If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q Acoustics M2 Sound Base

Options
  • 15-11-2017 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Was interested in the above, some rave reviews online - better even than the Sonus Play Base which is twice the price - and was wondering how you rate it?

I'm currently using a Sony HT-CT260 sound bar with a wireless subwoofer which produces a cracking sound to be fair but the problem is the sound bar partially obscures the bottom of the TV screen when placed on the unit in front of it.

Would an all in one sound base ever pack as much punch as a sound bar and woofer?

Cheers in advance for your thoughts.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

rodders999 wrote: »
    Hi,

Was interested in the above, some rave reviews online - better even than the Sonus Play Base which is twice the price - and was wondering how you rate it?

I'm currently using a Sony HT-CT260 sound bar with a wireless subwoofer which produces a cracking sound to be fair but the problem is the sound bar partially obscures the bottom of the TV screen when placed on the unit in front of it.

Would an all in one sound base ever pack as much punch as a sound bar and woofer?

Cheers in advance for your thoughts.
    Hi Rodders,

thanks for the post ...and you're not going to like this but the Q Acoustics will make mincemeat of the HTCT290!

http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202920-q-acoustics-qaco-m2-blk.aspx

..Not just in bass and control but more especially in detail - and to be fair the Q Acoustics is one of the best available - to be fair to the Sonos Playbase the M2 whilst it does have Bluetooth does not have the networking capabilities of the Playbase but I'd take it every day over the Playbase if audio quality was the primary concern.

Margin is fairly tight on it but I'll do you a straight Euro for pound deal and leave it at €299 including delivery for you..

Thanks again and of course if you would like to order just drop us a mail to sales@richersounds.ie or a PM with your contact details and I'll ask one of the guys to give you a call to get it all arranged for you.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭rodders999

Well that's me told then!

I actually bought the Sony kd-49xe9005 from yourselves a few months back and thought this would finish it off nicely.

Very tempted to take the plunge at that price but with the phenomenon that is Black Friday looming large on the horizon would it be worth holding off to see if there was any offer going to be applied?

Cheers.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Well that's me told then!

I actually bought the Sony kd-49xe9005 from yourselves a few months back and thought this would finish it off nicely.

Very tempted to take the plunge at that price but with the phenomenon that is Black Friday looming large on the horizon would it be worth holding off to see if there was any offer going to be applied?

Cheers.
    Hi rodders999,

We don't know what the offers will be unfortunately however between now and black Friday if you were to buy and the price drops on the day we can refund you the difference.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

Good stuff.

Didn't realise it was next Friday, thought it was two weeks away. Will hold off until then to see if there's any reduction, if not I will take you up on your original offer....if it still stands! 

Talk again this day week.

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Good stuff.

Didn't realise it was next Friday, thought it was two weeks away. Will hold off until then to see if there's any reduction, if not I will take you up on your original offer....if it still stands! 

Talk again this day week.
    No problem keep me posted!

• Advertisement

Just one more question before the big day Friday if I may!

Is there a best/correct way to connect a sound base to a TV? I'd watch SKY, Netflix via the app on the TV and a blu ray player and my current set up is via optical cable from the TV direct to the sound bar. This means no matter what's being watched the sound comes from the same source (no HDMI on my Sony sound bar) which is handy, but there are times where I experience lip sync issues when watching SKY.

So my question is.....would it be better to connect this sound base directly to the SKY box via HDMI and then optical from the TV to the sound base for everything else? Would that then mean when you switch from watching SKY to Netflix you would need to change the source on the sound base to have any sound?

Apologies if this is a really stupid question!

Howdy....ready to take the plunge on this. Sent a PM with my details but not sure it went through to the right person. Appreciate you're mad busy.....just making sure it went through correctly.

Cheers!

Howdy....ready to take the plunge on this. Sent a PM with my details but not sure it went through to the right person. Appreciate you're mad busy.....just making sure it went through correctly.

Cheers!
    Hey Rodders999.

It's been madness here unfortunately and we are a little behind on our Boards posts.

If you could forward me the PM I will look at it first thing in the morning.

Thanks, I fired off a PM with my number Kenny but it's not showing in my sent folder so not sure if they're getting through or not. The one I sent yesterday doesn't appear in my me sent PM's either.....gremlins!

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks, I fired off a PM with my number Kenny but it's not showing in my sent folder so not sure if they're getting through or not. The one I sent yesterday doesn't appear in my me sent PM's either.....gremlins!
    Rodders,

I'm not sure and I cant even get my paws on Kenny as he is completely swamped at the moment ( he earns his salary that Boy :D

Can you drop me a mail to johnmc@richersounds.ie with the details and I'll look after it for you asap,

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Done.....thanks for that John.

Done.....thanks for that John.
    Hi Rodders999.

Its been crazy here.

Just checking that you have been sorted.

Haven't heard back yet Kenny.....had sent a few PM's and an email to John.

Appreciate you were up the walls though.

Haven't heard back yet Kenny.....had sent a few PM's and an email to John.

Appreciate you were up the walls though.
    Thanks Rodders999.

I will call you within 10 minutes :)

Hi,

I’m experiencing an issue with my M2 (purchased 1st December 2017). Over the last couple of weeks there has been some distortion with the sound at certain points while watching TV, both on the Netflix app and SKY Q. The best way to describe it would be a buzz like sound (like you used to get on an old portable TV with the sound up high) that distorts the audio being received.

I have tried changing all the various audio settings but the fault still occurs.

I contacted Q Acoustics directly but their only response was that they have had a couple of reports of the TV vibrating and have recommended mounting it on a felt or foam mat.

It's definitely not my TV vibrating as the distorted sound is clearly coming directly from the speakers of the M2 and also occurs when I take the TV off it. They asked me to report back if this didn't rectify the issue (and it hasn't) but I have heard nothing back from them since I replied over a week ago.

So just coming back to yourselves in a bit of a SOS!

Hi,

I’m experiencing an issue with my M2 (purchased 1st December 2017). Over the last couple of weeks there has been some distortion with the sound at certain points while watching TV, both on the Netflix app and SKY Q. The best way to describe it would be a buzz like sound (like you used to get on an old portable TV with the sound up high) that distorts the audio being received.

I have tried changing all the various audio settings but the fault still occurs.

I contacted Q Acoustics directly but their only response was that they have had a couple of reports of the TV vibrating and have recommended mounting it on a felt or foam mat.

It's definitely not my TV vibrating as the distorted sound is clearly coming directly from the speakers of the M2 and also occurs when I take the TV off it. They asked me to report back if this didn't rectify the issue (and it hasn't) but I have heard nothing back from them since I replied over a week ago.

So just coming back to yourselves in a bit of a SOS!
    Hi Rodders99.

Apologies to hear you are having an issue with your M2.

What sort of volume is this happening at or does it not matter the volume? Normally a distorted speaker would lead to it possibly haven blown, this causes the cone to grind against the magnet as it moves causing a muffled distorted sound.

I suppose the best way to sort this would be for you to send it back to us here at the store and we can have a test at it and then either repair or replaced.

If sending in back to us please ensure it is packaged well enough to not receive any damage it transport.
    Let me know what you think.

Hi Kenny,

It happens at medium volume (anything over 40 on the M2), no issue at low volume.

Seems like a definite fault with the unit. Should I just get it couriered back to yourselves to be tested?

Hi Kenny,

It happens at medium volume (anything over 40 on the M2), no issue at low volume.

Seems like a definite fault with the unit. Should I just get it couriered back to yourselves to be tested?
    Hey Rodder999.

Yeah. If you just return it to us here at:
    Richesounds
    7 Smithfield Square North
    Belfast
    Co. Antrim 
    BT1 1FN

I will keep my eye out for it and get it tested as soon as it arrives.

Thanks

Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 kilinick

Mod Comment - please see Charter, queries here are for Richersounds to answer, please don’t intervene in threads with advice/opinion, thanks. Any queries about the Charter contact me by PM, please do not post further on this thread.

Let me know once you have sent it back to us Rodders999.

• Advertisement

The courier picked it up about an hour ago....I marked it for your attention Kenny. It should be with you tomorrow hopefully.

Thanks again.

The courier picked it up about an hour ago....I marked it for your attention Kenny. It should be with you tomorrow hopefully.

Thanks again.
    Thanks for letting me know Rodders999.

I'll keep my eye out for it arriving.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.