Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Murphy Memorial Sixmilebridge (Multiple Marathon Event) 19/11/2017

Options
  • 15-11-2017 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭

https://sirius.eventmaster.ie/event/2vPt2qc0z

Didn't see a thread for this. Entry is closing soon. This weekend in Sixmilebridge, Co. Clare. The director's marathon on the Saturday is 2 loops of 13.1 miles, and the run on Sunday is done on a 1 mile loop in the village of Sixmilebridge.

Always a great event with a fantastic atmosphere.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

The website is a bit short on details. Maybe I just can't see it but can anyone confirm the start times for the various distances?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Ultrababy

Sunday
    Double marathon 7am
    Marathon walker 9am
    30 mile 11am
    Marathon 12 noon
    Half marathon 2pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

How does this actually work? If your doing the half marathon are you just doing the same 1mile loop 13 times???

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Ultrababy

panda100 wrote: »
    How does this actually work? If your doing the half marathon are you just doing the same 1mile loop 13 times???

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

panda100 wrote: »

Yes, plus a little bit extra at the start to make it 13.1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Toffeeboy

Is there a map of Saturdays race. Where in the village do you sign in to get your number ?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Toffeeboy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

All the info went out in an email last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

I did the marathon on Sunday, I'd highly recommend it as the organisation is top class and the support is great for a local race.

There was such great camaraderie between everyone on the course and going around in circles for hours isn't as boring as you would think :) Will be back for more.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ultrawoman

Neady83 wrote: »
    I did the marathon on Sunday, I'd highly recommend it as the organisation is top class and the support is great for a local race.

There was such great camaraderie between everyone on the course and going around in circles for hours isn't as boring as you would think :) Will be back for more.

Now that's very interesting ;)

Well done Sunday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

ultrawoman wrote: »
    Now that's very interesting ;)

Well done Sunday!

Thank you UW :)

Now now .... four hours of circles is very different to 24 hours. I've a new found respect for those mad hatters ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

Was there too Neady83 for the marathon also. Can't do anything but talk this event up - it reads like a mad idea but it definitely works. I think that I hit 20 without the 'massiveness' of the distance hitting me because I'd not run to two neighbouring towns and back like other long runs if you know what I mean. My head wasnt visualising another 6 miles stretched out one after the other, but the hill was defo getting steeper and steeper all through the second half of the race. Hats off to BMOH members for committing their whole weekend to this and to think the club is helping the hospice and local school with the funds is fantastic.

Also I couldnt believe what other runners were actually doing - I ran past one girl at about mile 2, and her gadget announced that she'd been running for 5 and a quarter hours so far, 53km etc etc. I live in Meath yet she'd been running in Clare since before I'd got out of bed over 5 hours previous and she was looking at another 30km still !! And then theres those who'd done a marathon the day before as well, and one who was on their 400th. Recovery has to be over-rated :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

JMSE wrote: »
    Was there too Neady83 for the marathon also.

Oh were you now :D, well done J!!! Can we expect another excellent report?? *goes off to notify Mulberry* :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

Oh were you now :D, well done J!!! Can we expect another excellent report?? *goes off to notify Mulberry* :pac:

You just read it girl :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Back again on Nov 18th, after a bit of procrastinating just entered the 30 mile.
    The 2018 Annual Eddie Murphy Memorial Marathon will take place in conjunction with BMOH on Sunday 18th November 2018. It is a unique marathon on a lovely one mile loop of the village of Sixmilebridge. It's been a fun and friendly event and it has a legacy of helping to raise funds for Milford Hospice & the local schools. Please click on the link below to enter. Please note that it is limited to 200 entrants.

Start Times for Events

7am double marathon
    11 am 30 mile
    12 noon marathon
    2pm half marathon

Enter

Advertisement