Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

china Currency issue

Options
  • 14-11-2017 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭

Hi i am going to China for the next few months and i was told today in my local branch that i am unable to get currency before i leave due to it being a closed currency or something. problem is i understand theirs a daily limit on what i can withdraw while there something like 100e. Is there anything else i can do as when i arrive i will probably need to access more then 100e a day for the first week or so.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi,

Thanks for the post here on Boards.

Can you tell me the name of the currency you are looking for?

There would be a limit on their ATM withdraws per day from €100-€120 per day.

This limit wouldn't impact your point of sale transaction limit.

Please don't forget if you are using your visa debit card to leave a travel note through the online service desk to avoid any blocks or flags being placed on your account as our security team may thing its fraud and not yourself using the card.

Thanks,

Kareana

• Registered Users Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Hi,

Thanks for the post here on Boards.

Can you tell me the name of the currency you are looking for?

There would be a limit on their ATM withdraws per day from €100-€120 per day.

This limit wouldn't impact your point of sale transaction limit.

Please don't forget if you are using your visa debit card to leave a travel note through the online service desk to avoid any blocks or flags being placed on your account as our security team may thing its fraud and not yourself using the card.

Thanks,

Kareana
    I am looking for Chinese RMB currency was told by my local branch this is a closed currency. I assume i can leave a travel note through my online 365 account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi, 

Thanks for the reply.

As its a closed currency you would be only able to get this in the country. 

To leave a note on your account please log into your 365 online, select online service desk and add travel notification. 

This will update straight away.

Enjoy your trip.

Thanks,

Kareana

Advertisement