Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon Black Friday / Cyber Monday 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Doodee wrote: »
    Is the email address for the UK support listed anywhere?
    I filled out the survey after dealing with their support the other day so now I can't access it and when I try to do a new issue doesn't allow you to select email only chat or phone.

Click this link- and choose the order that you're seeking support on:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/contact-us?ie=UTF8&ref_=cu_cf_op_signin&#b
    Have tried this but it still won't allow me to email, has it grayed out and states 'It's easier and faster to contact us via phone or chat'..434974.PNG
    Kat1170 wrote: »
    Is the email address for the UK support listed anywhere?
    I filled out the survey after dealing with their support the other day so now I can't access it and when I try to do a new issue doesn't allow you to select email only chat or phone.

Best I can find is  resolution-uk@amazon.co.uk

Cheers for that. Have given it a try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

Anyone who got a Soundcore Boost notice a slight rattle? I've narrowed it down to be at around the 63Hz mark. Curious if its across the board on them or if I should return this one? If any other owners could be so kind as to have a listen to the following test through theirs and shed some light?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nklzAUrXSuM
    63Hz starts at 55 seconds in. Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time. If its a common issue there's no real point in returning.
    On mine its intermittent at 50Hz, always there at 63Hz and intermittent again at 80Hz. Never at anything higher.
    Apologies if I'm dragging off topic, just trying to target fellow purchasers of this item!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,105 ✭✭✭Doge

dos29 wrote: »
    Anyone who got a Soundcore Boost notice a slight rattle? I've narrowed it down to be at around the 63Hz mark. Curious if its across the board on them or if I should return this one? If any other owners could be so kind as to have a listen to the following test through theirs and shed some light?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nklzAUrXSuM
    63Hz starts at 55 seconds in. Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time. If its a common issue there's no real point in returning.
    On mine its intermittent at 50Hz, always there at 63Hz and intermittent again at 80Hz. Never at anything higher.
    Apologies if I'm dragging off topic, just trying to target fellow purchasers of this item!

My 2 came today but since they're presents I'm not unwrapping the plastic around the speaker itself.

I had a similar problem with my Anker A3143 Premium Speaker at a higher frequency and they replaced it free of charge, and I got to hold onto the old one.

I'm not entirely sure that the problem went away with the new one though! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Have tried this but it still won't allow me to email, has it grayed out and states 'It's easier and faster to contact us via phone or chat'..
    You do know that they call you when you choose the phone option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭Keith186

Ordered a fire stick to parcel motel in the North. Got a notification to say that I returned to carrier.
    Anyone get that with PM before?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I always use the chat function as it will be emailed to be afterwards so handy for backup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Keith186 wrote: »
    Ordered a fire stick to parcel motel in the North. Got a notification to say that I returned to carrier.
    Anyone get that with PM before?

Got two delivered today to.pm no issues,from newtonabbey

Doge wrote: »
    My 2 came today but since they're presents I'm not unwrapping the plastic around the speaker itself.

I had a similar problem with my Anker A3143 Premium Speaker at a higher frequency and they replaced it free of charge, and I got to hold onto the old one.

I'm not entirely sure that the problem went away with the new one though! ;)

Got on to Chat. Once I knew the rattle was going to be there at all, I knew I would be actively listening out for it forever!
    Figured replacing would be for the best. Then the fun starts....
    "Alisha" says no problem, print a free return label, send it back, and we'll refund you.
    "Ahm, no, I'd like a replacement please."
    "Amazon only fulfilled the order, we cannot replace."
    "It's the same seller as when I purchased, Amazon are still fulfilling, the item is in stock. I will be out of pocket if I have to re-purchase"
    "This is our only option"
    What sh*t!
    "Please rate your experience"
    "Awful"
    "Would you like to escalate with a call?"
    "Yes!!!!"
    Finally got a resolution of returning for refund, then notifying them at that point, and they put the difference of the current selling price on my gift card.
    They made me work for that one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

You know they just take the money from the Marketplace seller, don't you? Hardly your problem but Amazon will always screw their suppliers and marketplace before they're out of pocket. This is why I've no problem bleeding them for everything I can get out of them for free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

For anyone looking for headphones Bose QC25s are €200 from Bose.ie
    A PS4 showed up a few days later without the bundled game and power cable and they refunded me 15%.

Where did you buy a power cable from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

Got two delivered today to.pm no issues,from newtonabbey

Where u get them today
    I had look earlier
    And showing 40

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭brophs

For anyone looking for headphones Bose QC25s are €200 from Bose.ie

Where did you buy a power cable from?
    It’s just a standard figure 8 poor cable, isn’t it? I’m sure an electrical/electronics shop like Curry’s will have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Quick question do amazon usually dispatch items without charging your card first? Got a Nintendo switch and mario set in the black friday deals and its dispatched and all but my card is yet to be charged?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭mikeysmith

Quick question do amazon usually dispatch items without charging your card first? Got a Nintendo switch and mario set in the black friday deals and its dispatched and all but my card is yet to be charged?

No

• Advertisement

Guess i have got a free nintendo and game so as its due to arrive Tuesday and still no charge

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Guess i have got a free nintendo and game so as its due to arrive Tuesday and still no charge

They can put a hold on the credit card- without processing the payment.
    E.g. I have a Motorola G5S Plus- arriving on Monday- that I ordered on the 24th- that hasn't been processed yet- however, and despite this- there is no charge on my credit card for it- but if I look at my available balance- it is reduced by an amount commensurate to the 208 Euro I owe Amazon.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

AMZ can back date the Cr Card charge to transaction/departure date so don't count your chickens just yet, best of luck though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

muffler wrote: »
    Have tried this but it still won't allow me to email, has it grayed out and states 'It's easier and faster to contact us via phone or chat'..
    You do know that they call you when you choose the phone option?

Yes but I want to send them an email...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

I need to get one of these for a gift...is this a good deal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Berty wrote: »
    Yes everytime. Got refunded £3.60 on 2 and then got given £5 on another and also got them to cancel and ship it to Ireland on another and for them to write off the delivery charge(3rd party seller)

Although I've to go out of my way to ask for it I said "your email says we've decided to ship this item early so you won't have to wait" and I said "I choose to wait by grouping them together, you shouldn't do that" and when they say "oh but there are different warehouses" you can say "well the e-mail doesn't say that, it says we are shipping it now so you don't have to wait"

They hate me but also love me as I spend £100s of per year BUT I don't even let a stray sticker on an item get passed me(had some location stickers on a delivery recently hand written stickers that left a mark when removed) :D

I ordered 3 echo dots together via Parcel motel and each was sent separately. I've sent an email so I'll see how I get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

off topic q, but is there any deal or deals coming for amazon dot, since want to get 3-4 , and do know they had it done last year but think it was past xmas, and now of course since missed black friday and price is around 50e per unit, its no brainer to get few if there will be deal running later 3+1 free.

Got on to Chat. Once I knew the rattle was going to be there at all, I knew I would be actively listening out for it forever!
    Figured replacing would be for the best. Then the fun starts....
    "Alisha" says no problem, print a free return label, send it back, and we'll refund you.
    "Ahm, no, I'd like a replacement please."
    "Amazon only fulfilled the order, we cannot replace."
    "It's the same seller as when I purchased, Amazon are still fulfilling, the item is in stock. I will be out of pocket if I have to re-purchase"
    "This is our only option"
    What sh*t!
    "Please rate your experience"
    "Awful"
    "Would you like to escalate with a call?"
    "Yes!!!!"
    Finally got a resolution of returning for refund, then notifying them at that point, and they put the difference of the current selling price on my gift card.
    They made me work for that one!

I think I used Ankers support for mine that time. Sorry should have been more specific.

Anker Bluetooth headphone Soundbuds.

Down from £59.99 to £22.99

Some very good reviews .

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0756BRVXJ/ref=dp_ob_neva_mobile

Would love to know if any of you have these.

Some very good reviews .

thx ordered been looking for decent headphones to replace my synth ones which went missing ,then again might use it as a gift for someone :)

scamalert wrote: »
    thx ordered been looking for decent headphones to replace my synth ones which went missing ,then again might use it as a gift for someone :)

Don't need them

Ordered them

Feck it

Yea, great gift idea but.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭huddlejonny

Same, I ordered something in mid October, supposed to arrive on the 10th of Novemebr, still no sign of it. Most of my orders have been estimated incorrectly. The estimated delivery is way out of whack, don't rely on it. Amazon logistics is also muck.

I ordered something from Amazon Italy on a Friday morning and took delivery the following Tuesday. Superfast delivery and it wasn't through prime.

Any ridiculous prime delivery waiting times from UK I usually contact them by email and get 5e gift bonus for my troubles.

I ordered something from Amazon Italy on a Friday morning and took delivery the following Tuesday. Superfast delivery and it wasn't through prime.

Any ridiculous prime delivery waiting times from UK I usually contact them by email and get 5e gift bonus for my troubles.

I ordered something from Amazon Italy on the 24th- and paid 18 Euro for speedy delivery- its still at a 'we have received your order status' it hasn't shipped at all. I rang Amazon.co.uk to try and ask if they could get it shipped- as the Italians refused to talk to me in English or French (I don't speak Italian). No can do......... God only knows when they'll ship- and thats after paying 18 Euro for expedited shipping.......

Doge wrote: »
    I think I used Ankers support for mine that time. Sorry should have been more specific.

No prob, not too late to hear that actually. Haven't sent back the faulty one yet so I might get on to them directly looking for a replacement and see what they can offer. Thanks!
    Was that the Anker direct seller you were on to so?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭kelator

off topic q, but is there any deal or deals coming for amazon dot, since want to get 3-4 , and do know they had it done last year but think it was past xmas, and now of course since missed black friday and price is around 50e per unit, its no brainer to get few if there will be deal running later 3+1 free.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?node=11259209031
    Use code DOT3PACK for£20 when you buy 3 dots or DOT6PACK for 1 dot free when you buy 6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

kelator wrote: »
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?node=11259209031
    Use code DOT3PACK for£20 when you buy 3 dots or DOT6PACK for 1 dot free when you buy 6

Similarly, ECHO3PACK gets you £50 off when purchasing 3 Echos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Some very good reviews .

Somewhat deceptive sale seeing as camel only has data on them since September and they were cheaper in October :D

https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Anker-Headphones-Waterproof-Microphone-featherlight-transparent/product/B0756BRVXJ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Some very good reviews .

They were that price for a while and lower before that (so they might be lowered again at some stage)

new.png?force=1&zero=0&w=725&h=440&desired=false&legend=1&ilt=1&tp=all&fo=0&lang=en

whyulittle wrote: »
    Similarly, ECHO3PACK gets you £50 off when purchasing 3 Echos.
    kelator thx both for the codes, as price goes for the headphones think if they live up to reviews that all that matters 3 o=pound difference isnt the bargain its not having to pay 50quid ,and as poster said f it dont really need it but at that price its not really breaking bank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Have a question I can't seem to find an answer for

Ordered a heap of stuff there a few days ago and hasn't been dispatched yet, almost all of it was reduced from its normal price, do I pay the price when I ordered it or will I be charged the price on the day of dispatch?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭huddlejonny

Ordered a heap of stuff there a few days ago and hasn't been dispatched yet, almost all of it was reduced from its normal price, do I pay the price when I ordered it or will I be charged the price on the day of dispatch?

Whatever price it was when you ordered. They dont take payment immediately..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭mad m

Get onto them via chat, they will more than likely refund difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

mad m wrote: »
    Get onto them via chat, they will more than likely refund difference.

Haven't been charged yet, just like jonny said they don't seem to take payment immediately but I was just worried because some of the items were reduced by a lot so would nearly clear my account if some were to go back to their original

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Haven't been charged yet, just like jonny said they don't seem to take payment immediately but I was just worried because some of the items were reduced by a lot so would nearly clear my account if some were to go back to their original

Nah you get charged price when you made order.

Tis handy for some items that are not in stock but price is lower than it has ever been, so buy it now, pay for it when it's dispatched, and if the price is lower when it's dispatched you can actually ask them to refund you the difference.

actually once you hit purchase button its almost immediately locked in, in faq section it mentions up to 30mins but from experience its usually few mins and amount you bought it for is what you pay, thou there is a safeguard for seller think amazon included as well if the price is mistaken or has changed etc, they can cancel your order and do full refund -happened only once was getting car jack price was good but order was cancelled day or so later and fully refunded, once inquired amazon they got in touch with seller and because of weight post cost and price change they opted to refund as price has been applied to local region my guess so they would turn negative in sale.

It doesnt work other way around where price increases and they charge you for it,as it would break t&cs

No prob, not too late to hear that actually. Haven't sent back the faulty one yet so I might get on to them directly looking for a replacement and see what they can offer. Thanks!
    Was that the Anker direct seller you were on to so?

Im pretty sure i just contacted them from their support site and quoted my amazon order ID for the speaker:

https://www.anker.com/refund-exchange

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Milliehollie

Bought ecoair dehumidifier last Sunday. Money came out of account on Monday(wasn't pending, just gone) but wasn't despatched until Friday of this week. Now today I check bank account and transaction for dehumidifier has completely disappeared. And money for dehumidifier is back in. No transactions showing at all about this on my account.

Has this happened to anyone else? Hoping this is a mistake and might get it for free :-)

As i said yesterday my money still hasnt been taken or even pre authorised on my card and im due my items tuesday although it seems from this thread amazon can do this sometimes

As i said yesterday my money still hasnt been taken or even pre authorised on my card and im due my items tuesday although it seems from this thread amazon can do this sometimes

My phone due to arrive tomorrow from amazon.it hasn't even shipped yet- god only knows what the Amazon staff are up to (though having seen that Channel 4 exposé on the going's on in their fulfillment centres- I think I'll give them the benefit of the doubt). No charge for my G5S Plus yet either. Think I can kiss that est. delivery date of the 4th December goodbye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭mac1961

Bought ecoair dehumidifier last Sunday. Money came out of account on Monday(wasn't pending, just gone) but wasn't despatched until Friday of this week. Now today I check bank account and transaction for dehumidifier has completely disappeared. And money for dehumidifier is back in. No transactions showing at all about this on my account.

Has this happened to anyone else? Hoping this is a mistake and might get it for free :-)

The very same happened to me last week. The money came out and over the weekend it went back in. I think it was Tuesday before it showed again and got delivery no problem. My bank is BOI and have noticed this happen while paying through my bills.ie as well.

are u using BOI ? since noticed long ago that come weekend all the balances in the account get mashed up, say my transactions could be shown as taken on Friday come sat/sun account seems back in full state as money is there and no indication of purchases or spending, the system they use seems goes into overdrive before normal balance appears when working week starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Milliehollie

are u using BOI ? since noticed long ago that come weekend all the balances in the account get mashed up, say my transactions could be shown as taken on Friday come sat/sun account seems back in full state as money is there and no indication of purchases or spending, the system they use seems goes into overdrive before normal balance appears when working week starts.

No I'm with AIB. Looks like I won't be getting it for free :-(

No I'm with AIB. Looks like I won't be getting it for free :-(

Same thing has happened for me with AIB and something I bought last week. Went from pending and then disappeared. I received the item a few days ago, and the bank gave me the authorisation number to contact Amazon with.

For now I'm just going to hope they forget to charge me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

I noticed something similar with my Revolut card last night; a charge for an order I made a week ago is showing up as "reverted" and I don't think the money's been taken, though the order's arrived.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement