Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon Black Friday / Cyber Monday 2017

1151617181921»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    I noticed something similar with my Revolut card last night; a charge for an order I made a week ago is showing up as "reverted" and I don't think the money's been taken, though the order's arrived.

Just checked my Revolut and the same thing happened. Order is supposed to arrive tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

Revolut are having problems at moment with payments. They tried to tell me they paid a merchant money a year and 8 months later! They put my account in minus debt. I had proof I got a refund plus had to contact merchant. Took a week to sort but they credited my account in sterling I then had to exchange it in euro and they took their money back. Mad stuff after nearly 2 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭Sparko

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    I noticed something similar with my Revolut card last night; a charge for an order I made a week ago is showing up as "reverted" and I don't think the money's been taken, though the order's arrived.

I'm in the same boat today - Amazon amount originally taken on 25 November is now reverted but the order is on the way, should arrive tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

I have a reverted Amazom payment as well.

Think its now a waiting game to see if the payments are taken on a side note amazon.de are doing a 3 for 2 on nintendo switch games just got skyrim,mario kart 8 and splatoon 2 for E109

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,891 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Think its now a waiting game to see if the payments are taken on a side note amazon.de are doing a 3 for 2 on nintendo switch games just got skyrim,mario kart 8 and splatoon 2 for E109

Good ol' Nintendo where €109 for 3 games is considered a bargain ( I have a Wii U and games are still going for €40 despite being old!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 422 ✭✭Popeleo

My phone due to arrive tomorrow from amazon.it hasn't even shipped yet- god only knows what the Amazon staff are up to (though having seen that Channel 4 exposé on the going's on in their fulfillment centres- I think I'll give them the benefit of the doubt). No charge for my G5S Plus yet either. Think I can kiss that est. delivery date of the 4th December goodbye.

According to news reports last week, staff in Amazon's Italian and German warehouses went on strike on Black Friday over working conditions.
    I'm not sure how long it lasted but I guess there will be delays aplenty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Will they not be in German?

Im sure that there will be an option to change to english if not i can always return them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Can someone start a thread on credit card payments or just close this one, as black Friday is well over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

unfollow the thread so you don't get notifications? but those who are wondering when their shipments will ship etc. still get updated?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

unfollow the thread so you don't get notifications? but those who are wondering when their shipments will ship etc. still get updated?

Anybody with those questions can ask here:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=583

I know some people have their favourite forums and might not even know that other ones exists. This thread is not dead by any means but maybe the title just needs to be changed to something else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,891 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Add "Expired" to the title. Usually solves it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭Doge

Yes im going to be "that guy"....
    Has anyone had their order stuck in Dublin Mail Centre recently? According to an post's tracking system
    Usually you will have it the next working day but mine has been there since the 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

Doge wrote: »
    Has anyone had their order stuck in Dublin Mail Centre recently? According to an post's tracking system
    Usually you will have it the next working day but mine has been there since the 1st.

My order reached IE and now it is not even showing up on anpost webpage since 29th;)

Doge wrote: »

Expect it to move tonight. Often stuff comes into Dublin after lunch or 3pm but I'd say they're snowed under.

I've Amazon delays coming out my ears. One is marked as a Courier DP which they tell me could be(they don't even know) as Duetsche Post but it cannot be tracked. I've heard of this as well. Deutsche Post actually fly it to Germany and then drive it back, and this is going to Northern Ireland from Scotland. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

I had an order which was due to arrived on December 1st with An Post. I received an Email to state that there was a mix up with the order and that i could expect to receive the item on or before December 9th.
    The tracking number provided is not showing on the An Post website.
    Amazon have advised that there is a mix up with the order, they have no idea where it is, what carrier and meant to deliver it and only that i should receive it before the 9th of December.
    They offered to reimburse me the price and to notify them once the package has arrived so that they can charge me again.
    Should i get them to reimburse me now just in case the package does arrive as they say it will?
    I have ordered quite a bit from Amazon over the years and in fairness An Post are always on the ball in terms of tracking and delivery. 
    I have never come across anything like this before.

Take refund and keep the item and tell them nothing if it turns up. They'll still get a refund from whoever they claim to have it. If they say An Post have it(whether they do or not) you know they'll claim Insurance off An Post for losing it.

I've been told to wait till Thursday for 2 seperate marketplace seller orders which are fulfilled by Amazon. I know if they don't turn up I will get my refund but I know they'll just take it from the sellers without apology. So I e-mailed both sellers there to tell them I don't have it. 2 weeks now. One is ROI and one is NI delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Nintendo Switch Neon Red/Blue with Super Mario Odyssey €354

not a massive saving but i aint seen this bundle any cheaper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I think its time to retire this thread as BF/CA are gone now for another year.

If amazon have any other bargains, please post a new thread as normal.

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement