Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon Black Friday / Cyber Monday 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

None of my orders placed between the 14th and 26th have even dispatched yet. :mad:

I ended up cancelling a few orders and reordering with expedited shipping. some prices dropped further so im not out of pocket. over a week and nothing was dispatched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭kingoffifa

HI,
    Sorry for being slightly off topic, but had anyone complained about them splitting up orders even though you request for least amount of Package possible?
    I hadn't ordered anything off amazon in a while so assumed it would be business as usual. I put in 3 separate orders for maybe 25 item total and so far they have sent 8 separate fir roughly 20 of those items. I did specify as few packages as possible when ordering for each order.

I used address pal thinking I'd get 4 or 5 boxes max.

It's looking like I'll end up losing any savings I did have to address pal!

Also did anyone not actually get the price they were quoted on black Friday? Three items so far are way more than I was quoted when I put the order thru?

Have ti say is the first order I've ever had go wrong with them. Laughing that the few items I bought on black Friday deals seem to have been charged full whack for!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

tried pantry again, everything is currently unavailable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

kingoffifa wrote: »
    HI,
    Sorry for being slightly off topic, but had anyone complained about them splitting up orders even though you request for least amount of Package possible?
    I hadn't ordered anything off amazon in a while so assumed it would be business as usual. I put in 3 separate orders for maybe 25 item total and so far they have sent 8 separate fir roughly 20 of those items. I did specify as few packages as possible when ordering for each order.

I used address pal thinking I'd get 4 or 5 boxes max. It's looking like I'll end up losing any savings I did have to address pal!

I fought with chat representatives last night after an order that clearly said 2 deliveries on the checkout screen and again in the email was dispatched in 3. Using parcel motel so that's another €4 charge. Got a £5 credit, more because the agents were bloody useless than as an apology for splitting the order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

HI,

Yes everytime. Got refunded £3.60 on 2 and then got given £5 on another and also got them to cancel and ship it to Ireland on another and for them to write off the delivery charge(3rd party seller)

Although I've to go out of my way to ask for it I said "your email says we've decided to ship this item early so you won't have to wait" and I said "I choose to wait by grouping them together, you shouldn't do that" and when they say "oh but there are different warehouses" you can say "well the e-mail doesn't say that, it says we are shipping it now so you don't have to wait"

They hate me but also love me as I spend £100s of per year BUT I don't even let a stray sticker on an item get passed me(had some location stickers on a delivery recently hand written stickers that left a mark when removed) :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

just got £10 credit from them for the parcels being split, happy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

hots wrote: »
    just got £10 credit from them for the parcels being split, happy enough.

It’s time to go to work on this !

Thanks lads and lassies!
    Looks like I opened a big can of worms too fir amazon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

These Sennheisers are getting a ton of heat on HDUK. Prime only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,891 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

sweetie wrote: »

I got a pair of these for my PSVR back in the day, highly recommend them as the Open Back is useful when you cannot see what's going on in the real world :)

• Advertisement

Currently in chat with Amazon rep

km79 wrote: »
    Tell him expect a deluge!!

Tell him expect a deluge!!

all im getting from Mounika is another month of Prime which I dont want!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

FYI it's a lot faster to choose the email option. Either will go offshore to India and I found the email to be as effective for handling things like this and wastes a lot less time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

sweetie wrote: »

Looks like a serious discount...

https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Sennheiser-HD-579-Around-Ear-Headphones-Grey-Matte-Finish/product/B01L1IIF1K

FYI it's a lot faster to choose the email option. Either will go offshore to India and I found the email to be as effective for handling things like this and wastes a lot less time.
    I have now moved to email as outcome was unsatisfactory.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

everlast75 wrote: »

So so tempted

It seems a pre order thing, would how long it would take to deliver

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Was going to get the headphones earlier but worth reading the thread, these are open back headphones, not meant for use outside the home unless you want the whole bus to hear your crap taste in music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I have now moved to email as outcome was unsatisfactory.....

Wait for the feedback form and select query not resolved and go from there. You will get the UK guys then who are happy to get shot of you for an easy life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭editorsean

For anyone who would like the Sennheiser HD 579 headphones sooner, Argos UK has these for £5 more (£69.99) and in stock in most of their stores across Northern Ireland.

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/7906808

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

editorsean wrote: »
    For anyone who would like the Sennheiser HD 579 headphones sooner, Argos UK has these for £5 more (£69.99) and in stock in most of their stores across Northern Ireland.

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/7906808

I see it's 90 on the Irish site, was 85 a few days ago, might wait and see if it drops, can't imagine if I would bring these with me anywhere so they would mainly be home use, anyone have them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,891 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Was going to get the headphones earlier but worth reading the thread, these are open back headphones, not meant for use outside the home unless you want the whole bus to hear your crap taste in music.

Yep these can only be used in private places where you won't disturb others. I tested mine out in the office when I got them and got evil glares.

Pffft some people have no taste in good music

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Bored Accountant

Just wondering for anyone that signed up for Prime, does the Prime Music work?
    I have gotten the prime video to work, I think I changed my location to Ireland for that. My Prime membership is still for UK.

When I try logging into music it gets itself into a knot and goes around in circles.

Got stung for 25 euro address pal for the humidifier
    My own fault for not checking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Use parcelwizard I've never had an oversize charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

Why not have it delivered direct to your house as it qualified for free delivery?

jay0109 wrote: »
    Why not have it delivered direct to your house as it qualified for free delivery?

Not to Ireland

Use parcelwizard I've never had an oversize charge.

Yeah I tried to cancel and do this but they said it was dispatched .......then got an email saying there was a delay in dispatch :(

Anyway it’s a relatively cheap lesson to learn !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

Not to Ireland

I ordered that EcoAir dehmidifier that was on the lighting deal and used my Dublin address.

• Advertisement

jay0109 wrote: »
    I ordered that EcoAir dehmidifier that was on the lighting deal and used my Dublin address.

It was a different one
    I missed that deal

Not to Ireland

Does oversized items come into play if you get the addresspal delivered to you home instead of post office?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭Doge

Does oversized items come into play if you get the addresspal delivered to you home instead of post office?

I would think so, the goverment tries to squeeze you dry every way they can! :p

Didn’t even know this was an option !

Berty wrote: »
    Wait for the feedback form and select query not resolved and go from there. You will get the UK guys then who are happy to get shot of you for an easy life.

And I have cars 3 dvd to get which costs 10 pound
    Thanks for the help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭ongarite

3 for 2 on Philips Hue bulbs again for those looking to feed their addiction to smart lighting..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,322 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Dcyber-monday&field-keywords=Baylis&tag=ho01f-21

Baylis and Harding some serious bargains I got crackers for 2.80...going quick though!

Didn’t even know this was an option !

An extra euro I think,maybe 2

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jontr

ongarite wrote: »
    3 for 2 on Philips Hue bulbs again for those looking to feed their addiction to smart lighting..

Starter kits are out of stock.
    Those won't work with Google Home without the bridge, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

jontr wrote: »
    Starter kits are out of stock.
    Those won't work with Google Home without the bridge, right?

Will hue bulbs work with SmartThings hub?

An extra euro I think,maybe 2

FAaaacccckkkkk
    It would have met the threshold too !
    Genuinely wasn’t aware of this option

All of my later deliveries are arriving today !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Slight drop in the price of the Nest Protect.....down from £99.00 to £96.66. Can't link as I'm on the phone.

Regards

D.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Will hue bulbs work with SmartThings hub?

Yes, but I wouldn't, you lose a lot of the functionality that makes Hue great.

Everyone of my delayed orders came today !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 zarker

Couldn't easily find this. Do you have a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 zarker

ongarite wrote: »

Couldn't easily find this. Do you have a link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Just add them to your cart and you'll see that it says cheapest item is free in their 3 for 2

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

For Prime members the next Pantry code is HOLIDAY10 for £10 off £40 and remember to choose 4 of these for free delivery to NI or UK mainland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Is the email address for the UK support listed anywhere?
    I filled out the survey after dealing with their support the other day so now I can't access it and when I try to do a new issue doesn't allow you to select email only chat or phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Doodee wrote: »
    I filled out the survey after dealing with their support the other day so now I can't access it and when I try to do a new issue doesn't allow you to select email only chat or phone.

Best I can find is resolution-uk@amazon.co.uk

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Doodee wrote: »

Click this link- and choose the order that you're seeking support on:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/contact-us?ie=UTF8&ref_=cu_cf_op_signin&#b

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement