Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting From city centre to Belfast Zoo

• 14-11-2017 2:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone.

I am trying to decide how to get from Great Victoria Street to Belfast Zoo,and I am wondering whether I should cycle there using one of the city bikes or jump into a cab.

Would it be easy enough to find while I'm on a bike?
    And if I was to go there by cab,would anyone have a rough idea of how much it might cost?

I have heard that buses go in that direction but am not at all familiar with any of the stops or pick up points.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭maximoose

The zoo is about 5miles outside of the city centre, and quite steep to get to. I wouldn't cycle it, especially on a city bike.

Taxi would cost about £10-£15

There are quite a few buses routes that leave from Upper Queen St, which is just around the corner from Gt Victoria St, that will bring you there. Unsure of cost.

Edit: Metro services 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, 1E, 1F, 1G and 2A (for Antrim Road or Bellevue) depart from Upper Queen Street in Belfast city centre and stop on the Antrim Road opposite the zoo entrance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

maximoose wrote: »
    The zoo is about 5miles outside of the city centre, and quite steep to get to. I wouldn't cycle it, especially on a city bike.

There are quite a few buses routes that leave from Upper Queen St, which is just around the corner from Gt Victoria St, that will bring you there. Unsure of cost.

Edit: Metro services 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, 1E, 1F, 1G and 2A (for Antrim Road or Bellevue) depart from Upper Queen Street in Belfast city centre and stop on the Antrim Road opposite the zoo entrance.
    Thanks a million for that.
    The bus seems to be the better option,especially if the pick up in Queens Street is that close to Great Victoria Street.
    Sorry to bother you again,but can you please tell me how often these buses leave?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

maximoose wrote: »
    The zoo is about 5miles outside of the city centre, and quite steep to get to.  I wouldn't cycle it, especially on a city bike.

There are quite a few buses routes that leave from Upper Queen St, which is just around the corner from Gt Victoria St, that will bring you there.  Unsure of cost.

Edit:  Metro services 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, 1E, 1F, 1G and 2A (for Antrim Road or Bellevue) depart from Upper Queen Street in Belfast city centre and stop on the Antrim Road opposite the zoo entrance.
    Thanks a million for that.
    The bus seems to be the better option,especially if the pick up in Queens Street is that close to Great Victoria Street.
    Sorry to bother you again,but can you please tell me how often these buses leave?
    http://www.translink.co.uk/Routes-and-Timetables/all-buses/

Advertisement