Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon Black Friday / Cyber Monday 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Is it possible to get a 55inch TV delivered to Ireland from Amazon via Parcelmotel?

Tusky wrote: »
    Is it possible to get a 55inch TV delivered to Ireland from Amazon via Parcelmotel?

Should be but as it's oversized you will have to pick it up from one of their depots.

Should be but as it's oversized you will have to pick it up from one of their depots.

Super. It's not an issue to pick it up.

Still reluctant to pull the trigger on anything as I'm afraid best deals will be kept for Friday. Does that sound right going on previous years?

Super. It's not an issue to pick it up.

Still reluctant to pull the trigger on anything as I'm afraid best deals will be kept for Friday. Does that sound right going on previous years?

Yeah, there's a Sony xe800 49' I'm interested in but holding off myself until during the week. I'm hoping that the xe900 gets reduced further.

Yeah, there's a Sony xe800 49' I'm interested in but holding off myself until during the week. I'm hoping that the xe900 gets reduced further.

It annoys me that that range is 49" rather than 50". My last tv was 50" so it seems like a downgrade!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Jcanty85

anyone have an LG tv? looking at this but not very well up on them

https://www.did.ie/lg-49-ultra-hd-4k-hdr-smart-tv-black-49uj634-49uj634-prd

any alternatives for that size in that price range?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭Del007

I got a TV delivered direct from Amazon last December, no need for parcel motel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

slave1 wrote: »
    The last two years that offer has been between XMas and New Year, I've stuff already in my basket from the Warehouse

If they go on sale will you get an alert?

Del007 wrote: »
    I got a TV delivered direct from Amazon last December, no need for parcel motel

A lot of the larger ones seem to have a message saying: Delivery to Ireland not available.

A lot of the larger ones seem to have a message saying: Delivery to Ireland not available.

My brother had a 55' TV delivered last year, no problems.

• Advertisement

depends on the tv I think. if the seller is not amazon directly, more likely not to have delivery option direct to Ireland.

juneg wrote: »
    Any advice on where to look for a laptop for my secondary school student here? Thanks

this is one of the best deals this year, especially for an actual bricks and mortar store. although you don't get this price anywhere usually.

http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/hp-15bs558sa-156-laptop-gold/339459/396.0.0

full 1080p hd screen (rare at this price)
    big hard drive
    proper i3 processor (rare at this price). latest gen processor
    small downside is 4gb ram but that could be added later.

for €419 euro.
    you could get a lesser spec for cheaper but not worth the compromise as most of the cheap ones have bad screens, weak cpus and miminal storage in the form of flash storage -32gb or 64gb which leaves little room for installing programs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭mikeysmith

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Thunder-Portable-Bluetooth-Speakers-Wireless-Silver/dp/B01KVHG5UK/ref=gbps_tit_m-8_74b1_d30b

£20 just bought one

Probably nothing different than all the others in that price range

mikeysmith wrote: »
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Thunder-Portable-Bluetooth-Speakers-Wireless-Silver/dp/B01KVHG5UK/ref=gbps_tit_m-8_74b1_d30b

£20 just bought one

bought one, not completely sure why. may give it as a present!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭Del007

I had a 55" delivered no problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

£20 just bought one

17 reviews, 4 verified..... I wouldn't be holding my breath on sound quality tbh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

noticed that this last week no hisense 55" tvs will deliver to ireland or NI and most over 21kg inc packaging to addresspal a risk

SachaJ wrote: »
    17 reviews, 4 verified..... I wouldn't be holding my breath on sound quality tbh

The verified ones are positive tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭BandMember

• Advertisement

judeboy101 wrote: »
    noticed that this last week no hisense 55" tvs will deliver to ireland or NI and most over 21kg inc packaging to addresspal a risk

What do you mean a risk?

[edit] are there any forwarding companies that use a mainland UK address?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Phil.x

I'm looking for a sonos connect, but I've a feeling the things I want will not be on sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭irishproduce

BandMember wrote: »

I think HN have a bigger one - same tv - for less

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Fnz

£20 just bought one

Dunno if you're familiar with the Fakespot service, but their analysis suggests that (almost) 90% of those review are 'fake'. [Link]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,602 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭whiz

If you bought this phone, would you have problems using it on phone networks in America ?
    I am asking this question as I know you can't buy it there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,722 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

whiz wrote: »
    If you bought this phone, would you have problems using it on phone networks in America ?
    I am asking this question as I know you can't buy it there

Without any information on what phone or what network, my telepathy tells me that the answer is likely yes.
    However, if you want to check if the phone you have in mind will definitely work, try:
    https://www.frequencycheck.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

What do you mean a risk?

[edit] are there any forwarding companies that use a mainland UK address?

Isn't addresspal from mainland UK? I'm looking to get a 55" hisense from Amazon also, so if anyone could advise me on how to get it shipped here I'd be very grateful. Amazon won't ship 55" to Northern Ireland or the Republic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,286 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Has anyone seen a good deal on either Bluetooth speakers or built in Chromecast speakers? Don't need to be portable

Isn't addresspal from mainland UK? I'm looking to get a 55" hisense from Amazon also, so if anyone could advise me on how to get it shipped here I'd be very grateful. Amazon won't ship 55" to Northern Ireland or the Republic.

Too much hassle with returns if anything goes wrong

Better off paying the extra and get a 6 year warranty off richer sounds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Any idea what the chances are of a discount on Fitbit? And if so which one would you recommend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Too much hassle with returns if anything goes wrong

Better off paying the extra and get a 6 year warranty off richer sounds

Yeah, I bought my last tv from them, very good service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Loads of questions. Feck all bargain alerts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Loads of questions. Feck all bargain alerts.

Oh sorry, didn’t know we weren’t allowed to ask questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

According to HUKD, 20% off warehouse items starts after midnight tonight.

how long do items stay in the basket?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

how long do items stay in the basket?

Potentially forever- however, the price doesn't stay static when the items are in your basket- only after you pay (regardless of whether they're in stock or not).

Fnz wrote: »
    Dunno if you're familiar with the Fakespot service, but their analysis suggests that (almost) 90% of those review are 'fake'. [Link]

hence only look at the verified purchase reviews.

appears to be ok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_zjY1wh8Ko

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭hdl

Are there likely to be any sort of discount codes (like the Amazon.it €10 off €50 posted earlier this week) on Amazon UK, does anyone recall from last year?

me_irl wrote: »
    Hopefully this will be of use to yee, but if you're using Firefox or Chrome be sure to have the camelizer installed so you don't get ripped off!

https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/camelizer

I saw on HUKD a week or two ago that there's a better alternative to this. It's called Keepa. I've not had much of a chance to check it out yet but it looks good from what I've seen so far. Might help someone in the carnage of the coming week! :D

Browser addons for Firefox, Chrome, Edge and Opera.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

SachaJ wrote: »
    According to HUKD, 20% off warehouse items starts after midnight tonight.

Just popped in here to post the same, time to fill my basket with Warehouse purchases and see if they raise the price for the 20% off, I've a half dozen already in my basket and the price has been static for the last few weeks or so...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

Amazon Echo or Amazon Dot? Which one to choose. I have a Windows phone so presumed before this wouldn't work, but just read that they work with Windows 10, so prob either via PC or Windows phone.

Put Echo in my basket but get doesn't ship to Ireland. Guessing this is why people are signing up for Prime, then using AddressPal or ParcelMotel for forwarding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

leck wrote: »
    Amazon Echo or Amazon Dot? Which one to choose. I have a Windows phone so presumed before this wouldn't work, but just read that they work with Windows 10, so prob either via PC or Windows phone.

Put Echo in my basket but get doesn't ship to Ireland. Guessing this is why people are signing up for Prime, then using AddressPal or ParcelMotel for forwarding.

If you want to pair with an external bluetooth speaker (or a shower speaker), or have a small room, Echo Dot is enough. Sound is good for basics like radio or light music playing.

For larger room, or don't want to rely on external speaker, get the Echo.

I believe the newer Echo can be paired with bluetooth speakers as well though.

No need for Prime, but yes you do need to post to a UK address.

Now have 37 AMZ Warehouse items in my basket, should be fun at midnight!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭pavb2

Hi All
    Im looking to buy a standard 32 gb ipad do Amazon usually have good deals on BF or should I wait for cyber Monday.

Now have 37 AMZ Warehouse items in my basket, should be fun at midnight!

What's the plan?

What's the plan?

They are Warehouse items from new items I've had in my basket through the year, some are multiple like good/very good/like new etc.
    Plan is to buy them all, I know my pricing and I've got a lot of Warehouse deals and only had to send a few back...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭batistuta9

What's the plan?

Same thing we do every night pinky :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Fnz

glasso wrote: »
    hence only look at the verified purchase reviews.

appears to be ok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_zjY1wh8Ko

Whatever you like. Am not familiar with that reviewer. I have misgivings about a supporting a company that floods Amazon with 'fake' reviews for their product.

LG 43UJ630V 43 inch 4K Ultra HD HDR Smart LED TV (2017 Model) Like New £354
    Less 20% tomorrow

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B06XW3Z78R/ref=dp_olp_used_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=used&m=A2OAJ7377F756P

• Advertisement

They are Warehouse items from new items I've had in my basket through the year, some are multiple like good/very good/like new etc.
    Plan is to buy them all, I know my pricing and I've got a lot of Warehouse deals and only had to send a few back...

I thought the 20% was only select items?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement