Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When will Discovery meet Enterprise?

• 14-11-2017 10:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    Given Discovery has just finshed Chapter 1 and Jan will see Chapter 2 I would like it towards end of Chapter 2 or in Season 2 proper... With that in mind the 2nd question is the design of NCC1701 both internal and external...

i would love to keep the original design but updates may mean a tweak and only a tweak to modernize slightly.. Inside i found this online on a mad few hours on click journey. Its a great update on the original set with enough upgrades that for me work well...

fZj0sN86j-knQv_-9FJIJE-CEcRaOGEpjdn4OXoBveVlaI6LWI64zk7l0o_9lTyMJ7rGeW4_QMX4ssfHzzxtbPM2cRWEHkRAD42JJ7mmDe_cfrDnNTjQWVKZcz7yFAvMubp13lE7fj7UPEa24zqqs6nT00JXRWfvOegE1JAk8KQdKnTyQmkpR-63-Mia_z7v5y5Z4bSazEmtqTpAca4I7WZRyNC9rl-ePW7HyqYJ9gA2VcM3VPhGg5htU4qyTyFwp6JUYdPgg14-NNJK68uxdejUa4HaaMQukdSnWLTIHZHPLZ6_H_chqqXP7ped-s0_RHCXovB1_CoFJWJvu36b_L0PRS-jw_oU5MRprOIhuCTKYGe8pKmlbp38hbBE2RMdplGWlaNtbH4Oaz7xuYvGWISjThtgFDV_gyvswta5axU4k6kdu0Yxst8GqWAP9Jt9tAQ0HhJH-dBwxGyYkVN3Sm04WTS-82U53sGrPMYFCHzkDXT9-C2OBfFh4YXTOZSkIGN3r3eiG9aWHatGyOlvPs7ZK2qD2C5fdvO57FYrPSy4KpX6v_i1lM-t4sY4Vf3uWpT0C97s8zbvD36TVcSHPQb9Cll7t9s1o1b6NCzulCk=w640-h383-no

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Those tweaks do actually look good. Would fit in well with the show canon.

They mentioned the Enterprise already, but im 99.99999999% they will never meet. Its not even to do with the fact its a very different show, but I think there may be a rights issue with CBS vs Paramount or something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Has the progression from ENT era tech to TOS tech been written in canon anywhere? I know several of the ENT books address it and explain it via the Romulan war and the need to protect against ship hacking similar to what was seen in ENT episodes.

Has the progression from ENT era tech to TOS tech been written in canon anywhere? I know several of the ENT books address it and explain it via the Romulan war and the need to protect against ship hacking similar to what was seen in ENT episodes.

Not exactly....Ive heard about the Romulan war leading the newly formed Alliance into the federation and explosion of tech sharing.

Bizzarly the Mirror Universe get their TOS tech from the U.S.S Defiant.

Where was Archer's Enterprise 5 years into their voyage? I believe that's where we're at now in that timeline. I can't remember, but they might be in Xindi space?

Edit: Never mind. Misread the timeline - Archer's Enterprise is 100 years before, not 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I very much doubt we'll see the Enterprise in Discovery. Similar to the Enterprise D and E not showing up in DS9; the spin-off shows want to do their own thing (and Discovery is more of a spin-off than a straight-up 'prequel' to TOS in that it's not leading-into anything, it's a parallel story).

Also I'd kinda rather they didn't kick that hornets nest of continuity problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

We got it in ds9 in the first episode.

Might get something with pike and the enterprise. Doubt it'd be any big timeline changing event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,394 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Goodshape wrote: »
    I very much doubt we'll see the Enterprise in Discovery. Similar to the Enterprise D and E not showing up in DS9; the spin-off shows want to do their own thing (and Discovery is more of a spin-off than a straight-up 'prequel' to TOS in that it's not leading-into anything, it's a parallel story).

Also I'd kinda rather they didn't kick that hornets nest of continuity problems.

The Enterprise D was in DS9 in the first episode Emissary docked with DS9. We even see Sisko talking to Picard in his ready room. Sure we never see it after that but when Worf joins DS9 we do hear it mentioned again as it after the events of Generations.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Varik wrote: »

Might get something with pike and the enterprise. Doubt it'd be any big timeline changing event.

Id say we will get to see a Lt. Or Commander Decker at some stage.

Id say we will get to see a Lt. Or Commander Decker at some stage.

Cadet Decker is mentioned on the ship intercom in Episode 9.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,996 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Link in the OP broken?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

AMKC wrote: »
    The Enterprise D was in DS9 in the first episode Emissary docked with DS9. We even see Sisko talking to Picard in his ready room. Sure we never see it after that but when Worf joins DS9 we do hear it mentioned again as it after the events of Generations.

Not so much 'talking' as it was Sisko gritting his teeth and barely restraining himself from leaping across the table & decking Picard. As introductions go, it was quite ballsy to have your new lead effectively hate the last one. It's kind of a shame it could never have been more of an on-off subplot.

I think the idea of an Enterprise cameo would be a very fine needle to thread; they just about got away with the Sarek material & re-writing of that family's history, but openly crossing over with that most famous of Trek ships feels ... precarious.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Link in the OP broken?

It was a screenshot from this video:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,996 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Goodshape wrote: »
    It was a screenshot from this video:

Cheers.. remember seeing that recently myself.

It's not bad but the bulkheads and colour scheme don't really match the panels IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's a relatively rough rendering of a few seconds to be fair, I think it looks really well.

I think it would be great to see TOS carefully remastered in this way, with effects and sets brought more into line with Discovery and Enterprise.

No doubt there would be much wailing and gnashing of teeth from some of the purists, but I think it would actually bring TOS back into relevance for modern audiences. There's a certain charm in the "bad sci-fi" look of TOS, but younger audiences who've never seen it would never be able to take it seriously if they were to watch it as-is.

Yeah, it's not perfect – but it is pretty good! A few adjustments and it could look great.

Don't think I'd want a series like that but maybe, if they really do ever want to include some NCC-1701 in Discovery, they could do something like this to preserve Shatner and co. in the visually-updated setting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Varik wrote: »

I knew there was another episode somewhere with a crossover, tenious as it was...

Birthright part 1
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birthright_(Star_Trek:_The_Next_Generation)
    latest?cb=20140806221821&path-prefix=en

Advertisement