If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mounting Kit for LG OLED65B7V

Options
  • 14-11-2017 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi folks

I've had my LG OLED for a few days now (which I got from your good selves) and I must say its fantastic!  The 4K HDR is ridiculous on it.  Anyway, I'm moving towards mounting it on the wall now.  The stand on it is very low meaning that the Sonos Soundbar is actually sticking up slightly into the screen space.

Could you recommend a wall mount for it?  A fixed one would be fine, not looking to be moving it around on an arm or anything.  3 of the HDMI ports are rear facing, so that could be an issue.

Also looking to mount the Playbar underneath it.  Do you know if the sound is better/worse when wall mounted?

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Himselfe wrote: »
    Hi folks

I've had my LG OLED for a few days now (which I got from your good selves) and I must say its fantastic!  The 4K HDR is ridiculous on it.  Anyway, I'm moving towards mounting it on the wall now.  The stand on it is very low meaning that the Sonos Soundbar is actually sticking up slightly into the screen space.

Could you recommend a wall mount for it?  A fixed one would be fine, not looking to be moving it around on an arm or anything.  3 of the HDMI ports are rear facing, so that could be an issue.

Also looking to mount the Playbar underneath it.  Do you know if the sound is better/worse when wall mounted?

Thanks
    Hi Himselfe.

They really are some television.

A straight forward mount would be the Sansu VLL5 priced at 48.99 Euro
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12678-vll5.aspx

LG do make their own bracket for this TV which may help with the rear HDMI's the OTW420 priced at 119.00 Euro
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202242-otw420.aspx

You could mount the Sonos Playbar beneath the TV no problem. We have ours mount below our television in our demo room. 

Let me know what you think.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Himselfe,

just a few hints - if you need a little space behind your TV for access then I'd recommend a tilt bracket ( you don't HAVE to use the tilt function but they always allow a CM or two of movement to allow you to access the sockets ( and of course many electricians fit a standard mains socket on thewall rather than a switched spur which means you have to allow for a plug to go in! ( not a huge issue with the OLEDS as they are so slim)

But if you need a tilt the BLT-2 B1 Sanus is excellent and may save you many headaches:
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202750-blt2-b1.aspx

Rather than separately mounting teh PLAYBAR you can also get a partner bracket from Sanus for the Playbar which will directly link it to the TV bracket:
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-200135-fpa405-b2.aspx

And at just £24.95 it's cheaper than the dedicated Sonos Playbar mount

If you needed both we would do these on a Boardie deal at just £109 / €125 including shipping

In terms of performance the Playbar can be optimised for orientation either way in the setup mode and to be honest it can actually sound better wall mounted because of the boundary effect..

...Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.