Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account holder in house share moving out

Options
  • 15-11-2017 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Like the title says. 3 of us left in the house but none are sure we'll still be here in 12 months. Are there no contract direct debit options available to us? as the current account holder will be cancelling his account. I'm happy to put it in my name if I'm not likely to be caught with a cancellation charge if I decide to move out and am unable to transfer to another housemates name. The account had been with electric Ireland for quite a while. Probably a few years.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi mynamewasgone!,

Thanks for your interest in Electric Ireland.

You can indeed open an account without committing to a contract. Your housemate just needs to take a meter-reading or meter-readings (if there is gas also and/or a day and night electricity meter) on his last day and contact Electric Ireland to close his account. This account closure will generate a final bill in his name for usage up to the meter-reading(s).

Once your housemate has done this, just take note of the meter-reading(s) from him and the address's electricity meter point reference number (MPRN) which is on a bill (GPRN for gas if relevant) and contact Electric Ireland Sales on 1850 30 50 90 with this information and your bank details. Sales are open until 8pm Monday to Friday, and until 5.30pm on Saturdays. Just advise them that you wish to avail of savings for having direct debit (and Online Billing if applicable) but not a bonus credit as you are not in a position to commit to a contract.

No contract is required for the bill savings.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Best regards,
    Una

Advertisement