Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The M bloody 50

• 14-11-2017 3:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭

What is the name of high school football is going on on the M50 these days? we as a nation really cant drive. I am sick and tired of people going on to the m50 and other high volume motorways and driving like a d*ckhead, anyone who cant drive at a moderate distance at least a car away from the car in front of you in wet and dark conditions, they they should have their licence revoked. Not only are they involving other innocent road users in an accident but they are wrecking the days of thousands of people who cant get to work on time. Cop the hell on people and cut the sh1t and let us all get about our business on time and safely

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,492 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Novel idea for a thread, I don't think it's been covered before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Lord be the lamp of Jayus, as sure as the Sun is bright somebody will start a thread on the M50 anytime there is heavy traffic on it.

Please read through the Commuting & Transport sub forum before starting these threads

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭jack hackett

Lord be the lamp of Jayus, as sure as the Sun is bright somebody will start a thread on the M50 anytime there is heavy traffic on it.

Please read through the Commuting & Transport sub forum before starting these threads

its alright for you you probably dont have to go anywhere near it, for anybody stuck on it for 2 hours this morning they will know all about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

its alright for you you probably dont have to go anywhere near it, for anybody stuck on it for 2 hours this morning they will know all about it

I think the point he's making is that there are already several megathreads across various sections of Boards with hundreds of posts all giving out about the M50 already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Yes they probably do already know about it and have probably complained about it. Many times. Its nothing new.

https://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?subforums=1&forum=246&query=M50

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

You wouldn't believe the terrible driving I saw today on the N4. There was a guy who couldn't decide which lane he wanted to be in. 2nd Lane, 1st Lane, merging lane. He ended up stopping just before an exit and putting his hazards on.

I think this is becoming contagious and starting to spread. Don't drive nearby!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭bennyineire

I was actually on it this morning :p but normally I don't have to go thank God, but seriously every other week somebody else starts a thread like this, why not just vent on one of those threads instead of littering this sub forum with the same duplicate thread

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭pat ticket

Better get used to it, congestion is going to be getting worse until such time as a cocktail of variable speed limits, tolling and loads of money is spent on public transport are implemented.

pat ticket wrote: »
    Better get used to it, congestion is going to be getting worse until such time as a cocktail of variable speed limits, tolling and loads of money is spent on public transport are implemented.

But it just seems to be at its worst from now until xmas? is it due to more people on the roads due to xmas shopping along with the fact that people cant drive in the rain, in the dark or with a low lying sun?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,926 ✭✭✭✭L1011

But it just seems to be at its worst from now until xmas? is it due to more people on the roads due to xmas shopping along with the fact that people cant drive in the rain, in the dark or with a low lying sun?

Both are definite factors.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

People don't want to be waiting for overcrowded public transport when the weather is typically worse.

People don't want to be waiting for overcrowded public transport when the weather is typically worse.

interesting, so they take the car when they could actually get public transport which they typically would do in better weather

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,432 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

horse truck overturned on the M50 this evening. we passed in the opposite direction and they'd 4 or 5 horses out of it. what a mess for the emergency services to have to deal with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,926 ✭✭✭✭L1011

interesting, so they take the car when they could actually get public transport which they typically would do in better weather

Huge numbers take the car when it's wet; that use PT other times. And it's worse in the evenings as partners are dragged in to picking people up etc. I'll admit that happens in my house sometimes but only impacts Maynooth traffic (I usually get home much earlier, on PT, and rarely get asked to do a station run)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Car overturned on the N3 earlier today too. WTF are people doing to roll vehicles on straight flat feckin roads. The mind boggles.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,432 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

the horse truck above was not near a junction; though there was a car in front of it, pulled in on the hard shoulder facing the wrong direction. that could well have been a motorist who saw it happening and swung back to help.
    tattersalls was on today, and there were quite a few horseboxes caught up in the tailback - i'd say they needed a few horsey people to deal with the horses once they started getting them out of the truck (god knows how they did that)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

L1011 wrote:
    Huge numbers take the car when it's wet; that use PT other times. And it's worse in the evenings as partners are dragged in to picking people up etc. I'll admit that happens in my house sometimes but only impacts Maynooth traffic (I usually get home much earlier, on PT, and rarely get asked to do a station run)

The OP is banned, unsure if it's worth replying..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

pat ticket wrote: »
    Or they could start enforcing the law tomorrow.

Start handing out fines for middle lane driving.

An entire lane on our motorways is wasted because people don't keep left. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭tabbey

tedpan wrote: »
    The OP is banned, unsure if it's worth replying..

Would he be the Rev Jack Hackett, aka Father Jack ?

Advertisement