If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music streaming query

Options
  • 14-11-2017 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]I currently use a Cambridge Audio AM10 & Dacmagic 100, playing through Wharfdale 220s[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]I have a small computer connected to the DAC via usb, which enables me to play music stored on my NAS (mostly cd-quality flacs). I also sometimes use a chromecast on the optical input of the DAC for the same purpose, and to stream from internet radio.[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]This set-up gives pretty good sound quality, but is cumbersome to use. I therefore was thinking of adding a streamer e.g. Pioneer N30AE. However the cost seemed heavy for what seems to be a marginal improvement on my existing system.[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]I then noticed you are offering Yamaha RN303D which seems to have every feature I could want, and would allow me to dispose of existing equipment if it meets my need. However I wonder if I would notice any significant difference in sound quality Vs my existing set-up?[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]If the Yamaha is not recommended, would better sound quality be offered by Pioneer SXN30 or Onkyo TX8150?[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]I feel sure that I will need to arrange a trip for a demo if I am going ahead with any change. However I would be glad of any initial advice you might have.[/font]

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Neddyk wrote: »
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]I currently use a Cambridge Audio AM10 & Dacmagic 100, playing through Wharfdale 220s[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]I have a small computer connected to the DAC via usb, which enables me to play music stored on my NAS (mostly cd-quality flacs). I also sometimes use a chromecast on the optical input of the DAC for the same purpose, and to stream from internet radio.[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]This set-up gives pretty good sound quality, but is cumbersome to use. I therefore was thinking of adding a streamer e.g. Pioneer N30AE. However the cost seemed heavy for what seems to be a marginal improvement on my existing system.[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]I then noticed you are offering Yamaha RN303D which seems to have every feature I could want, and would allow me to dispose of existing equipment if it meets my need. However I wonder if I would notice any significant difference in sound quality Vs my existing set-up?[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]If the Yamaha is not recommended, would better sound quality be offered by Pioneer SXN30 or Onkyo TX8150?[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]I feel sure that I will need to arrange a trip for a demo if I am going ahead with any change. However I would be glad of any initial advice you might have.[/font]
    what about a Yamaha R-N301:
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-200994-rn301.aspx

A complete deal while they last at just £199 / €219.99 ( the euro price includes delivery)

Add a YWA10 if you would like to go wireless:
    https://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/audio_visual/accessories/ywa-10/index.html

With the RN301 the YWA10 is just £19.99 / €24.99

It's a pretty amazing bit of kit for under £200 - ultimately I'm not sure it will beat your AM10 / Dacmagic in audio quality terms but it's no slouch either  and the built in streaming capabilities / tuner and convenience really are amazing.

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Neddyk

Thanks John.
    That certainly seems like a bargain. However I think I will stick with what I have for now. I am pleased with the sound from current system and wouldn’t like to risk a dis-improvement there for the sake of convenience. Maybe I will come back to the issue later.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Neddyk wrote: »
    Thanks John.
    That certainly seems like a bargain. However I think I will stick with what I have for now. I am pleased with the sound from current system and wouldn’t like to risk a dis-improvement there for the sake of convenience. Maybe I will come back to the issue later.
    No problem at all Neddyk.

Let us know if we can help in any way in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭dhplayer

Hi,
    Do ye sell the wireless adapter YWA10 or would I have to source this separately.
    Thanks

dhplayer wrote: »
    Hi,
    Do ye sell the wireless adapter YWA10 or would I have to source this separately.
    Thanks
    Hi dhplayer,

We currently have the YWA10 in stock.

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭T.w.a.T.

Hi there and sorry to jump in the thread. 

How much would be one of those YWA10? 

Thanks

T.w.a.T. wrote: »
    Hi there and sorry to jump in the thread. 

How much would be one of those YWA10? 

Thanks
    Hi T.w.a.T

The YWA10 is currently priced at £59.95 with £6.99 shipping

Thanks Kenny. :)

That's too much for me.  

Thanks Kenny. :)

That's too much for me.  
    I could throw in the deliver for free if that helps?

Thanks for that Kenny, but it's still too much, for what I'm doing to use it. I just saw your mentioned £20 and that make me curious. 

• Advertisement

Thanks for that Kenny, but it's still too much, for what I'm doing to use it. I just saw your mentioned £20 and that make me curious. 
    Hey T.w.a.T.

John had been doing a deal on the YWA10 if purchased with the RN301 which made the YWA10 £19.95 it seems.

Best I could offer would be £50 and free shipping.

Yes , I understand that. 

Thanks for the offer, but I'll give it a pass. :) 

Yes , I understand that. 

Thanks for the offer, but I'll give it a pass. :) 
    No worries T.w.a.T.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.