Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

miscarriage and fathers

Options
  • 15-11-2017 12:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Probably not the thread or the place to vent but right now seems like there is no right place. My most beautiful wife mis carried today she is just asleep and devastated. Apologies for the thread title but sometimes society forgets men in this abyss.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Take care dude. It cant be easy for you. Give your wife all the love and support you can, and hopefully others here will have orgs that can help you both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 rickydune

But that’s it right be strong ? No matter what

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

rickydune wrote: »

Be strong for her. Get help in being strong to strengthen to you strengthen her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

rickydune wrote:

No it's not. Get counselling support each other. You have both lost a child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 rickydune

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    No it's not. Get counselling support each other. You have both lost a child.

Thank you at least you get it but now I am here no funeral no opinion no hope

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

rickydune wrote:
    Thank you at least you get it but now I am here no funeral no opinion no hope

If it only happened today your emotions are all over the place as are your wife's. Ring a support group tomorrow. They will help ye come to terms and how to organise what ye need to. Hope you get the help you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

So sorry to hear of your loss. Unfortunately the fathers are often forgotten. Make sure you talk to someone about your feelings, you lost your baby too :(

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

OP, I'm sorry for your loss.

I've moved your thread to Trying to Conceive, as many here have experienced similar losses to you and your partner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I’m so sorry OP. I will admit to being fairly self centred at the moment of physically going through the miscarriage. I honestly couldn’t see beyond the bathroom trips in that minute. Once that worst period passed however we talked and cried a lot and supported each other through it. My due date is at the start of December and we are still talking and keeping things open. It’s the only way because honestly I’m still a bit of an emotional wreck at times and I still have nightmares about the physical miscarriage part. I know (because we talk) that he has similar fears and worries and concerns albeit from a slightly different perspective. He remembers standing outside the bathroom door with our toddler which I’m sure is just as bad a memory as my own of being inside.

It’s all a horrible experience. The very best of luck and for what it’s worth I will be thinking of ye both x

Advertisement