Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Buble - Croke Park - 7 July 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭canireally

Really? I tried this morning on my app and the computer and I had two tickets on each in seconds?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Yup. App finally offered me crap seats which I rejected. Now back waiting ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I've been trying to get tickets for a comedian today and had tickets within seconds but researched as they were too close. Page is just stuck searching for seats on both all and website. Think there's an issue with TM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MMur10k

Yeah it searches for me and then says none available - I then research and it is still timing out.

I got offered 4L on the pitch which is similar to what we had in the Aviva. Too far away for the kind of prices involved.

• Advertisement

I wonder if the "Platinum tickets" are having the same difficulties...

Got some offered on the computer eventually, lower 308. No thanks.

Seems to be working now. Options coming in pretty quick. All crap seats though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 CareerAdvice

Got tickets for this but can't zoom in on the seating plan to see exactly where I am, Can anyone send me a link to a large view of the seating chart? I think it's pitch seating...thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Got my tickets, I’m somewhere on the pitch but the prices for premium level were crazy

• Advertisement

Seating plan is crap, can't make out the seat numbers.

I've been offered middle of Lower 331 which isn't bad but still not worth €135 each

Now it's stalling up again.

I'll most likely end up waiting til closer to the event and hoping for people selling off cheap at short notice.

Where abouts are you looking for?

This gig would sell out easily if the ticket pricing structure made sense. Right now it's the same price to sit ten rows from the stage as it is ten rows back in the stand at the other end of the stadium.

Autosport wrote: »
    Where abouts are you looking for?

Floor 1, 2 or 3

Mid stand 203/504/505/506 or 530/531/532/533

Eventually got them but on 3 separate other ocassions I had the verify by visa and the page timed out.  So frustrating.  I got Block 2, Row Q so not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 tippbiffo

Tickets are just too dear I'm afraid..even the touts are backing away from this

MMur10k wrote: »
    Eventually got them but on 3 separate other ocassions I had the verify by visa and the page timed out.  So frustrating.  I got Block 2, Row Q so not too bad.

Any idea where? I was aiming for anywhere between 55-130 to be in the middle blocks. Although I think 2 is a bit further back so less important where you are.

tippbiffo wrote: »
    even the touts are backing away from this

Stacks up on Seatwave already.

Further than that DrPhilG unfortunately but better than the lower 303 which was a previous offer.

• Advertisement

I got block 3 which I’m hoping isn’t bad. I’m still on ticketmaster trying to maybe get better seats but it’s taking ages

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Block 3 pitch side so will take that.

Ooh, offered 3Z middle of the block. Tempting.

Never mind, fecker timed out and lost them

Pulled the trigger. Block 2 row U

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Over 100 quid to see that crroner :pac: the mind boggles. This won't sell out surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,409 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

tickets are expensive dont get me wrong but there not as dear as U2s tickets were for dis years show in the same venue and If the Rolling stones play there next year tickets will be even dearer :(:(:(. It just the way things are gone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

PTH2009 wrote: »
    tickets are expensive dont get me wrong but there not as dear as U2s tickets were for dis years show in the same venue and If the Rolling stones play there next year tickets will be even dearer :(:(:(. It just the way things are gone

You can't compare U2 to Buble ,U2 have a huge stage and massive production costs.
    Buble is charging 140 euro for some upper tier seats ,U2's most expensive were 115 I think.
    Buble only has one dedicated concert in Europe this year ,his stage will be a basic one ,no incentive to have a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,409 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Zardoz wrote: »
    You can't compare U2 to Buble ,U2 have a huge stage and massive production costs.
    Buble is charging 140 euro for some upper tier seats ,U2's most expensive were 115 I think.
    Buble only has one dedicated concert in Europe this year ,his stage will be a basic one ,no incentive to have a good one.

For my u2 ticket I paid €191 (well I got the collector ticket which made the total price €201) but in fairness was in the lower Hogan 333 and had a superb view and sound. Springsteen in 2016 was about €160 and I was in section 307

Buble also has a full orchestra to pay. I'm not saying that equates it but it's apples and oranges when it comes to performers and their justification of price.

Nobody has any idea how much things like the band, visuals, venue and staff cost on a gig by gig basis.

I'm not saying it's not a high price, but using another bands price as a comparison isn't transparent. Croke Park gigs are generally pretty pricey out the gate anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

At least the music of U2 and Rolling Stones has some artistic merit.

Advertisement