Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon Black Friday / Cyber Monday 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

JimPa wrote: »
    Well if you find one you can make a better contribution.

I'll let you know if i do because i'd be able to go back a year and buy one so I could give a review. I'd like to be able to say if I got it too cheap at 20 quid less than today. Thanks for your input.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

jay0109 wrote: »
    Are Dehumidifiers like this heavy on electricity?
    My usage over the last 7 days. If anyone wants to work it out 😜

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Hooray it works

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Any time machine deals?

I found one but I'm not sure if it really works. I'll try it out and let you know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

jay0109 wrote: »
    Are Dehumidifiers like this heavy on electricity?

The linked one is 580w so at full blast it should cost about 12c per hour (https://purchase.ie/electric-appliances-cost-run). Like most of them that one adapts based on the humidity in the room so should only run at full power if it needs to.

You only need it less than half the year so at 4 hours a day it shouldn't really cost more that €50 even with heavy usage.

That's ignoring the costs it will save you in heating etc. - air temperature can increase 5-10 degrees, clothes dry faster and there should be a lot less tumble dryer usage. I would say all in all it should actually pay for itself electricity-wise over the course of a year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Also dehumidifiers don’t cause as much stress to clothes as a tumble drier. Less risk of shrinkage too.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I have the above Dehumidifier and being the super geek I am I stuck an energy monitor on it for a month and got the following numbers:

Power usage for different settings:
    3 shirts: 591w
    2 shirts: 316w
    1 drop: 30.3w
    2 drop: 591w

Past 30 days daily average: 0.81kwh
    Past 30 days total consumption: 24.4kwh

Do remember that a tumble dryer would use the same or more power. We use ours religiously, an apartment with nowhere to dry outside, so this is a god send.

An important point is that it protects you from mould which can end up costing a fortune to fix by comparison. Our neighbours never used one and always dried her clothes indoors, loads of mould everywhere. We use this and zero mould. Focusing on the cost of electricity can be an expensive mistake in the long term.

And as Nabber says above, clothes seem to last way longer too, nice bonus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

How often does the desiccant need replacing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Guffy

bk wrote: »
    I have the above Dehumidifier and being the super geek I am I stuck an energy monitor on it for a month and got the following numbers:

Power usage for different settings:
    3 shirts: 591w
    2 shirts: 316w
    1 drop: 30.3w
    2 drop: 591w

Past 30 days daily average: 0.81kwh
    Past 30 days total consumption: 24.4kwh

Do remember that a tumble dryer would use the same or more power. We use ours religiously, an apartment with nowhere to dry outside, so this is a god send.

An important point is that it protects you from mould which can end up costing a fortune to fix by comparison. Our neighbours never used one and always dried her clothes indoors, loads of mould everywhere. We use this and zero mould. Focusing on the cost of electricity can be an expensive mistake in the long term.

And as Nabber says above, clothes seem to last way longer too, nice bonus.

Wait... you can use these to dry clothes!!!! Mind = blown

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Guffy wrote: »
    Wait... you can use these to dry clothes!!!! Mind = blown

Yes, it is amazing for this. It specifically has a clothes drying setting, it blows hot air at the clothes while also sucking the moisture generated by the clothes out of the air.

It does take time, we usually just leave ours on overnight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

ongarite wrote: »
    Good price on desiccant dehumidifier:
    EcoAir DD112FW for £129
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/EcoAir-DD122FW-MK5-Classic-Desiccant-Dehumidifier/dp/B008BZVCVM

We purchased this exact model last year for €115 at Buyitdirect.ie
    The same model was about £130 Sterling on Amazon at the time.
    It's used in a rented apartment and our tenant swears by it. He uses it to dry clothes indoors as nowhere to hang stuff outside.

It's worth shopping around for one as we found Amazon to be a bit more expensive than others at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

Nabber wrote: »
    Also dehumidifiers don’t cause as much stress to clothes as a tumble drier. Less risk of shrinkage too.

...and by the time i convince myself (and the misses) that it's a smart purchase, the deal is gone!

here's to another winter of cleaning mold off the window frames! but i have an extra echo dot, a wifi plug and a 1TB HDD to keep me toasty this winter!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

yoshimitsu wrote: »
    ...and by the time i convince myself (and the misses) that it's a smart purchase, the deal is gone!

here's to another winter of cleaning mold off the window frames! but i have an extra echo dot, a wifi plug and a 1TB HDD to keep me toasty this winter!

Similar unit here.
    Looks like a good deal.

https://www.buyitdirect.ie/p/amcor-8l-desiccant-dehumidifier-with-ioniser-and-power-saving-humidistat-for-up-to-5-bed-house-am-dd8l

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

I’m getting tempted by one of these
    Didn’t know they had a clothes drying function

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Milliehollie

That one that was on special on Amazon yesterday seems to be only €167 on buyitdirect. I'm tempted also. What would delivery times be on buyitdirect and is customer service as good as Amazon. Had never even heard of this company before this thread. Just want to make sure they are reputable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

Thanks all for the advice. I pulled the trigger on it last night just before the deal ended. And a digital humidity/temp device also.

This ahs been the most expensive Black Friday ever in our house!

having read up on it now fully I want one !!!!
    If it helps with allergies, drying clothes and heating room its money well spent.
    Will keep it in basket and hope for a price drop

Dont seem to stock this brand in currys or argos???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Also fully committed to buying a dehumidifier all of a sudden :pac:

keane2097 wrote: »
    Also fully committed to buying a dehumidifier all of a sudden :pac:

You should buy 2 and since it's Christmas I'll gladly accept your kind gift;)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

That one that was on special on Amazon yesterday seems to be only €167 on buyitdirect. I'm tempted also. What would delivery times be on buyitdirect and is customer service as good as Amazon. Had never even heard of this company before this thread. Just want to make sure they are reputable!
    I bought a humidifier off them a few months ago so yes a reputable company and delivery was swift

casio4 wrote: »
    I bought a humidifier off them a few months ago so yes a reputable companion and delivery was swift
    hopefully they reduce it soon so :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭mikeysmith

Is there likely to be deals on dehumidifiers tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭editorsean

mikeysmith wrote: »
    Is there likely to be deals on dehumidifiers tomorrow?
    I got this Lightning Deal announcement by e-mail of the Igenix IG9807 desiccant dehumidifier (link) to start today at 4:30pm. So far it not listed on their Black Friday upcoming deals yet.

ZZYkRZ0.png

Going by the 3Camels, it fell to £110 during last year's Black Friday deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭noel50

ttps://www.buyitdirect.ie/p/meaco-dd8l-8l-desiccant-dehumidifier-with-humidistat-and-ioniser-for-up-to-5-bed-house-2-year-warranty-dd8l

i got this hope it helps know its not amazon

editorsean wrote: »
    I got this Lightning Deal announcement by e-mail of the Igenix IG9807 desiccant dehumidifier (link) to start today at 4:30pm. So far it not listed on their Black Friday upcoming deals yet.

ZZYkRZ0.png

Going by the 3Camels, it fell to £110 during last year's Black Friday deals.

Doesn’t seem to have dry clothes with hot air option

Will that deal be there tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

km79 wrote: »
    Doesn’t seem to have dry clothes with hot air option

Hot air isn't optional with a desiccant dehumidifire its a byproduct of the process of removing the moisture from the core. On quickdry it uses 630w so heat output will be almost identical to meaco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

That one is going to be £125.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,531 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I really think people are getting OTT on the clothes drying.

All humidifiers, and other electrical equipment as my tv/soundsystem etc can attest), heat the room they are in as a by product.

It won't do it significantly faster than if you left them on the clothes horse overnight, it really is the fact it takes the moisture out of the air that is significant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭smilerf

I think this thread should be renamed Air Fryers and Dehumidifiers bargains lol

When does the warehouse deal end?

I put something in my basket from the warehouse now , will it be there in the morning and I can still claim the 20% discount?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

When does the warehouse deal end?

I put something in my basket from the warehouse now , will it be there in the morning and I can still claim the 20% discount?

On November 20th, 2017 from 00:01 BST till November 27th, 2017 at 23:59 BST only, Amazon customers get a 20% discount off of all products from Amazon Warehouse Deals. The 20% discount will be subtracted automatically at checkout. All participating products can be found in the Amazon Warehouse Deal's store. Not valid in combination with other discounts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭54and56

Hi all,

I'm interested in upgrading my work desk to a dual screen setup.

Any suggestions for good value dual screen arm and a couple 0of screens (26" to max 30") would be much appreciated.

This is the best value arm I can see in the Warehouse - this at £53 seems to be the best value armand this 27" monitor seems to be the best value monitor at £129.

If I went with the above I'd be up and running for £311 (€350) + delivery.

Any feedback / suggestions for alternatives? I'd spend a few more Euro if I could get 30" monitors into the mix.

FYI I'm primarily using the monitors for office type work + viewing video/media type content etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Hi all,

Any suggestions for good value dual screen arm and a couple 0of screens (26" to max 30") would be much appreciated.

This is the best value arm I can see in the Warehouse - this at £53 seems to be the best value armand this 27" monitor seems to be the best value monitor at £129.

Any feedback / suggestions for alternatives? I'd spend a few more Euro if I could get 30" monitors into the mix.

FYI I'm primarily using the monitors for office type work + viewing video/media type content etc.

I bought a LG 34UC88 from the warehouse when the deal went live and I have to say it's a very impressive monitor. 34" ultrawide curved. It's a perfect size.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Hi all,

I personally wouldn't go for a 27" monitor unless it was at least QHD, even if you wouldn't be gaming. Because you are so close to it, it makes quite a difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Review time.

Been using two K242HL for 3 years, actually had three and sold the third one as I needed the desk space.

Solid budget monitor. Don't expect miracles but not a single issue or dead pixel on any of them.

• Advertisement

sdanseo wrote: »
    Review time.

Been using two K242HL for 3 years, actually had three and sold the third one as I needed the desk space.

Solid budget monitor. Don't expect miracles but not a single issue or dead pixel on any of them.

was going to buy but i don't need it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Thanks - ordered the last one - will enjoy docking up my laptop to the screen and working from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Cyber Monday deals up, basically 90% of them are rehashes of what has already been up during the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

km79 wrote: »

Good brand, decent size practical to carry tank compared to a lot of home dehumidifiers. Its a compressor dehumidifier though so not good for unheated spaces in winter e.g. shed, garage, holiday home, campervan, caravan, boat etc.

any 24 inch or 27 inch pc monitor deals with hdmi going to recommend? thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

Fitbit Charge 2 Activity Tracker with Wrist Based Heart Rate Monitor - Lavender/Large https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01M1HYCUB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fV3gAbBG3Y392

£111 for Fitbit charge 2 special edition in lavender/gold.
    Had this ordered on Friday for £130. Cancelled and reordered.

glasso wrote: »
    any 24 inch or 27 inch pc monitor deals with hdmi going to recommend? thanks.

In the warehouse 20% off

Good brand, decent size practical to carry tank compared to a lot of home dehumidifiers. Its a compressor dehumidifier though so not good for unheated spaces in winter e.g. shed, garage, holiday home, campervan, caravan, boat etc.

Is it as good at purifying air as the eco air one ?? Can’t see mention of any filter ? We both suffer from sinuses at times so this is a big reason for getting one

Theres a meaco 20L compressor type going cheap in the warehouse

Was going to buy it but tbh there's better way of solving damp problems than buying these

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement