Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon Black Friday / Cyber Monday 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

I have amazon prime and an item i'm after is considerably cheaper on amazon.it , however, i'm logged in on amazon.it and it says the item is reserved for Prime Members.

Presumably my UK Prime membership does not count? Frustrating...

Best

open a new account and you will get a free prime trial, order item and close your prime trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭georgewickstaff

Blacktie. wrote: »
    I still have no idea what you where talking about when you ended with best.

Best wishes, Best regards, All the best can be abbreviated on an informal communication to 'Best'.

I hope this has proved useful to you on the Amazon Black Friday / Cyber Monday 2017 thread.

Best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Best wishes, Best regards, All the best can be abbreviated on an informal communication to 'Best'.

I hope this has proved useful to you on the Amazon Black Friday / Cyber Monday 2017 thread.

Best

Right... just a little odd to be used in a forum where posts are more like conversations, unlike emails which do feature a closing

Kind regards

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭georgewickstaff

mrcheez wrote: »
    Right... just a little odd to be used in a forum where posts are more like conversations, unlike emails which do feature a closing

Kind regards

Hardly odd and not really worthy of all this discussion. Apologies to those with alerts set up for this thread.

With every good wish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

These Anker Bluetooth headphones on a lightning deal for stg 20.00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Kind regards

All the kind can be abbreviated on an informal communication to 'Kind'.

Kind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jinkybhoy

These Anker Bluetooth headphones on a lightning deal for stg 20.00

i don't need them but i want to buy them - my credit card can't take much more!!!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,105 ✭✭✭Doge

GY A1 wrote: »
    How's this fair versus sound core boost

Should be inferior sound quality wise to the Soundcore boost.

12W Vs 20W in the boost. Not that the wattage gives us a lot of info but it the boost will be more powerful.

The biggest pro of the Soundcore 2 is battery life.
    Upto 24 hours Vs 12 hours in the boost.

The best way to compare them is use your ears on oluvs /clavinetjunkie's database, you can listen back to 2 recordings and switch between the audio

Be sure to use high quality headphones or speakers:

http://switcher.oluvsgadgets.net/?vidone=Ek6iYzdON0M&vidtwo=ccjx3hTmX4o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

For all you Prime members just a reminder that £10 off your first Pantry order (over £30 and must go to UK address) expires after tomorrow.
    Code is Pantry10 and it's also quite easy to get free delivery when purchasing the right items.

Doge wrote: »
    The best way to compare them is use your ears on oluvs /clavinetjunkie's database, you can listen back to 2 recordings and switch between the audio

Be sure to use high quality headphones or speakers:

http://switcher.oluvsgadgets.net/?vidone=Ek6iYzdON0M&vidtwo=ccjx3hTmX4o

Just listened myself out of curiousity and the boost absolutely blows away the Soundcore 2. Full bodied bass versus almost non existent bass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I meticulously went through that site months back during summer. From the comparisons there and then checking in Curry's I reckoned the Bose and JBL Flip 4 were the best for my tastes. Got the JBL and am really happy with it. Sounds great and charge lasted for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

slave1 wrote: »
    For all you Prime members just a reminder that £10 off your first Pantry order (over £30 and must go to UK address) expires after tomorrow.
    Code is Pantry10 and it's also quite easy to get free delivery when purchasing the right items.

Just closed my 1st order...! Got a few products that are not available in Ireland (imported food from Italy, Spain, States), a few goods that were quite a bit cheaper than tesco and a few morejust because...got to get that box filled up to near 100%! Stupid Amazon...!
    Got the £10 off plus the free delivery which is worth it as the products you can add to get it are near the cost of the delivery charge per se.
    Anyway, getting it through PW. Will be here Monday/Tuesday. Lets see how it works

hmm... good way to get cheap Dolce Gusto pods perhaps?

yoshimitsu wrote: »
    Just closed my 1st order...! Got a few products that are not available in Ireland (imported food from Italy, Spain, States), a few goods that were quite a bit cheaper than tesco and a few morejust because...got to get that box filled up to near 100%! Stupid Amazon...!
    Got the £10 off plus the free delivery which is worth it as the products you can add to get it are near the cost of the delivery charge per se.
    Anyway, getting it through PW. Will be here Monday/Tuesday. Lets see how it works

I only filled it 20 odd percent, only wanted to get over the £30 mark and as you said just as cheap to get the promo items for free shipping as to pay for the shipping.
    Could be very tempting to keep filling!!!!!!

I only filled it 20 odd percent, only wanted to get over the £30 mark and as you said just as cheap to get the promo items for free shipping as to pay for the shipping.
    Could be very tempting to keep filling!!!!!!

were you able to get 4 items totalling 2.99 ? They all seem to be £2 each

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

Anyone had a long delay in having an amazon order dispatched lately? I've one ordered over a week ago that was scheduled to be delivered by now but hasn't even dispatched yet.

alb wrote: »
    Anyone had a long delay in having an amazon order dispatched lately? I've one ordered over a week ago that was scheduled to be delivered by now but hasn't even dispatched yet.

Nothing that long, if I were you'd I'd contact customer service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 858 ✭✭✭raxy

alb wrote: »

I have. Part of my order wasn't even marked ready for dispatch until 9 days after I placed the order.
    I've noticed a similar trend in other orders & wonder if amazon are deliberately delaying orders to make prime more attractive.

I managed to get a samsung S7 from amazon.it for €350. after placing the order it said expected to dispatch in 3 - 6 weeks

The JBL Charge 2+ is down to £80 on amazon.co.uk at the moment, out of stock at the moment but with an expected restock on the 5th of December:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00XPUSAJ0?pf_rd_p=9daa0afc-fa5f-4673-9ff4-e926d27e7d1b&pf_rd_r=VGHAR892ZNFCJH1RDSQK

Lowest price ever recorded on camelcamelcamel:

amazon.png?force=1&zero=0&w=725&h=440&desired=false&legend=1&ilt=1&tp=all&fo=0&lang=en

Should have much better battery life and sound than the Anker Soundcore Boost.

I snagged the JBL Pulse 2 on Zavvi for €80 recently but it seems to be out of stock now, can't wait to test it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭deadimmortal

raxy wrote: »
    I have. Part of my order wasn't even marked ready for dispatch until 9 days after I placed the order.
    I've noticed a similar trend in other orders & wonder if amazon are deliberately delaying orders to make prime more attractive.

I managed to get a samsung S7 from amazon.it for €350. after placing the order it said expected to dispatch in 3 - 6 weeks

Yeah some of my items are taking for ever to be dispatched, order placed 4 days ago still hasnt updated to being dispatched....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

raxy wrote: »

ive various orders later than usual
    all with Prime

Cheers for this, stocked up on Dolce Gusto pods which ended up around €3.20 each taking into account Parcel Wizard charge too

Nice saving of around €20 what I would have spent buying them here, plus some strong flavours you can't get here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Snow Crash

I ordered a 24 pack of Nestle Milkybar Polar Bear Cubs for £0.66 a week ago just to get over the free delivery limit. I figured it was probably only a single chocolate figure or a price error but a full tray box of them arrived today, there also still in date for a year so quite the bargain:D

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00HIMEC2K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Advertisement

Snow Crash wrote: »
    I ordered a 24 pack of Nestle Milkybar Polar Bear Cubs for £0.66 a week ago just to get over the free delivery limit. I figured it was probably only a single chocolate figure or a price error but a full tray box of them arrived today, there also still in date for a year so quite the bargain:D

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00HIMEC2K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The multi packs seem to be treated as "one" item now, so you need to purchase 4 x packs to get the free delivery.

I just ended up getting 4 x Oral B tubes, as you can never have too much toothpaste, plus ended up cheap overall when the £2.99 plus extra £0.50 deducted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭mad m

Snow Crash wrote: »

Give ya 33 pence for half a box. Wife works in a school so kids gets a treat at Xmas. :D

were you able to get 4 items totalling 2.99 ? They all seem to be £2 each

No, but as they were chocolate not really an issue, they won’t last long in this house...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Ordered a TV for the old pair from the Warrhouse during the 20% off promo. It was advertised as 'Used - Very good' but arrived missing a stand and power cable. Got on to Amazon and they are offering a refund but I'm reluctant to take it as the promotion has ended and won't get anything for the same price.

Anyone had any similar situation with the warehouse and did you manage to get an additional discount or even the missing parts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Doodee wrote: »
    Ordered a TV for the old pair from the Warrhouse during the 20% off promo. It was advertised as 'Used - Very good' but arrived missing a stand and power cable. Got on to Amazon and they are offering a refund but I'm reluctant to take it as the promotion has ended and won't get anything for the same price.

Anyone had any similar situation with the warehouse and did you manage to get an additional discount or even the missing parts?

Ask them to refund the difference of how much it would be to buy the cable and stand. I was missing a cable/s from a LCD PC screen this year, had one spare cable that suited, got refunded 25€ off it. They don't want it coming back.

Look up the price and send them links via chat, they are fairly alright to deal with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭random.stranger

If the stand isn't available to purchase on their site as a seperate item, they may not be able to get you one. If you were willing to hang it on the wall, suggesting a suitable vesa wall bracket might do the trick, they are usually priced reasonably on the site, cheaper than the price to post a tv back.

You won’t get the parts off Amazon, best route if you want to keep the TV is to start a chat with them outlining the miss8ng parts and then let them offer a partial refund, these refunds are generally very generous in my experience

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,966 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Yeah i got a warehouse TV too and it was "used with a mark larger than 3.5cm". It arrived with a 27cm scratch across the screen. Got onto Amazon and after offering a full refund to return it, i asked for a partial refund to keep it. They offered 20% more (£85). I said maybe, if it was £100 Amazon credit i'd be happy! and got it as a one time offer!!.

A PS4 showed up a few days later without the bundled game and power cable and they refunded me 15%.

So get back on to them you should be able to get 15-20% partial refund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Yeah i got a warehouse TV too and it was "used with a mark larger than 3.5cm". It arrived with a 27cm scratch across the screen. Got onto Amazon and after offering a full refund to return it, i asked for a partial refund to keep it. They offered 20% more (£85). I said maybe, if it was £100 Amazon credit i'd be happy! and got it as a one time offer!!.

A PS4 showed up a few days later without the bundled game and power cable and they refunded me 15%.

Well that doesn't fill me with confidence for buying Warehouse products.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

But why did you want to keep the telly with that kind of scratch even at 75% of price you paid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

My delonghi coffee machine arrived perfect condition but an empty box where the descaler should be. A quick chat and I got 20% refund of £30 making it a bargaintastic £120.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

If the stand isn't available to purchase on their site as a seperate item, they may not be able to get you one. If you were willing to hang it on the wall, suggesting a suitable vesa wall bracket might do the trick, they are usually priced reasonably on the site, cheaper than the price to post a tv back.

Check adverts too for wall mounts. I got one recently on there brand new and still in its wrapper for less than half the retail price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,966 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

jmorrisey wrote: »
    But why did you want to keep the telly with that kind of scratch even at 75% of price you paid

Once it's turned on, I can't really even see it unless I go right up to the screen. Sitting down i can't notice it at all.

4k 49" Sony Bravia for €360. I'll live with the scratch. PS4 Pro then was €215.

That Sony will have chromecast built in too but Sony poor on alerting owners to the fact

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭huddlejonny

Explain to them that it will cost you a small fortune to return it.

Got an Airfryer from them brand new and the box was re-sellotaped. Took a picture of it and sent it on and they refunded 20%.. anytime there is anything wrong with a product or even prime deliveries that take over a week to arrive I contact CS. They always give something back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

km79 wrote: »
    ive various orders later than usual
    all with Prime

Same, I ordered something in mid October, supposed to arrive on the 10th of Novemebr, still no sign of it. Most of my orders have been estimated incorrectly. The estimated delivery is way out of whack, don't rely on it. Amazon logistics is also muck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Is the pantry box only for full prime membership ? Have a trial and everything is showing out of stock,I mean everything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Is the pantry box only for full prime membership ? Have a trial and everything is showing out of stock,I mean everything

Same happened me last night so didn't bother

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I tried the Pantry using my last trial and gave up trying to add things to it "Doesn't post to your address(Northern Ireland)" so I gave up trying.

The prices are good but I'm not going to sit there filling 100%+ of a box just to get deals on stuff like dishwasher tablets and selection boxes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭nc6000

Got on to Amazon

Can you please tell me how you contacted them?

I bought a pair of Beats headphones from the Warehouse which were described as "Like New" and I received yesterday. The headphones themselves are in perfect condition however they came with a crappy cable and not the original Beats one.

I'm happy to keep the headphones as they were a bargain but I can only find an automated returns page, I'd rather talk to an agent on chat and see if I can get a partial refund which would cover the cost of buying a proper cable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,087 ✭✭✭bren2001

nc6000 wrote: »
    Can you please tell me how you contacted them?

I bought a pair of Beats headphones from the Warehouse which were described as "Like New" and I received yesterday. The headphones themselves are in perfect condition however they came with a crappy cable and not the original Beats one.

I'm happy to keep the headphones as they were a bargain but I can only find an automated returns page, I'd rather talk to an agent on chat and see if I can get a partial refund which would cover the cost of buying a proper cable.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/contact-us

And just click through until you see the chat option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭nc6000

bren2001 wrote: »
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/contact-us

And just click through until you see the chat option.

Thanks, how did I not spot that. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

None of my orders placed between the 14th and 26th have even dispatched yet. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

None of my orders placed between the 14th and 26th have even dispatched yet. :mad:

Tell them by contacting them that it is not acceptable to wait this long and you'd like to request expedited shipping at their own costs. Normally they oblige.

They'll normally blame things like "oh we're waiting for stock from other warehouses" which is pure crap because they're always sending out split order even though you request "group my items".

• Advertisement

No, I'm on a trial and ordered one yesterday no problem to PM
    Berty wrote: »
    I tried the Pantry using my last trial and gave up trying to add things to it "Doesn't post to your address(Northern Ireland)" so I gave up trying.

The prices are good but I'm not going to sit there filling 100%+ of a box just to get deals on stuff like dishwasher tablets and selection boxes.

No need to fill 100%, I just filled it 20 odd percent to get to the £30 mark for the £10 off.
    Everything I wanted was in stock and shipped to NI, then again it was simply a treat box of mostly chocolates:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement