Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon Fire, Mi Box or Chromecast?

• 15-11-2017 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

As Amazon UK will not ship any of the three here, which is the best option actually available within Ireland and from where should I buy it?

Pls no stuff about VP*s or the thread will get closed down as others have before it.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

You can get the “Fire TV Basic Edition” (basically a version of the Fire TV stick with Alexa stripped out) shipped from Amazon US to Ireland now.

As for Chromecast, you can find that in your local Tesco last time I checked. If not, try Currys PC World.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Mi Box has all the capabilities of a Chromecast and much more.

If you have a Prime Video account and use the Irish primevideo.com, you can get a Fire Stick / Fire TV through parcelmotel but you won't be able to use it like you'd expect. You'll have to use your phone to cast content to the Fire TV rather than use the interface on the TV. Works with 4k content too, e.g. I can cast The Grand Tour in UHD to my UK Fire TV using my Irish primevideo account. Or you could get the above "Basic Edition" which isn't 4K and is more expensive than the equivalent UK Fire Stick.

If you have a Netflix account and a Prime Video account then an all in one device is the Nvidia Shield TV. The Shield has it's own Prime Video app which i'm 95% sure works with Irish Prime Video.

Where to buy? Online. You'll only find the Chromecast in stores here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Currys are often the cheapest place to get a Chromecast same day here. Bigger Tesco and Powercity usually have stock too.

Advertisement