Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Buble - Croke Park - 7 July 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Grow up.

If you don't like his music then why go into a thread about his concert to bitch about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,178 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I took the wife to Buble in the O2, or may have already been the 3 arena at the time as a skeptic of his. Not expecting much and basically just doing that dutiful husband thing of taking her to see something I have no real interest in.

Was pleasantly surprised, audience interaction, good atmosphere, impressive vocals etc..... don't think I will enjoy Croke Park as much and the tickets are ridiculously priced imho, we are in lower cusack, 306. I assume the audience interaction level will drop except to those in front of him, too many people will be there. The sound for outdoor concerts is always a concern too, suffice to say this time I am doing the dutiful husband thing again but I am not dreading it completely. I expect to be entertained by him and I damn well better for the money!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 86,573 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What price the dearest ticket?

129.50 before any fee's/charges

I am sure there are dearer ones again but those are the standard ones. The tickemaster outlet in town was selling them for 139.50. A tenner of a booking fee like is all I can assume, it was actually marginally cheaper to get them online.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

"Platinum" tickets were €300-500.

And platinum pricing on Ticketmaster is basically them taking a handful of the good seats and touting them before they're even sold.

• Advertisement

I get 25% off Ticketmaster purchases via my bank so my tickets were about €100 each after discount.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    I get 25% off Ticketmaster purchases via my bank so my tickets were about €100 each after discount.

Which bank has that offer? Or is it something specific to an account you have or what? That is something that would come in very handy for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Which bank has that offer? Or is it something specific to an account you have or what? That is something that would come in very handy for me :)

Ulster Bank ufirst account (assuming it's the same as me). Unfortunately it's no longer offered to new customers in Ireland.

Yeah ufirst.

Costs €10 a month but I generally make that back each year in ticket discounts.

Plus I have other benefits like phone and travel insurance. Had to use the phone insurance a few months ago too.

Emeli Sandé announced as the support act.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 NickB1337

Any idea on stage times?

NickB1337 wrote: »
    Any idea on stage times?

Not yet. Id say they'll be released on Thursday

Is gates 6pm or 6.30pm?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is gates 6pm or 6.30pm?

6pm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Sad to say but I have never been to Croke Park so not sure on the best option when driving up there.

Park n ride from Red Cow to Abbey Street
      Try find parking near Croke Park

Maybe someone more familiar might have some advice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭leex

I'd recommend here for Croke Park events -

https://payments.eurocarparks.ie/materparking-booking

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

leex wrote: »
    I'd recommend here for Croke Park events -

https://payments.eurocarparks.ie/materparking-booking

From the website it says it’s located in Eccles street near mater private

Am I correct in saying that ?

FWIW id prefer to pay the extra and have secure parking so this looks the best place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭leex

From the website it says it’s located in Eccles street near mater private

Am I correct in saying that ?

Yes - just a couple of yards to Dorset St - Big Tree, Red Parrot etc.

https://www.eurocarparks.ie/materparking

• Registered Users Posts: 5,386 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I know for some concerts in Dublin, some of my friends park in Heuston and get the Luas into the city. But I'm not sure what time the carpark in Heuston is open until.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

IMO you would be mad to try and drive and park near Croker.
    Park at Luas and get that in, saves on all the hassle.

• Advertisement

Anybody remember what time he finished in the Aviva?

I'm getting the Dart back to Dun Laoghaire afterwards and the last one leaves at half 11.

Does new Luas line go near Croke Park?

Not a clue. I'm a culchie from Donegal heading to the big schmoke, lol.

Coming down Thursday to Sunday and staying in Dun Laoghaire.

Leap card is €20 for the 3 days so hopefully I can get a handy way back. To do it any later would mean a couple of different buses and 1 hour 15 minutes travelling.

Dart would be 40 minutes if I can make the half 11 one.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Does new Luas line go near Croke Park?

Parnell is the closest and is about a 20 minute walk from the stadium (possibly more depending on what entrance you're going in). Getting a luas after the gig though can be tough because of the crowds.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 gavinmurphy123

Anybody got an idea of a setlist of songs he’ll be singing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,386 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Anybody got an idea of a setlist of songs he’ll be singing?
    Ah what do you want to know that for?! Sure half the fun is hoping he's do such a song next!

I know Emile Sandé's the support act - but does anyone know if Naturally7 still tour with MB? I think they've performed at almost every MB concert I've been to and they are such talented guys.

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Ah what do you want to know that for?! Sure half the fun is hoping he's do such a song next!

I know Emile Sandé's the support act - but does anyone know if Naturally7 still tour with MB? I think they've performed at almost every MB concert I've been to and they are such talented guys.

No they're touring in Liechtenstein of all places on Saturday (according to their website). It is unusual though as the three or four times I've seen him previously, they've supported.

As regards the set list, you're right, I like the surprise. He hasn't played a full gig since December so there's no standard show set list, so thankfully could be anything and everything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Anybody remember what time he finished in the Aviva?

I'm getting the Dart back to Dun Laoghaire afterwards and the last one leaves at half 11.

You should make it, if you don't there's a 7N Nitelink that goes from D'Olier Street at midnight. Think your 3 day card includes Nitelink also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I know for some concerts in Dublin, some of my friends park in Heuston and get the Luas into the city. But I'm not sure what time the carpark in Heuston is open until.

Mon-Sat: 06:00 - 23:30
    Sun: 07:30 - 22:00

• Advertisement

I know Emile Sand the support act - but does anyone know if Naturally7 still tour with MB? I think they've performed at almost every MB concert I've been to and they are such talented guys.

Is she the only support act?

Advertisement