Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Northern Ireland Troubles and the Irish War of Indepedence

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,703 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Mod Note
    @BalcombeSt4
    Please do not post on thread again, as this is now being derailed off topic and into personal sniping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

Well sorry Manach I might as well post because thanks to the efforts of pedro & De monte, helped by questionable mods they derailed this topic with personal attacks. With out them this thread would have gone somewhere.

People instead of debating my points made fun of the fact that I'm suffering from dyslexia. Though guys.

I still would have destroyed them on any debate relating to The Troubles or WOI.

For example the popular media myth is the IRA caused all Troubles with 2 some people think 1 British Army massacre.

Book here by Robert W. White with a table on p.6.

It's split into PIRA, INLA & other Republicans, All Loyalists, British Army RUC, UDR/RIR, & other

PIRA killed 513 Protestants & Catholic civilians, plus 16 political activists which made it 529. Along with other Religious groups like the IPLO & INLA 66 civilians & 9 political activists making it 75, bringing all civilian deaths to 604.

Loyalists now this interesting. 7611 civilians killed and 31 PA, bringing the death toll to 812. Loyalists actually only killed 19 provos & 8 other active Republicans out of 979 victims when the narrative of the British media was presenting the conflict as Loyalists targeting IRA men in response to IRA attacks, kind of blows that theory out the water,

And The British Army (BA). Killed 135 Catholic civilians just 17 Protestants. That's 152 civilians killed by the BA.
    The killed 108 PIRA with 15 INLA/IPLO which bring the death toll to 123, whereas the only killed 11 bigots,,,,,, I mean Loyalists.

And pedrobeair please stop making fun of people with learning disabilities. in my case dyslexia & I still managed to mop the floor with you.

Advertisement