Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Douglas GONE

Options
  • 15-11-2017 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything.

I always use Parcel motel at the Topaz in Douglas but notice that the address has gone from the delivery locations on the PM site.

Coincided with PM being bought by UPS, so wondering if its going (gone) or if its an omission to the drop down.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Their website seems to be down at the moment? Must be changes going on.

*edit* working now again. PITA if it is gone...that'll be the second one I use gone now. both were on my way to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Jon_459

Which Topaz is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Across the road from KC's.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Tis' gone......real pain as both Blackrock & Mahon both involve battling the Mahon traffic for me

"Karen (Parcel Motel)
    15 Nov, 14:21 GMT

Good Afternoon

Thank you for contacting us. This motel is no longer available to be chosen. We do have other motels close by though.

Kind Regards
    Karen"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

There is also parcel wizard.

Brings it to you and not to unit.

E.g. if you are in a office that can take post your flying it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything.

I always use Parcel motel at the Topaz in Douglas but notice that the address has gone from the delivery locations on the PM site.

Coincided with PM being bought by UPS, so wondering if its going (gone) or if its an omission to the drop down.

The website was just recently showing some very funny addresses of the motels... Vicars Road or Cork Bishopstown Amber Oil, but not one in Tesco Wilton... I guess they restored from very very old backup...

There is also parcel wizard.

Brings it to you and not to unit.

E.g. if you are in a office that can take post your flying it.

The new An Post service does that as well, but I never know where I'll be. Closing Douglas is a real pain especially coming up to Christmas.

Just spoke to them, apparently a lot of the Motels are going under the new ownership - something to do with new contracts. The Website list is apparently correct, so if your local one isn't showing then its going to be gone shortly. Units will still be in place for a while to cope with parcels that are either there or en route and once that period is over they will be removed.

The new An Post service does that as well, but I never know where I'll be. Closing Douglas is a real pain especially coming up to Christmas.

Just spoke to them, apparently a lot of the Motels are going under the new ownership - something to do with new contracts.

There's also Parcel Connect - they will deliver to a near Centra/Spar etc.

grogi wrote: »
    There's also Parcel Connect - they will deliver to a near Centra/Spar etc.

Quite a bit pricier that PM - also do they have a UK address ?

Quite a bit pricier that PM - also do they have a UK address ?

€4.50 for a parcel up-to 20kg. Parcel Motel charges €3.95 and it is 10kg and 41×38×64 cm.

Address for them is

Fastway NI East Depot
    Unit 3B Norfill Business Park
    Randalstown Road
    BT41 4LD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

There's one in the topaz in Cork airport if its any good? Its not TOO far from Douglas but people might not realise its there unless they've seen it.

Thanks I hadn't realised....I'm on the Well Rd so it was dead handy - Blackrock is probably the closest now - Christmas traffic to Mahon will break my heart

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Well thats a bloody pain but to be honest, after my experience with them last christmas, I'd avoid them like the plague around that time of year in future so maybe Mahon won't be too bad. Still more inconvenient though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

There is a new PM in the petrol station (Topaz?) on Vicar's Road in Togher, if that's any good to you. Wasn't there a couple of days ago, just spotted it this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Jon_459

I never knew about the one in Douglas. Used to use the one in Wilton until they 'assigned' me the one in Bishopstown.
    Vicars Road is much closer (and easier)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

I got an email this week saying there was one in frankfield. I'll dig it out later.

Edit: It just says its an extra one for christmas..doesn't even mention the douglas one being removed. Strange

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

Nice one. Didn't know there was one on Vicars road. Just switched over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Just in case anyone's wondering, the Douglas location is still there and it's on the Parcel Motel site so might just have been a Christmas thing where they were preparing for things to get bat**** crazy for the few weeks.

JohnK wrote: »
    Just in case anyone's wondering, the Douglas location is still there and it's on the Parcel Motel site so might just have been a Christmas thing where they were preparing for things to get bat**** crazy for the few weeks.

Yep, I've used it a couple of times since, apparently some sort of contractual dispute with the garage which has now been sorted.

Advertisement