Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surname Account Amendment

Options
  • 15-11-2017 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello, I have several accounts with bank of Ireland and in one of them my surname is wrong so i cannot join this account to the others. Can you please inform me how to solve this? I have been told that i need and amendment but i do not know where i can download it from. Regards, Cora

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi CoraCarbajo,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.

Can you tell me please is the name totally incorrect or is it just the spelling of the surname?

Was this a error when the account was opened?

Thanks,

Kareana

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CoraCarbajo

The name is correct, it the surname what is a problem. I am Spanish which means that in my passport there are two surnames, in Ireland I only use the first to avoid confusion. The problem is that in one of the accounts they have identify my surname as my middle name and put my second surname as my surname.

Regards,
    Cora Carbajo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi CoraCarbajo,

Thanks for your reply. 

We are sorry to hear this has caused you some inconvenience.

You would need to visit your local branch with photo ID for them to request for this to be amended.

As you mentioned you have other accounts with ourselves please inform them that you would like the same name across all the accounts, when this is amended you can then add this account to your remaining accounts to view online.  

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Kareana

Advertisement