Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breast Problems

Options
  • 15-11-2017 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi Ladies

I have a query in relation to breasts. I'm due in the begining of March 2018 first time pregnancy so I haven't a clue! My breast have become very enlarged (gone from DD to FF) and are red and inflamed. They aren't sore is this normal for pregnancy or have any of ye seen this before?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Red and inflamed, see a doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Blndbby

They shouldn't really be red and inflamed. But it can be normal for them to get larger due to the milk.

It is possible to get mastitis before the baby is born so I would go see a doctor just to be on the safe side.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Very large-normal.
    Red and inflamed....no, I wouldn't think that's normal.Definitely see a GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Eireog1

Hi Ladies

Just an update. I was at the breast consultant yesterday. I have mastitis. I'm very lucky as I have no pain with it so all they are going to do is monitor it and he say it should go away its self! I wasnt aware you could get it before you started breast feeding but you learn something new every day.

Thank for all the responses.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

It's news to me too to be honest!Hope you feel better soon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement