Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unacceptable

Options
  • 14-11-2017 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Original Threads
    https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057786951

https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057803781

So after having an ESB Networks engineer at my apartment last week, testing the meter, finding that it was running 860% faster then it should have been and replacing the faulty meter. I now get a new bill issued just after midnight last night for 1,645.26 Euro.

After 2 months of stress, worry and sleepless nights, having 700 euro taken from my account leaving me unable to pay my rent, other bills or even feed myself,  this is what I wake up to. Despite being told by the engineer that his report should be with you within 24 hours, I'm now told by your customer service representative that it can take 12-15 weeks for the report to arrive. Unacceptable

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Witchy.ie,

Sorry to read of the error in information. We are also very sorry to read of the stress you are under. You are not required to pay this bill. As the system needs to be updated with the information that the meter was recording incorrectly and the balance needs to be adjusted, the system does not yet "know" of this error. This is why bills will issue as standard, and to the error meter activity (until the matter is resolved).

The ESB Networks engineer's report goes to Billing first, for them to recalculate the usage and make the relevant adjustments to your bill. You will be advised by letter in due course.

In the meantime, we recommend topping up the account when you can by whatever is possible (this will prevent a large bill issuing for actual usage when the matter is resolved). We can also put a hold on the current balance in order to prevent automatic reminders. Just private message us the relevant Electric Ireland account number, stating that you are the account-holder and confirming your address and date of birth. We can put a lock on the account until the time your next bill is due. Then when you receive your next bill, contact us again and we will do the same. We can keep doing this every two months until the recalculations/adjustments are completed.

We recommend contacting us as soon as possible to put this hold on the balance.

Best regards,
    Una

Advertisement