Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London Trip, Hackney?

Options
  • 14-11-2017 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    I hope it's okay to ask here, if not sorry to the mods.
    Is Hackey a safe place to stay?
    I'm going to London for a few days next month on my own. Looking at a place near the train station, it has good feedback online and finding it hard to find other places.
    Thanks for any advice, much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

Its as safe as anywhere else. I used to go out there years ago and never had any issues and I would be getting buses late at night on my own. Its it of a trendy area - that may be exactly what you are looking for or put you off completely! There's really nice pubs and restaurants in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

biZrb wrote: »
    Its as safe as anywhere else. I used to go out there years ago and never had any issues and I would be getting buses late at night on my own. Its it of a trendy area - that may be exactly what you are looking for or put you off completely! There's really nice pubs and restaurants in the area.
    Thanks for the reply biZrb.
    My dad lived there a long time ago and wanted me to double check, a bit childish I know but if it gives us both peace of mind lol.
    I've never had issues going around myself thankfully and hopefully stays that way.
    Good to know about restaurants too, pubs wouldn't interest me at all, I'll probably only stay for breakfast and head elsewhere.
    Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

Hackney is quite a big borough so depends where specifically?

10 years a go it was rough but has massively gentrified and us generally trendy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

PH4T wrote: »
    Hackney is quite a big borough so depends where specifically?

10 years a go it was rough but has massively gentrified and us generally trendy now.
    It's not far from Hackney Central, had said the train station in the op, meant the station of the same name lol. Its booked and all, I'm sure itll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bilbot79

My cousin grew up there and loves it. Think it's a real salt of the earth place

• Advertisement
Advertisement