Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon Black Friday / Cyber Monday 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Called customer support earlier and they said it can't.

Ah my apologies, I read someone saying they did on HUKD.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭gymnipities

papu wrote: »
    Ah my apologies, I read someone saying they did on HUKD.:rolleyes:

I think I read it there too which is why I gave them a call. It may be that you can use discount codes with price reductions but can't use two discount codes at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,105 ✭✭✭Doge

Thanks a lot for posting this, that's the father's Christmas present sorted. Upgrading him from a Moto E which is constantly running out of storage despite using a microsd also for apps that can use expanded storage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Some negative feedback heading Amazons way this year. Plenty of scam artist this year on the site.
    You expect some it and it happenes everywhere. But the majority of the 40%> offers are scams and the product was never listed for the proce they say it was.

For example
    Fitness watcher

Most of the clothes, bags, small tech items were never the price they say they were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 390 ✭✭spr1nt3r

Amazon in general is getting overcrowded with 3rd parties. I would like to filter all site for just sold by Amazon. I also miss highest sold instead of their version of popular or trending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭djan

editorsean wrote: »
    This one seems to be the cheapest Pentium equipped laptop on Amazon, 14" screen, 4GB RAM, reasonably thin & light. The storage capacity is however limited at 64GB, but better than the 32GB of similarly priced models. £230 on Amazon, which seems to be on deal as it was £289 a few days ago going by the 3Camels.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B074JBQ5XB

Another option would be the following laptop at Argos, which also has a Pentium CPU, but with a 128GB SSD, 1 year Office 365 subscription and a carry case.

€350 (Ireland) - http://www.argos.ie/ProductDisplayTRK019?partNumber=7523683
    £279 (UK/Northern Ireland) - http://www.argos.co.uk/product/7543821

Definitely make sure to get a laptop with an ssd above all else if it's just for light office work. A Pentium procesor will be fine. Basically stay away from atom processors and old lowest Pentiums and make sure it has 4gb ram and an ssd drive. Check out laptopsdirect.ie for best value really.

I remember I got a touchscreen 14 laptop with an i3 4gb and 128gb ssd for 384eur so worth to go through their selection as well as the refurbs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭editorsean

iggy wrote: »
    Cheers. Think I'll go for the Amazon one. Is it decent enough for light work?
    It'll be adequate for light general office work such as Word processing and spreadsheets, web browsing, social media and streaming.

For offloading photos or video such as from a digital camera or phone, I strongly recommend getting an external hard drive. For editing such content, it'll be fine for basic photo editing such as minor touch-ups, cropping, etc. It will struggle with video editing. Many video editing suites such as Vegas Movie Studio will not install on the 32-bit OS that typically comes with low capacity laptops.

While the cheaper Atom and Celeron models are generally fine for light usage, they can become painfully slow when Windows 10, Office, etc. install updates in the background. This is particularly true for laptops that are intermittently used such as 2-3 times a month or less, leading to Windows installing a backlog of updates the next time it's switched on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Occono

Ugh, certain items I wanted are "Prime Only". Up yours Amazon and your apathy to small countries when you become the only place to get some stuff from *rambling*.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Occono wrote: »
    Ugh, certain items I wanted are "Prime Only". Up yours Amazon and your apathy to small countries when you become the only place to get some stuff from *rambling*.....

If you signed up before just use a different email address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

Picked up a Fire HD 8 tablet, great price for it.

Does anyone have any recommendations of a good value case to get for it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

jobless wrote:
    anyone spot any good deals on wireless headphones for gym?.... that wrap around your ears

Get the sound peats q9

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Is it normal not to have payment taken straight away?

Yea taken just before dispatch with amazon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭mikeysmith

gotthebug wrote: »

I started topping up the account and then pay from the top up

At least that way it's paid straightaway

Nabber wrote: »
    Some negative feedback heading Amazons way this year. Plenty of scam artist this year on the site.
    You expect some it and it happenes everywhere. But the majority of the 40%> offers are scams and the product was never listed for the proce they say it was.

For example
    Fitness watcher

Most of the clothes, bags, small tech items were never the price they say they were.

Too much junk on the site not as described and fake reviews

That can't be good for Amazon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

I've been watching Amazon all week and there hasn't been a single interesting bargain. Lots of crap in the under 20 quid bucket and noting that you wouldn't get a discount on any other day of the year.

None of the rest are any better mind you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Occono

If you signed up before just use a different email address.

Yeah I don't want the hassle of making a trial (and making a new email) every time. If I really need something and it's the only option I will but if it's for a deal I'll just pay more elsewhere (preferably an Irish-located retailer) out of spite.

Kurtosis wrote: »
    Picked up a Fire HD 8 tablet, great price for it.

Does anyone have any recommendations of a good value case to get for it?

This?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MoKo-All-New-Generation-Release-Lightweight-Black/dp/B072BY36JG/ref=sr_1_11?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1511550423&sr=1-11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭huntsman77

Lads looking at experia x on warehouse deals saying used very good what's the chances it pass for new as a present. Anyone any experience

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

If it does not say scratches on the item I'd take it, AMZ are very accurate with descriptions.
    I've had 4 deliveries of AMZ Warehouse deals I bought at midnight AM Monday morning so far and I only bought as new/very good.
    All are perfect, just packaging damage, all still sealed inside the box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭ablelocks

pah wrote: »
    I used to be able to view these deals in a list with the ones about to be released next as in ordered by the time the deal starts.

Am I missing something completely here because I can't seem to do that anymore

same here

i also don't see any of the prime only deals....

there is half price bepanthen cream tho' for anyone with nappy rash...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭huntsman77

Grand says could have scratches but less than 0.6 mill in length it was highest grade in warehouse without buying new so hoping like you said maybe just packaging damaged or that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I've been looking for a samsung tablet for herself today, any ideas??

Currys have a decent deal on the S2 got one for the aul mother in law

I've been watching Amazon all week and there hasn't been a single interesting bargain. Lots of crap in the under 20 quid bucket and noting that you wouldn't get a discount on any other day of the year.

None of the rest are any better mind you.

Horses for courses, I got 22 items from my huge and constant basket and all great value.
    Highlights were
    8tb external hard drive for £134 (I think, lots in that order)
    Moto G5S plus for €201
    Moto G4 as new for £78
    Morphy Richards soup maker as new for £36
    Used heat gun for £14
    Used micro chip cat flap £34

All the above I was going to buy for XMas anyhow so saved a good sum.
    Also got lots of books as used and 20% off prices

All I'm after now is a nVidia GTX 1060 GPU then I'm done, will get it by Cyber Monday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭54and56

Can someone help me identify the device I need?

I use a Win 10 laptop with Dropbox for all documents and Google to host email for work and personal stuff 24/7 but when travelling on flights i order to keep thing light and simple (hand luggage only) so use my android phone and an old Nexus tablet with a Bluetooth keyboard which between them allow me to watch movies/TV series, keep up to date with and respond to email, review documents etc. but whilst the the Android tablet is grand for watching movies and reading news etc online it's very poor for work related tasks so I'm thinking about getting a low cost Win 10 Notebook like this £150 bargain but I don't know if that's a good deal/bad deal, good idea/bad idea.

If there is someone here with a combination of Amazon Black Friday bargain knowledge and up to date portable Notebook type options I'd sure appreciate a steer. I don't want to jump in and buy something which I'll quickly regret or which won't suit my needs.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Is it normal not to have payment taken straight away?

Thanks, I bought too after your post. 201 and 8 for shipping pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Got a delonghi coffee machine, 89 £ when I put in my basket this morning. Came back in afternoon and it was gone up to 139£ and sold out. But when I went to basket I was able to buy for 89£ but no shipping date. Anyone know if this will eventually be cancelled or take forever to deliver?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭digiman

I'm looking for 6 * E14 Hue colour, best price I seem to see is to buy them individually at £40 each.

Also looking for 4 * GU10 Hue colour, again best price I can see is for 3 GU10 starter pack with the Hue bridge for £90 which is a good price also but then to buy one more it costs £50

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Ambience-Wireless-Lighting-Changing/dp/B0152WXDOA/ref=sr_1_2?s=clothing&ie=UTF8&qid=1511551170&sr=8-2&keywords=gu10%2Bhue&th=1

Anyone see any better prices anywhere else or on the other amazon sites?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Reati

slave1 wrote: »
    All I'm after now is a nVidia GTX 1060 GPU then I'm done, will get it by Cyber Monday

There was one of those going earlier iirc!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

I use a Win 10 laptop with Dropbox for all documents and Google to host email for work and personal stuff 24/7 but when travelling on flights i order to keep thing light and simple (hand luggage only) so use my android phone and an old Nexus tablet with a Bluetooth keyboard which between them allow me to watch movies/TV series, keep up to date with and respond to email, review documents etc. but whilst the the Android tablet is grand for watching movies and reading news etc online it's very poor for work related tasks so I'm thinking about getting a low cost Win 10 Notebook like this £150 bargain but I don't know if that's a good deal/bad deal, good idea/bad idea.

If there is someone here with a combination of Amazon Black Friday bargain knowledge and up to date portable Notebook type options I'd sure appreciate a steer. I don't want to jump in and buy something which I'll quickly regret or which won't suit my needs.

Cheers.

Sounds to me like you need an iPad tbh. I bought the iPad pro and more or less stopped carrying a laptop with me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Got a delonghi coffee machine, 89 £ when I put in my basket this morning. Came back in afternoon and it was gone up to 139£ and sold out. But when I went to basket I was able to buy for 89£ but no shipping date. Anyone know if this will eventually be cancelled or take forever to deliver?

Reati wrote: »
    There was one of those going earlier iirc!

It went back up in price, hopefully with Cyber Monday the deals will be more PC centric

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Don Kiddick

gotthebug wrote: »

Dunno, I bought 2 items yesterday on Amazon and my online banking had the payments showing inside 10 mins... still no sign of the moto g5s+ showing 8 hours later..

Cheers.

here's a couple of video reviews on that.
    one positive, one negative. could be ok for basic stuff but certainly not perfect.
    pretty cramped keyboard due to the size so you could be better going for an 11.6 or 12 inch model
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZN_6H9b-cn8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrDHJK9UYpU

this would be a better option I think from an actual known manufacturer for 140 euro
    https://www.laptopsdirect.ie/refurbished-acer-aspire-es1-132-11.6-intel-celeron-n3350-4gb-32gb-emmc-win-a1-nx.ghlek.001/version.asp
    has 4gb of ram, as opposed to 2gb which would make a big difference in terms of running items smoothly. also celeron is better than atom.
    it's still light at 1.2kg . wouldn't be worried about refurbished aspect.
    here's a review of that model (but with 2gb ram).
    https://www.notebookcheck.net/Acer-Aspire-ES1-131-Notebook-Review.146308.0.html
    go to verdict at bottom.
    seems like it's what you're looking for and cheaper than amazon option even.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭ongarite

digiman wrote: »
    I'm looking for 6 * E14 Hue colour, best price I seem to see is to buy them individually at £40 each.

Also looking for 4 * GU10 Hue colour, again best price I can see is for 3 GU10 starter pack with the Hue bridge for £90 which is a good price also but then to buy one more it costs £50

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Ambience-Wireless-Lighting-Changing/dp/B0152WXDOA/ref=sr_1_2?s=clothing&ie=UTF8&qid=1511551170&sr=8-2&keywords=gu10%2Bhue&th=1

Anyone see any better prices anywhere else or on the other amazon sites?

Check Amazon France, they are cheaper today for some starter kits and individual bulbs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01C89H12K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Anker Premium 5-Port 60W USB Wall Charger down to £25.59 from £34.99 lightning deal

This is one of the few chargers that get a good review from Benson Leung.

For those that do not know, Benson Leung is a Google Engineer on the Pixel team. He is very passionate about the USB-C standards and is reviewing various cables an chargers on Amazon to help clarify those that are.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vnpEXfo2HCGADdd9G2x9dMDWqENiY2kgBJUu29f_TX8/edit#gid=0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Nabber wrote: »

For example
    Fitness watcher

Looking at https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/EFOSHM-Wireless-Activity-Fitness-Wristband-Black/product/B01CI3UBXM it was once higher.

I'm finding a few "Just Launched" sellers with super low prices from maybe 8 items. Two have disappeared since this morning.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭ongarite

Good price on desiccant dehumidifier:
    EcoAir DD112FW for £129
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/EcoAir-DD122FW-MK5-Classic-Desiccant-Dehumidifier/dp/B008BZVCVM

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mexicanking

ongarite wrote: »
    EcoAir DD112FW for £129
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/EcoAir-DD122FW-MK5-Classic-Desiccant-Dehumidifier/dp/B008BZVCVM

Yes, the best price that I have seen. I bought one last month for #175:mad:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

ongarite wrote: »
    EcoAir DD112FW for £129

Thanks, bought two today for family. I've one myself, they are fantastic for drying clothes indoors this time of year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭Gun Monkey

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01BHW1KQW/ref=twister_B01F32KB4O

These any good? Its looks to be discounted quite a bit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭JimPa

Gun Monkey wrote: »
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01BHW1KQW/ref=twister_B01F32KB4O

These any good? Its looks to be discounted quite a bit!

https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Tefal-ActiFry-Low-Fat-Fryer/product/B01BHW1KQW

It was over 20 quid cheaper last November

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

JimPa wrote: »

Any time machine deals?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

Are Dehumidifiers like this heavy on electricity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭JimPa

Any time machine deals?

Well if you find one you can make a better contribution.

• Advertisement

jay0109 wrote: »
    Are Dehumidifiers like this heavy on electricity?

They're not cheap

They should be a last resort when dealing with condensation issues

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement