Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat5e new house

Options
  • 14-11-2017 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

It seems my new house was cabled for cat5/5e.
    Most rooms have a faceplate with RJ45 and Coax connection.

The Cat5 seems to run back to the utility room.
    For some reason, before the house was handed over, Virgin media were in and installed cable outlets.

Unfortunately, they seem to have removed the faceplates in two rooms and installed there (in place of my RJ45/Coax faceplate).

I would like to have my Virgin Media terminated in the utility so that I could have a patch panel / POE switch of sorts and connect directly into it (while also freeing up and replacing the existing panels that they messed with).

Can anyone recommend a vendor to do this at a reasonable rate and without a mess? Ideally, I was also hoping to put some access points in some rooms (in addition to the existing RJ45 sockets ... but higher up... and again without a mess.

Is this common practice from Virgin Media? Its very frustrating (or maybe its just me?).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Deal done with the developer. Common enough. For them to undo the sparkies prior works I'm not sure, probably just laziness.

Advertisement