Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scheme of work for Guidance

Options
  • 14-11-2017 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

Hi all, if I don't have guidance classes but see students on a one to one basis, how should one go about a scheme of work? Or would it be expected if inspected? I have my guidance policy and plan obviously. Thanks all in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭DK man

Can't imagine you need a scheme of work for one to one work but I'm open to clarification / correction on that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭doc_17

Do class groups get any Careers/Guidance classes innyou school? If so then you’d need to have the scheme in the Department Plan, whether it’s you taking the class or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Emmser

doc_17 wrote: »
    Do class groups get any Careers/Guidance classes innyou school? If so then you’d need to have the scheme in the Department Plan, whether it’s you taking the class or not.

Not this year as I went on job share and they couldn't get another teacher even though they advertised.

I've set up guest speakers during their second religion class. Therefore they've around twenty five speakers in total from different careers to colleges.

I met them twice to talk about cao with the whole year group. Then I've met each student around three times in groups of 4/5 and now I'm starting meeting them individually.

What would you suggest I do regarding my plan/policy? I've a feeling we are going to have a WSE and I want to be fully prepared.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭doc_17

Emmser wrote: »
    Not this year as I went on job share and they couldn't get another teacher even though they advertised.

I've set up guest speakers during their second religion class. Therefore they've around twenty five speakers in total from different careers to colleges.

I met them twice to talk about cao with the whole year group. Then I've met each student around three times in groups of 4/5 and now I'm starting meeting them individually.

What would you suggest I do regarding my plan/policy? I've a feeling we are going to have a WSE and I want to be fully prepared.

Document all the activities that you have planned including the time of year they are occurring. But honestly, I don’t know how that would fit in with the religion plan in the school. I think it’ll be management that will get the hit there. All you can do is document what you are doing with the resources granted.

Advertisement