Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing post?

Options
  • 15-11-2017 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else in Waterville/Blanchardstown having issues with post not arriving lately? I know of at least three things posted to me in the past month that didn't make it. An Post not being very helpful

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Stuff I've ordered from Wish hasn't arrived over the past couple of months. At least 5 different things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭shinju

An Post here can't be bovvered any longer.
    They simply leave post in the wrong post boxes in my apartment block. The apartment residents then leave them above the alarm panel.
    BUT the postman, next time around, just refuses to take them back to deliver to their rightful owners.

In this case, I'm talking about entirely incorrect estates being delivered to, not just wrong numbers.
    Sometimes I'm at home all day and the intercom does not ring at all. Yet i get a missed delivery notice in the post box.

If you are missing post, then one high likelihood is that it has been delivered somewhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »

Yep. Parcel Motel is great. Fantastic service and can collect out of hours as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Had loads of trouble with a football magazine subscription not arriving, had been in touch with an post who were pretty much a waste of time & only got it sorted when I asked the magazine distributor to send in a standard sealed brown envelope. So it was pretty obvious that it was been pinched by someone who fancied a read about football after arriving over from the UK. Thankfully dont get much old fashioned 'mail' these days so not much to go wrong.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

I received a missed delivery notification in the post box 2 weeks ago.
    I was at home, but again the intercom did not ring.

I went to the Coolmine distribution center / post office the next day to collect and they could not find it.

These were important (education) certificates from the US.
    The guy at the desk spent about 10mins trying to find them (while others were waiting in line) then gave up and took a picture of the notice and asked for my telephone number and promised to call me when found.
    I did not receive any call back.

I waited a week and went back, and another guy magically found them and said he could not understand what the problem was as they were clearly there.

An post raises postage costs for a basic envelope from 60c to 72c to €1 and still cannot deliver mail.

"An Post
    Any post?
    No post?
    ... we simply can't be bovvered"

should be their motto

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Shuttle666

shinju wrote: »
    An Post here can't be bovvered any longer.
    They simply leave post in the wrong post boxes in my apartment block. The apartment residents then leave them above the alarm panel.
    BUT the postman, next time around, just refuses to take them back to deliver to their rightful owners.

In this case, I'm talking about entirely incorrect estates being delivered to, not just wrong numbers.
    Sometimes I'm at home all day and the intercom does not ring at all. Yet i get a missed delivery notice in the post box.

If you are missing post, then one high likelihood is that it has been delivered somewhere else.

Agreed with this - post for other developments stays in the to be returned boxes for days/week, so much so that I've even taken it over the the correct estate myself if it looks like a birthday card or something - mad!

Apparently they pride themselves on getting mail to the intended recipients when there is very little information on the mail itself.

So, for example if one were to label some post as "that LGBT type person on Kildare Street, with the weird socks" or that "Short, grey haired, leprechaun type guy who is the titular head of the country, c/o Some Park in Dublin, Ireland where the deer roam" then the brainiacs at An Post will figure it out, get the post to its recipient and make a big hullabaloo about it in the media.

However, if someone is labelled exactly as it should be then there is a significant chance of a mess up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Shuttle666 wrote: »
    ... I've even taken it over the the correct estate myself..

I've done so myself as well. Can't imagine some poor soul waiting for their package that never arrives and no one knows what happened to it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement