

"Around 90 percent of refugees could not speak German when they arrived, a major stumbling block for many employers."

So from that we will have to fund & look after these migrants for at least 5 years before some of them will find work....ah sure thats OK then
    But of course that depends on what percentage of migrants we take in are Muslims. 1 in 5 work in the UK. Why? Because the older generation when they come wont bother learning the language. Most women are kept to look after the home. Devout Muslims pray 5 times a day. So when your worker is heading off to the Jacks to wash their feet to pray you as a boss will not like it. & by the way its never done on company breaks times. Separate microwave for Muslims halaal only foods. Separate fridge if they can get away with it. Ramadan you have a month of praying & fasting so productivity is down. Why do you think nothing is built in the Middle East except by slaves?

Keep believing that they are coming to pay for your pension & will be doctors/surgeons/engineers

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Not really.

You side of the argument always claim we must take people in.
    Then when you are pushed you refuse to say how many ?
    You refuse to draw a line and say we can only take this many or only these people should be allowed.
    If you want to rant, don't bother including in a post to me, ty very much.

Great riposte to the factual statement that all those supposed Syrian refugees were not really Syrians at all in a huge amount of cases.

Careful now you might have to start using the tried and tested labels when you want to shut up the opposition.
    You don't have to be a genius to realise it might be better trying to help 10000 rather than a 1000.
    But no we will feel all superior and take a 1000 and dump them in Ballaghaderreen or the like.

I couldn't give a feck if you are Asian, South American, African, Inuit so long as you are trying to contribute to this state and willing to integrate.
    But there is a but and it is the type of immigration we are being told to take.

And I have no problem admitting I do not want wholesale islamic immigration into Ireland because all one has to do is turn on the news every other week to see what the outcome has been for France, Belgium, UK and now laterally Sweden, Spain, Germany.
    But of course we are always different, we won't have second generation going off to back hardline islamists, fight for hardline islamist groups, recruit for hardline islamist groups all intent on destroying the secular western way of life we enjoy.
    Actually i can think of all the above already happening in little wee old Ireland.

Ah but shure everyone loves the Irish.

Funny you drag in some German statistics.

What about the Dutch ones that actually show less participation in education and the workforce for some of it's immigrant communities when compare to the native community.
    And by extension the percentage on unemployment benefits are far greater than that of the native population.
    Or look at France, Belgium, Sweden, UK.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

The ones we have will not go home + they can now bring extended family
    Futures looking bright for Ireland:confused:

Yep. They're here until their dying days [or until the economy totally collapses and they leave like leeches leave the host body once its dead] and we're all on the hook for them. Our Govts are giving them welfare, free healthcare, free homes with no obligation to actually get on their feet and support their new host country.

Keep believing that they are coming to pay for your pension & will be doctors/surgeons/engineers

A non-sequitur.
    jmayo wrote:
    And I have no problem admitting I do not want wholesale islamic immigration into Ireland

Yep. If you'd just say that out instead of beating round the bush in future.
    Jmayo wrote:
    Funny you drag in some German statistics.

If you re-read the post you'll see I didn't.

• Advertisement

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Yep. They're here until their dying days [or until the economy totally collapses and they leave like leeches leave the host body once its dead] and we're all on the hook for them. Our Govts are giving them welfare, free healthcare, free homes with no obligation to actually get on their feet and support their new host country.

Lovely stuff there. Full of bile, not a bit of fact, frothing away.

You know I doubt that was even real, you know the one where the boy was in the back of the ambulance covered in dust. Supposedly his home was blown up? Theres a video on youtube where his father said he got paid money for to use his child. Their house was not hit or anything, it was dont by some high up rebel & an American

Most likely not. They're all propaganda pictures. Like that one with all of them looking like their going to drown. There were guys off to the side standing in that very same water telling them how to look.

They've been flooding into Germany since 2015 [if not before, but I'll be generous and leave to 2015 when the "crisis" started] and the majority are still on welfare and have made no attempts to get off them.

They're not these doctors, lawyers or engineers that they claim are coming over. You've been hoodwinked little one.

Like no Eastern Europeans left when the banks collapsed?? But again these migrants will be more grateful

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

You could have looked it up on youtube before trying to be condescending but here you go. Maybe he has a twin brother:rolleyes:

You quote a youtube video from Benny Labamba and expect it to be taken seriously?

Maybe you should see if batman will take up your cause, he has videos on youtube as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Because they're not refugees. They're economic migrants coming to leech the system. They lost the right to refugee status when they passed through several safe Countries to get to Europe. Plus the bulk aren't even from Syria now. They're from Africa.
    ...generalisations, stereotyping and lazy zenophobia.

JohnMc1 is correct. Have a read of pages 55 and 64 of the below:
    http://www.altaiconsulting.com/insights/mixed-migration-trends-libya-changing-dynamics

I have to say, and not to sound like a d1ck, but your incessant one sentence rebuttals all over this thread really contribute very little to the debate. All very negative.

To be fair to the Irish Government, I think they've done a reasonable job of handling our intake of refugees, taking in families as opposed to all males. They've also proven to not be a soft touch, and were insistent upon being able to independently vet the people they had committed to taking from Italy.

The cost is another matter. The figures I saw for Ballaghadreen seemed exorbitantly high. It was just incredible when I compare it to what my parents raised my siblings and I on. These costs are just totally unsustainable for Western countries, without cutting costs elsewhere.

All the while, the actual number of refugees or migrants that it actually helps, is minuscule compared to the numbers who remain in those countries. It is this that I find most frustrating.

Then again, it is just money. I'd be a lot more concerned about potential social problems if we had the insane rates of change in immigration seen elsewhere in Europe.

RustyNut wrote: »
    You quote a youtube video from Benny Labamba and expect it to be taken seriously?

Maybe you should see if batman will take up your cause, he has videos on youtube as well.

Hmmmmm.
    "This account has been terminated due to multiple or severe violations of YouTube's policy against spam, deceptive practices, and misleading content or other Terms of Service violations."

Really so you cant see its the same kid??
    I know this is from RT & I know how liberals feel about Russian propaganda
    Plenty other resources on youtube

Hmmmmm.
    "This account has been terminated due to multiple or severe violations of YouTube's policy against spam, deceptive practices, and misleading content or other Terms of Service violations."

Do you not see its the same kid? So the father is a liar just because his version of the story doesn't agree with the one the MSM & liberals want the world to know.
    Liberalism really is a mental disorder which seems to be getting worse:eek:

Even your RT vid says the boy was caught up in a bombing, the rest is just propaganda bull between the yanks and the russians. What point are you trying to make?

• Advertisement

Even your RT vid says the boy was caught up in a bombing, the rest is just propaganda bull between the yanks and the russians. What point are you trying to make?

The kid had make up put on him to make it look like he was in a bombing his house wasn't bombed

The kid had make up put on him to make it look like he was in a bombing his house wasn't bombed

Any evidence to back that up or are you just bullsh1tting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

My question to politicians both in Ireland and in Europe is why have we (the collective EU) not taken in more of THE most oppressed of peoples (apart from women that is) from the Middle East.

The Yazidi Christians.

They are by far the most deserving of Asylum and Refugee status here in Ireland.

Any evidence to back that up or did you just bullsh1tting?

I'm looking for the other video but if you look at the last video from 3:10 the reporter explains when the father found the child the " white helmets " were taking photos of him rather than giving him first aid. Bit strange a child caught in an air strike

My question to politicians both in Ireland and in Europe is why have we (the collective EU) not taken in more of THE most oppressed of peoples (apart from women that is) from the Middle East.

The Yazidi Christians.

They are by far the most deserving of Asylum and Refugee status here in Ireland.

The dont count. The UN only looks after the Muslim states

The Yazidi Christians.

Because Western Liberals want to eliminate Christianity and set up their Totalitarian Govt utopias. They see the spread of Islam as a means to this end. Islam is as much of a Totalitarian Political System as it is a religion.

The Yazidi Christians.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yazidis#Western_Europe
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yazidis_in_Germany

They're not christians, btw.

For those that think its all hype about migrants in Sweden have a look at this

For those that think its all hype about migrants in Sweden have a look at this

Yeah, thats hype about migrants in sweden allright.

Why would a channel that has videos such as "the war on whites is real", "the asian colonisation of australia", "diversity is a weapon against white people" and at least one by a notorious anti-semite interest you?

• Advertisement

Denmarks not much better but we in Ireland will be OK we are getting special migrants

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement